Chapter 13

Dancing In The Rain

Months passed by quickly and it's almost the end of the last semester. Finally, Mina and the whole gang survived their life as a second year college students. All their stressful days, sleepless nights, the crammimg, and their tears already paid off. They all could say that they're much more ready for the upcoming year to come.

 

But before that, they want to enjoy their vacation first. To forget about school and live as a normal teenager even for just two stress-free months. As usual, Sana, Momo, and Mina are going back to Japan. The only difference this time is that Mina will bring Chaeyoung along with her. She doesn't even know what made her decide that, but Mina just followed her heart. Mina wants to introduce Chaeyoung to her parents as her girlfriend.. or not.

 

Mina was a little hesitant to open it up to Chaeyoung, to ask her is she wanted to come. It took alot of courage to mention it to Chaeyoung and it felt like every time is a wrong timing. But it was now or never for Mina that night they were cuddling on the bed, she finally asked Chaeyoung.

 

Lucky for her, even if she could see that Chaeyoung was somewhat nervous too, she still said yes to Mina.

 

"Are you sure? Chaeng, I don't want to nake you feel uncomfortable"

 

Chaeyoung just smiled and kissed her forehead. "Anything for you, Mina. I'd like to meet your parents too" 

 

And now, that's the reason why they're at the airport. They are looking for Mina's parents who presented to pick up the both of them. Chaeyoung was just following Mina until she too could see Mina's mom waving at them. Mina was smiling as she waved back and looked at Chaeyoung just to check if she's doing okay. 

 

"Mom! Dad! I missed you" Mina greeted as she hugged the both of them. Her dad patted her head while smiling. 

 

"We missed you too, darling" Her mom said while smiling then gazed at Chaeyoung from the back. She smiled knowingly as she looked at Mina once again. "Is this the friend you were talking about, Mina?" 

 

Mina doesn't even know why she's so nervous with that simple question. She doesn't know what to answer, she kept on looking at Chaeyoung and her mom back and forth. 

 

"Mom, actually-" 

 

Mina's words were cut off by Chaeyoung, obviously saving her because she knows that she's nervous. But Mina was more surprised by Chaeyoung's unexpected answer. She was literally mind blown. 

 

"Good day, Mr. and Mrs. Myoui. I am Son Chaeyoung.." she introduced formally. "Mina's girlfriend" 

 

Mina's jaw dropped at that as she stared at Chaeyoung wide-eyed. Mina's mom and dad exchange glances at each other. Her dad even cleared his throat. 

 

"Oh, wow.." Mina's mom exclaimed, startled but still remained calm and smiling at Chaeyoung. "I think we should head to the restaurant first then let's talk about that, shall we?" 

 

Mina's parents are already inside the restaurant confirming their reservation while the two of them are falling behind. Chaeyoung glanced at Mina and noticed that Mina seemed to be a little anxious so she grabbed her hand and that made Mina look at her. 

 

"Hey baby, are you okay?" Mina just nodded and smiled. "I'm sorry if I have to say that, I just want them to know the truth. I want to properly ask permission from them" 

 

"No, it's okay. I'm just nervous if.. if my parents are okay with this. With us" 

 

Mina was really stressing herself over what her parents is thinking at that moment. She was never vocal when it comes to her personal life, she rarely opens up with them. So suddenly bringing a girlfriend without them even having a slightest hint about her true uality is freaking her out. 

 

As their lunch together proceeds, Mina could only heave a sigh of relief when everything is just going fine. Her parents are even talking to Chaeyoung, not interrogating or scaring her off at all. 

 

At that moment, as the talk goes on and the topic comes down about their relationship, Mina realized that she's just being anxious for nothing. She almost forgot how supportive her parents are to her even if sometimes they could be controlling nd over protective. But then again, it's just for her own sake because they love Mina so much. 

 

Mina's heart is blooming with too much joy because her parents clearly accepted her and Chaeyoung, and their relationship. Mina was so thankful for Chaeyoung for being brave enough on confessing it to them because Mina doesn't even know when can she do that even if she badly wanted too. 

 

Everything was just going fine and falling into their right places, all is going smoothly that they even have a heartily lunch for the first time all together. There's just one thing that her dad said to Chaeyoung which was engraved to her but most specially, to Chaeyoung. 

 

"I can see how our daughter is so happy with you and because of you, and this is why we're not going against it and her decisions. Ever since, all we want is for Mina to be happy and that's all. So if you're making our princess happy, why should we be a hindrance for it?" Mina's dad said while holding Mina's hand. She get a little bit teary-eyed because of that, it's like the first time she heard her dad like that. 

 

"Thank you for your trust, Mr. Myoui"

 

"But.. it just doesn't end like that. I won't be that easy on you Chaeyoung because you see, it's our only daughter we're talking about" then he laughed in a playful tone but Mina could sense that Chaeyoung tensed a bit. 

 

"Dad, I thought we're already okay. Don't scare Chaeyoung" 

 

"Oh darling, I am not. My apologies, Chaeyoung" he smiled. "This is just my only rule and favor to you"

 

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded. "Whatever it is, I'll accept it Mr. Myoui" 

 

"Just don't hurt Mina and don't make her cry. If you do, give her back to us again. Full and unscathed, just like how beautiful she is today" Her dad suddenly got serious, that voice full of authority is back. "And please remember and respect that whatever happens, it's always family first over you. Are we clear?" 

 

Chaeyoung gulped a little but Mina held her hand and gripped it tight. Assuring that everything is okay. So she smiled again and shook hands with Mina's dad. 

 

"Noted, Mr. Myoui" 

 

After that nerve-wracking lunch on the first day, everything became well on their whole vacation. Mina and Chaeyoung spent a whole week exploring Mina's hometown, visiting different places which Mina introduced, and just basically enjoying their time together. 

 

Before they came back to Korea, Mina's parents talked to Chaeyoung and repeated what they said on that first meeting. Chaeyoung promised that she will take care of Mina and that they don't need to worry about anything. 

 

Mina's heart fluttered with that and she also felt how secured she is with Chaeyoung. She always gave Mina that safe feeling whenever when they're together. She was really thankful for Chaeyoung for alot of things. 

 

Mina could say that her feelings grown more deeper after that short vacation in Japan. Once she saw Chaeyoung with her parents. And on how she was so brave and how she's so ready to fight for their relationship. 

 

After coming back to Korea, all of their friends decided to just enjoy the rest of the remaining days before class starts again. Since Mina was gone for a while, she made sure that she could make it up to everyone specially to Momo and Sana. If she'll summarize what they all did for the last remaining days of their summer vacation, Mina would just answer: partying. 

 

Two days before the resume of classes, Mina and Chaeyoung decided to finally buy some of their needed school stuffs. Chaeyoung picked up Mina from their condo but they had to go back to Chaeyoung's because she left her wallet. 

 

But as soon as the car was nearing the apartment building, Mina noticed that Chaeyoung was squinting her eyes with brows furrowed. As if looking for something ahead of them. 

 

"What is she doing here?" Mina heard Chaeyoung murmurs. 

 

"Who?" 

 

"Huh?" Chaeyoung asked as if she was startled. She then quickly stopped the car, still a little far from the entrance and removed her seat belt. "Baby, can you wait for me here for a while? I.. I just need to talk to.. someone" 

 

Even if Mina was confused, she just nodded at her and watched as Chaeyoung walked fast to a particular car. Chaeyoung's car was parked afar but Mina could see that someone got out from the driver's seat and she knows that its familiar. And she's right, it's Jeongyeon. 

 

Chaeyoung and her talked behind the car so Mina can clearly see the two of them. They were talking but she wasn't sure if they're fighting or not. Mina could also see how Chaeyoung was looking to her direction from time to time and that's what made Jeongyeon to look at her too. 

 

After minutes of talking, Mina saw how Chaeyoung frustratedly ran her hand through her hair and proceeded to walk to the passenger side. It's blocking Mina's view now so she doesn't know what's really happening. She was left with no choice but to just wait for Chaeyoung to comeback. 

 

It was a boring ten minutes of waiting before Mina could see Chaeyoung walking back to her car. She can't quite figure out Chaeyoung's expression as she's walking. Mina's eyes were glued on her until she was seated back to the driver's seat. 

 

Obviously, Chaeyoung's mood did a flip. Mina could tell that whatever happened outside, or her with Jeongyeon, didn't go well. 

 

"Mina, can we just buy our stuff tomorrow? I have.." she awkwardly cleared as she started the engine. "An emergency at home" 

 

"Of course, baby. Don't worry about it" 

 

Chaeyoung gave her a half smile before she started driving away. Mina wanted to ask alot of things but.. as always, she couldn't. She just kept it to herself. 

 

Even if she's dead curious on why Chaeyoung's mood suddenly changed. What did she and Jeongyeon talked about? Did they fight again? 

 

Mina glanced over Chaeyoung and she still had that blank face but with furrowed brows on. Clearly, she's thinking about something. Chaeyoung is in a deep thought. 

 

Again, Mina hated this feeling everytime Chaeyoung shuts her off. It's like, she's not being considered as a part of Chaeyoung's life at all. 

 

And as Chaeyoung's car passed by to what she's supposed to be Jeongyeon's car, Mina was he ll sure that she saw a girl sitting on the passenger seat. 

 

That girl... Chaeyoung talked to that girl. 

 

 

 

P. S. it's my birthday today so it's a gift to y'all ^^❤️