Chapter 9

Dancing In The Rain

Chaeyoung has never bothered Mina again since that day and for the rest of the whole week of their exam days. Well, except for that one day where Mina was so sure that Chaeyoung is about to approach her again but.. she didn't. 

 

Mina is in her room, packing for the stuffs that she'll bring. Momo will also sleep at their unit since they have an early flight the next morning. Of course, just what as they planned, the three of them are going back to Japan for their Christmas back. 

 

After she's done, Mina sighed as she stared blankly at her ceiling. She doesn't know why she's feeling that way, it's like she's feeling empty and something is missing. So much feels at the night of the long awaited break after a very hectic and stressful semester. 

 

But then again, Mina couldn't help it. Her thoughts will always end up to one person. Chaeyoung. Someone that Mina misses so much even if she denies it or even if she said that she'll unlike her. Mina knows that for that whole week, she's been longing for Chaeyoung more. 

 

"So Mina.. the thing that's been going on with you and Chaeyoung, is it really over?" Momo suddenly asked while they were having dinner. 

 

Mina coughed as she almost choked with her food. Sana quickly passed her a glass of water while tapping her back. 

 

"Here drink it" then she turned to Momo. "And you Miss Hirai, can your question really can't wait?" 

 

"Alright, I'm sorry" Momo laughed as she raised both of her hands. "I'm just asking, curious, okay? So Mina what is it?" 

 

"Why are you even asking me that? We don't have a 'thing' going on between us" Mina rolled her eyes. 

 

"Oh. Wow. Sana you heard that? She said nothing but she sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend" 

 

Momo continue on laughing, as if enjoying well on teasing Mina while Sana just shook her head. Clearly, she's also done with their friend. Mina jokingly attempted to throw the spoon at Momo and she also playfully dodged. 

 

"Stop being so nosy and let's call it a night. We have an early flight tomorrow" Mina said and went to her room. 

 

"Momo, clean the dishes since you're so hyper!" 

 

Luckily, Mina's thoughts cooperated with her that night and it let her sleep peacefully. But still, it didn't change the fact that they all feel sleepy since they were up very early. Momo is sleeping on Mina's shoulder while Sana is sitting beside her on her airpods as they are waiting for the boarding time. 

 

They ate a quick breakfast before their flight were called to board. The seat that they booked is on a three-seater since Momo doesn't want to sit beside a stranger. She sat near the window, Mina on the middle, and Sana on the isle. Since the flight from Korea to Japan is just almost two hours, they decided to not sleep through it. 

 

"I told her that she doesn't have to avoid me anymore because I'll unlike her already" 

 

Sana and Momo turned to her with her sudden opening up of that topic. Mina has been thinking about telling it to her friends because she thinks she's about to go crazy if she'll keep it to herself. 

 

"What?" 

 

"Really?!" 

 

Mina nodded as she lowered her head, feeling slightly embarrassed. She's just not used to telling what's going on in her mind or what her feelings are. 

 

"Oh my God Sana! Is this really our friend?!" Momo moved her head forward so that she could properly see Sana. She was exaggerating. "You really have a habit of embarrassing yourself, Mina" 

 

"Huh?! Why? What's embarrassing with that?" 

 

"Did it happen that time when she called you at the car park?" Sana asked. 

 

"Uh, yes" 

 

"Wow Mina, do you really think you can unlike her like that? What is Chaeyoung, some kind of an Instagram post?! You're crazy!" Momo was laughing at her again, just a little quiet since they're inside a plane. 

 

Mina gave her a death glare again as she smacked Momo's arm

 

"You're so annoying Momo! You've been teasing me since last night" 

 

Sana interrupted them before they could fight. "Okay that's enough. Prepare your stuffs because we're almost near" 

 

The familiar air, the environment, the feels, it all welcomed the three of them. With the sight of the airport, it really feels like they are already back home. At the entrance, their families are waiting for them and Momo left first as she ran towards her dad. 

 

Mina was all smiles as soon as she took a glance of her parents. Even if she badly wants to go to Korea, Mina admits that she misses her mom and dad so much. 

 

"Darling! Oh my Mina" her mom said as she hugged her while caressing her hair. "I miss you baby" 

 

"I miss you too mom" 

 

"Come here my princess and hug your old man too" Mina smiler after hearing that and throw a big hug to her dad. 

 

"I miss you daddy! And your yummy foods" her dad laughed as the three of them goes arm and arm to their car. 

 

As soon as they arrive home, Mina plopped down on her bed. It was just a two hour flight but she really feels so exhausted. She roamed her eyes on her room and nothing much changed, her mom really didn't move a single thing on it. Mina didn't realize that she fell asleep and only woke up with her stomach growling. 

 

She took a quick shower before she goes downstairs. The table is already set for their dinner and her parents are just waiting for her. Mina's mom really goes all out with their first dinner together after being away from each other for a while. She really miss eating home cooked foods specially her mom's cooking. 

 

"Mina dear, how's Korea? And school?" Her dad asked. 

 

Mina drank water before answering. "It's fine dad, Sana and I are doing great there" 

 

"Are you still just stuck with Sana? No new friends?" 

 

"I already have some new friends dad. Don't worry" Mina chuckled. 

 

"How about a boyfriend?" Mina's mom looked at her teasingly, slightly laughing. 

 

"I.. I don't have a boyfriend mom" 

 

"So nervous" her parents laughed. "Don't tell me you have a girlfriend?" 

 

Mina's eyes widened, it was so unexpected to hear it from her parents. "Mom! I am focusing on my studied okay" 

 

"Alright, if you say so" 

 

It was just a two weeks Christmas break and as expected of Mina, she just spent the whole week of it being at home. She spent her time mostly on her room, cleaning, reading, and of course playing games. The day before Christmas, she suddenly saw her stuff for knitting. A thought crossed her mind even if she knows it's kinda absurd. 

 

Mima started knitting a hat and it was intentionally for Chaeyoung. Even before she realized what she's doing, she could just shake her head and laugh at herself. Maybe all this time, Momo was really right. How can she really unlike Chaeyoung like that? 

 

Nevertheless, she continued on knitting that hat and Mina was just hoping that one day she'll have a chance and a courage to give it to Chaeyoung. Every time she has a free time and before she sleeps, Mina would knit. She really poured all of her heart for that gift and just by thinking about it going to waste, makes her heart hurt. 

 

After Christmas, her parents chose to spent Mina's last week with them in Tokyo. It wasn't just for Mina since her dad had a business there. Mina was against on coming with them but after her mom pursued her, she agreed in the end. She just make it as a chance to roam the big city. 

 

They stayed at a VIP hotel and before she goes back to Korea, she decided to buy gifts for her friends. It was the first time that Mina will roam around Japan alone like that. Visiting shops and enjoying the city view. 

 

Mina is in a coffee shop for a quick break since she got hungry. She's choosing from the display of slices of cake when her heart suddenly beat fast upon hearing a very very familiar voice behind her. At first, Mina thought that she's hallucinating, but when she looked back it looks like she wasn't. 

 

"Mina?" 

 

Mina gulped so hard, for all those people she wasn't expecting to see her here. 

 

"Chaeyoung..." 

 

She stood frozen when Chaeyoung suddenly rushed to her and hugged her tightly. Mina doesn't know how to react, she's still in a dazed. It still doesn't sink in to her that Chaeyoung is here right now, hugging her. 

 

"Mina.. you're really here" 

 

The two of them sat on a vacant table with their cakes and drinks on it. It was awkward at first, but it's weird that Mina felt at ease and comfortable at the same time. It's like she's back to her safe place. And that is with Chaeyoung. 

 

"So.. how are you Chaeyoung? And what are you doing here? I mean.. I didn't really expect to see you in Japan" 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, even though Mina doesn't know why. "Well, me too. No, I kinda wanted to really see you here even if it's impossible. But.. yeah, you're really here" 

 

Mina looked away because she felt her cheeks were hot. She never felt this way for a long time again and as usual, the reason is Chaeyoung. 

 

"To answer your question, I'm here with my parents for their business. I wasn't gonna go but when I heard that they're going to Japan, I pushed my luck to see you" 

 

"Uh.. I don't know what to say" Mina cleared . 

 

"Mina, it's okay. I'm sorry if I approached you again when you told me not to" Chaeyoung lowered her head. "I guess I just.. missed you" 

 

Chaeyoung sounded so sad and Mina felt it because that's what she's feeling too. She also felt guilty for telling Chaeyoung to stay away but she was just hurt that time. 

 

"I missed you too, Chaeyoung" 

 

Chaeyoung lifted her head up only to see a smiling and blushing Mina. She couldn't help but to smile back at her. Hearts are already at ease and healed. 

 

"Are you sure you don't want me to take you on your hotel?" Chaeyoung asked again for the second time. 

 

"Yeah, I'm sure, I'll be fine. You should get going too Chaeyoung, your parents might be looking for you already" 

 

"I could make time for you but of course, I respect your decision" she smiled and patted Mina's head. "I guess it's goodbye for now, Mina" 

 

"Yeah.. so, see you in Korea?" 

 

Chaeyoung nodded and pulled Mina for a hug again. "See you in Korea, Mina" 

 

At that  moment, Mina was already sure and she can't betray her heart anymore. 

 

There's just no turning back. 

 

Mina can't unlike Chaeyoung anymore.