Chapter 3

Seoulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the guys left, Dahee made some tea for her and her sister.

Dahee: Jinoo already started snoring. I will have to drink this tea to make me sleep right away, would you like some?

Dara: Thanks. I would love to get to some sleep too

Dahee: Ok then, another cup of chamomile for you.

Dara: Why did you invite them this weekend?

Dahee: Oh I'm sorry, did you not want them to join us?

Dara: Well...

Dahee: You see, Minyong has always been Jinoo's plus one. And as for Donghae, why not? He's good to look at, I wonder if he will take off his shirt at the beach...

Dara: Stop! Are you supposed to say that? You're married! (Chuckling)

Dahee: I'm imagining for you, unnie.

Dara: Rightttt. Anyway I have to admit, he is nice to look at.

Dahee: So am I right to think you've never been this way since your first boyfriend?

Dara: I don't know.

Dahee: Wait, do you think that would pose as a problem if people saw you with Donghae?

Dara: I don't think so, I mean I'm with you and mom, he could be any family member. Why would anyone jump to that conclusion?

Dahee: Because you might not notice or be conscious of it, but you can't take your eyes off each other.

And with that, Dahee stood up and went inside the master's bedroom. Dara sat quietly and continued to sip her tea unconsciously. Was she that obvious? Why was she drawn to his eyes so much? And why did he seem distant today almost as if he wanted to decline the invitation? Did he already know about Junghyun?

Donghae got home and immediately took a shower. He was getting ready for bed when he remembered that he has not unpacked the rest of his work clothes. He stood up to sort through his luggage when his phone rang. It was his mom.

Donghae's mom: Are you getting ready for bed? Did you get to eat dinner?

Donghae: Hi Ma, did you forget the time difference again? (he jokingly replied to his mother)

Donghae's mom: Omo, is it too late? Is it past midnight?

Donghae: No, but close. It's alright, I am still up finding something to wear for work tomorrow. 

Donghae's mom: Well, I just wanted to say goodnight. I was not able to call you last night and I wanted to wish you luck in your new job. 

Donghae: Thanks Ma and say hi to them for me. 

Donghae's mom: Okay, take of yourself. We miss you. Don't forget to call on weekends.

Donghae: I will Ma, I miss you too.

Donghae's mom: Love you, goodnight

Donghae: Love you too. Goodnight.

Donghae suddenly missed his family. He decided to move away because of his condition. He didn't want them to worry about him. It would be better for them to know when it is time rather than prolonging the agony of    worrying over him while he deteriorates. He remembered the time the doctor told him about his neuromuscular condition, he couldn't understand at first. What did he mean by there was no cure? What did he mean by he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter