Chapter 12

Dancing In The Rain

It's still a shock for Mina to know that Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon are step-sisters. It was the least she expected nor didn't even had a single thought about it. All Mina and their other friends knew is that they're childhood friends because that's what Chaeyoung and Dahyun are. 

 

But when Chaeyoung explained why there's just a few who knows about it, she understood why they kept it hidden. Chaeyoung was just being considerate to follow Jeongyeon's request. Chaeyoung's family, specially her dad, is a well-known rich business man. Jeongyeon's mother is her second wife after Chaeyoung's mom died. Jeongyeon asked her to kept it secret because she doesn't want to gain attention, good or bad insights, and most specially that's what Chaeyoung's dad wanted too. 

 

Chaeyoung said that her dad never really said that he doesn't want for other people to know that he has another daughter but all those business meetings and travels are enough proof that he's hiding Jeongyeon from them. It's always Chaeyoung who he brought along. 

 

Mina knows that it was really hard for Chaeyoung to open up with this topic and so she's so glad that she did it to her. Even she's still hesitant, Chaeyoung still let Mina know about it. Now that Mina thinks about it, she could see that Chaeyoung really has a kind heart. For she accepted Jeongyeon as her real sister. They were really getting along well. 

 

Except for that day when Mina saw them fighting. Unintentionally. Mina pondered that maybe the cause of Jeongyeon's reaction towards her and Chaeyoung's relationship is just her being a big sister for Chaeyoung and that she shouldn't dig deep into that. 

 

Mina doesn't know if they already made up or not because Chaeyoung never brought up that topic again. When they're together, Chaeyoung is just the same, she's not bothered by anything at all. In fact, they're always happy they always enjoy being together. Everyday, Mina feels so loved by Chaeyoung that sometimes it feels surreal. 

 

Sometimes, Mina wanted to ask Chaeyoung if she's okay or if her and Jeongyeon is okay but she doesn't want to sound nosy. But then, it doesn't take a genius to guess that they're still not okay when Mina hasn't seen Jeongyeon two days in a row now. Jeongyeon is not eating lunch with them.

 

"Baby, I'm sorry if I can't take you home today" Chaeyoung said as she walked Mina towards Sana's car. 

 

It's Friday and their supposed afternoon class were canceled due to an urgent faculty meeting. It's also the reason why they all are happy because they can all go home early. If it's the normal Fridays, Mina and Chaeyoung would've been in Chaeyoung's condo right now, entangled in each other's arms. But today is an exception because Chaeyoung had to be gone for days again because of a business trip. 

 

"It's okay. Just have a safe flight and keep me posted when you can, okay?" 

 

"Of course. I will. I'll miss you again" Chaeyoung kissed her forehead and looked straight into Mina's eyes while caressing her face. "And I'm sorry.. if we can't spend our first month of being together. I'll make it up to you when I came back" 

 

Mina smiled at her. A smile of assurance. "That's okay, baby. You know that I understand" 

 

"Thank you, Mina" Chaeyoung then pulled her into a hug. "I'll do everything to make this as the last time that I'll be gone for a business trip, okay? Just wait for me. I love you. I really do" 

 

"I love you, too, Chaeng" Mina then hugged her back, more tighter. "I will always wait for you" 

 

Mina spent her weekend with her friends. She took it as a chance to also make up for them since Sana and Momo is already complaining of rarely seeing her in condo or during their sleepovers. She's keeping herself busy with them and her school stuff but Mina can't stay still whenever she thinks of Chaeyoung. 

 

Mina misses her so much. Chaeyoung rarely text or call but whenever she has a time, she will. She understands because Mina knows she's busy. And Mina appreciates that effort alot, it means so much to her. It calms her down. 

 

It was twelve midnight that Monday, and Mina is already in her deep slumber when her phone rang loudly. It startled her sleeping mind that she almost curse on whoever dare to call at that wee hour but her heart raced upon seeing Chaeyoung's caller ID. 

 

"Hello, Chaeng? Are you okay?" Mina asked worriedly. But there's just soft noise on the background until she heard a soft strum of guitar. 

 

And then, Chaeyoung's soft beautiful voice echoed... 

 

"There I was an empty piece of a shell

Just mindin' my own world

Without even knowin' what love and life were all about... 

 

Then you came

You brought me out of the shell

You gave the world to me

And before I knew

There I was so in love with you..." 

 

Mina didn't realize that a tear already escaped her eyes. She can't help but to be emotional, no one ever did this to her. No one made her feel this way. No one have loved her this way. 

 

Only Chaeyoung. 

 

"You gave me a reason for my being

And I love what I'm feelin'

You gave me a meaning to my life

Yes, I've gone beyond existing

And it all began when I met you..." 

 

"Chaeng.. baby..." Mina called out in almost a whiper.

 

"It all began when I met you, Mina.." Mina closed her eyes, focusing only on Chaeyoung's voice and words. "Happy first month of being together, my love"

 

"I love you too damn much, Chaeyoung. It hurts. I miss you. Thank you for being my girlfriend and making me happy for that whole month" Mina wanted to hug her so bad. She wanted to see her, to kiss her. "Please.. come home"

 

"Just wait a little bit more. I'm coming to you"

 

Chaeyoung was absentfor three days now and Mina really misses her so bad. It doesn't help too that she's not messaging her since Tuesday night. It's Wednesday now, and there's still nothing. Mina wanted to cry in frustration plus her friends seemed like they doesn't care at all. Yet here they are, planning for a party tonight.

 

"Are you all in for tonight, right? I'll already call for a reservation" Jihyo said while typing on her phone.

 

"Isn't it a wrong timing? Really, a party on a Wednesday night?" Sana raised her brow, showing her disagreement.

 

"That's true. We all have classes tomorrow" Mina sided with Sana. Her reasons are true plus, she's not in the mood.

 

"Yah! Sana!" Momo called her and widened her eyes at her as if signaling something. "And you too, Mina. Don't be so bitter please!"

 

"Goodness, it's Valentine's everyone. We could at least party right? Since we're all single here"

 

"Uh, Mina unnie isn't tho?" Tzuyu stated.

 

Dahyun cleared and laughed awkwardly while eyeing Tzuyu. "But Chaeyoung, my friend, is not here right? So Mina can party!"

 

"I don't really-"

 

"Shush! We're all going. And you Sana and Mina are coming" Jihyo said in final. 

 

Mina just got out of the shower and she saw Sana waiting on her room. She's already dressed in her crop top and black leather skirt. Sana is sitting on her bed and beside her is a white dress laid nicely. 

 

"Momo called me and kept on bugging me that I should pick your dress tonight and here it is.." Sana then handed the dress that's still on a hanger and Mina get it still confused. 

 

Mina's brows are furrowed as she looked closely to her white dress. "I thought it's a party so why the hell am I wearing this? Is it a wedding?!" 

 

"Just shut up and wear it quickly. We need to go" Sana slammed the door shut so Mina had no choice but to just to as she was told. 

 

They arrive at The Blacklist at exactly eight in the evening. Even though it's Wednesday, there's still alot of people partying. They made their way through the crowd and find the VIP room that Jihyo reserved for tonight.

 

Everyone is already there and to Mina's surprise, even Jeongyeon was there. Their eyes met and Mina doesn't know how to act but luckily enough, Jeongyeon smiled at her a little and nod. So Mina did the same.

 

Their friends are enjoying the night and drinking to their hearts content. But Mina still drink moderately because it will be bad of they'll all gonna be drunk tonight. Momo, Dahyun, and Jihyo left earlier to go to the dance floor but when they came back, Momo is not with them.

 

"Is Momo not back yet?" Dahyun asked, obviously worried.

 

"No. I thought she's with you?" Sana answered.

 

"Yes, but she said she'll go back first. Right, Jihyo?"

 

Jihyo nodded as she sat down. "Yeah, she said she's dizzy"

 

"Oh my God then where the hell is Momo?!" Mina asked in panic after knowing that she's feeling dizzy.

 

"Mina can you help us find her? We will search again at the dance floor and you try to look for her at the rooftop"

 

Mina didn't even think twice and obeyed Dahyun's instruction. She quickly made her way to the staircase towards the rooftop. It took her alot of time to finally climb since she was roaming her eyes around and the whole floor was packed with people.

 

Mina was panting hard when she reached the last step of the staircase as she hold onto the door knob before opening it. And when she finally did, was left open as her eyes were filled were curiosity.

 

The rooftop is well decorated with fancy lights and flowers everywhere. There's also a table for two on the center with candles on it. And when Mina was still trying to figure out what's happening, a soft music played and she was almost on the verge of crying.

 

The music was so familiar. It was the song that Chaeyoung sang that night.

 

And.. there she is. Chaeyoung, Mina's girlfriend, the one she's been missing so much. Slowly walking towards her while holding a boquet of flowers.

 

Mina is already wiping her tears when Chaeyoung finally approached her. She's smiling widely at Mina, admiring her beauty and her cute reaction.

 

"Happy Valentine's day, baby" Chaeyoung said as she handed the boquet.

 

Mina was half laughing and half crying as she get it with all her heart. Playfully smacking Chaeyoung's arm.

 

"You don't have to surprise me like this! You're making me cry"

 

Chaeyoung chuckled and hugged her. "Awe, come here. I'm sorry, I just want to do something for this special day. It's a double celebration"

 

"Right, right. I know, but still.. anyway, thank you baby. Happy valentine's!"

 

They walked towards were the table is and Mina carefully placed the boquet there. Before she could even sit, Chaeyoung already drag her to an open space and placed her hand to her waist.

 

Mina was giggling nonstop because of that and because of Chaeyoung's sudden gestures. She also placed her hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder as they sway their bodies to the music. It was so magical for Mina, with all these lights and flowers and the soft music that's filling the air.

 

They were just staring at each other's eyes, smiling from ear to ear. Still dancing as if the whole world just revolve around them. It's like it's just the two of them are there, no one else.

 

Chaeyoung stopped dancing and slowly caressed Mina's face as she pulled her in for a kiss. A kiss that sends so many emotions and it was all felt by Mina. Once they stop their passionate kiss, they gasped for air. And the sweet smile at each other were back.

 

"Mina, I'd like to spend countless of Valentine's, hours, days, and years with you"