Chapter 11

Dancing In The Rain

"Mina, why is Chaeyoung outside?"

 

Mina looked at Sana and to where she's looking at only to see Chaeyoung waiting outside their classroom. She's leaning on the railings while on her phone. 

 

"Uh.." Mina cleared while Sana watch her suspiciously as she blush hard. "I don't know" 

 

That last twenty minutes of class felt so long for Mina and of all days, this was the day she prayed for the class to end really fast. Momo  already joined Chaeyoung on waiting for them outside and as soon as the professor ends the class, Mina fixed her stuff quickly. 

 

"Slow down girl. She ain't going anywhere" Sana said while looking at her unbelievably. Mina just rolled her eyes at her and went outside while fixing her hair. 

 

Momo and Chaeyoung stopped talking once they saw Sana and Mina already outside. Chaeyoung can't stop looking at Mina and it made her heart flutter more. She just can't stop smiling now. 

 

"Uh.. hi" Mina shyly said to Chaeyoung. 

 

Chaeyoung then boldly walked towards her and brushed her arms. "Hi. How are you?" 

 

"I'm.. fine" 

 

"Goodness! Stop flirting in front of us" Momo dramatically said, teasing them. "Let's go, I'm already hungry" 

 

"Oh, is it okay if Mina and me will go to the library first? I just need to return this book" 

 

"Sure, no problem!" 

 

But Sana furrowed her brows while looking at them suspiciously. "Can't you do it after eating?" 

 

"Hey Sana, it's okay. The library is just on our way" Mina assured her. "We'll be quick" 

 

In the end, Sana gave up so Momo and her goes to cafeteria first. While Chaeyoung and Mina goes to the library as planned. Mina doesn't know what to say, she's just completely shy but happy because her "girlfriend" is with her. 

 

They were walking side by side, shoulders bumping from time to time. Suddenly, their hands brushed to each other and like an electricity rushes in Mina held her own hand and looked away from Chaeyoung. 

 

Mina just turned to her again when she heard her laugh. "What?" 

 

"Nothing. You're just really cute when you blush" 

 

She just stared at Chaeyoung unbelievably, clearly shr really has a bit of making her embarrass and pointing it out. Mina stopped outside the library as she crossed her arms and glares at Chaeyoung. 

 

"You're not going with me inside?" 

 

Mina firmly shook her head while still glaring at her. "No, so just do what you have tobdo because I'm really hungry" 

 

"Oh.. my baby is hangry again" Chaeyoung teased once more and laughed. "Don't worry, I'll hold your hand later" 

 

Mina let out a big sigh because of Chaeyoung's too much teasing. She really likes to piss her off and gets on her nerves. But as weird as it is, it's one of the reason why Mina likes Chaeyoung. 

 

They're now at the entrance of the cafeteria and Mina is busy roaming her eyes around to find their friends. She's still so focused on finding them when Chaeyoung suddenly slid her hand onto Mina and dragged her inside. Mina was in so shock because of her sudden moves, she still can't believe that Chaeyoung is holding her hand in front of these crowds. 

 

Mina didn't even know that Chaeyoung was serious about holding her hand later. She didn't know it's this sooner. Mina was so out of it that she didn't realize they're already near their friend's table. She started to panic because they all might see them but it's too late, they already did. And it seems so fine with Chaeyoung like this was her plan all along. 

 

"Chaeyoung, what are you doing?" Mina whispered in gritted teeth. 

 

"Holding my girlfriend's hand and showing it to my friends?" 

 

Before Mina could even argue with it, they were already met with loud coos and tease from their friends. Specially Dahyun, Momo, and Jihyo. 

 

"Oh wow! What is this that we're seeing? Chaeyoung.. and Mina.. holding each other's hand?" Dahyun started. 

 

Momo even shook Sana's shoulder which she irritatedly removed. "I knew it! I knew it! Something is fishy with Chaeyoung waiting for Mina outside their classroom" 

 

"Oh my God! So are you two really a couple now? Chaeyoung? Mina?" Jihyo asked excitedly and Mina shyly nodded. Another streak of cheers were heard from them. "I was so right on shipping the both of you!" 

 

Mina and Chaeyoung sat down on their usual seats despite of the chaos. They were so loud and was even debating about how they knew that they both liked it each other. 

 

Everyone was happy, even Tzuyu who's usually quiet is laughing with them and mouthed "congrats" to Mina. But except for Sana who suddenly was out of the mood and Mina knew that it's her fault again. She understands her and was bothered by it so she promised herself that she's gonna reconcile with her later. 

 

Mina was happy that they're all happy for them but her smile faded when her eyes landed on Jeongyeon. She's sure they had a split second eye contact before Jeongyeon drank on her soda while slightly shaking her head. 

 

It made Mina's brows furrowed. She was clearly bothered by it. First, Jeongyeon's words last time and now this. 

 

"Alright, alright. Stop hyping about our relationship now because Mina needs to eat" Chaeyoung said just to make their friends stop. "Hey baby, what do you want?" 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"Mina, are you okay?" 

 

"Oh, yeah yeah. Come on let's buy food" Mina shook her head off from her deep thoughts and over thinking. 

 

Before they could even walked out from the table, Mina saw Sana stood up and grabbing her bag. 

 

"I'll return to class first" That's the only thing she said and quickly walked off. Tzuyu then stood up also while still staring at Sana. 

 

"Uh, I'll go with Sana. I have to finish something for class too" 

 

Mina was so bothered by it that even that night, she can't stay still in her bed. She's supposed to sleep since it's getting late but Mina wants to talk to Sana. So she made up her mind and got up, stood in front of Sana's room. Still hesitating to knock or not. 

 

In the end, she did the latter. "Sana, are you still awake?" 

 

When there's still no response, Mina quietly opened the door slightly just to take a peak. At first she thought that Sana is already sleeping but when she saw her squirm on her bed, Mina sighed because her friend is just avoiding her. 

 

Mina creep in on Sana's bed and hugged her pillow on her chest. Sana is facing her back to her while covered in her blanket but Mina knows that she's still awake. 

 

"Look, I know you're mad and I'm sorry for that" Mina started. "I'm planning to tell it to you first, okay? But.. I didn't know that Chaeyoung has a plan like that" 

 

Sana was still giving her a cold shoulder. Mina glanced over her and hugged her tight while giving all her weight to Sana. 

 

"Are you still not going to talk to me? Hey Sana, I'm sorry.. please please" 

 

Mina started tickling Sana and the latter laughed out loud while blocking Mina's hand off her. 

 

"Mina! Stoooop! I give up, I give up" They were both panting while laughing as they laid back again. 

 

"So the tickle technique still works" Mina said and Sana smacked her arm. "On a serious note, I'm really sorry Sana" 

 

"It's okay, Mina. I realized I don't have a right to be upset, right?" Sana said and glanced over her as she gave Mina a little smile. "If you're happy, then I'll be happy for you too" 

 

"Thank you, Sana" 

 

Sana fixed her position while giving Mina the other half of her blanket. "So.. how long?" 

 

"Gosh! It's just last night, you know? It happened at The Blacklist, while raining" Mina even squealed. "It's sooo romantic! I won't even forget it for the rest of my life" 

 

"Well then.. good for you" 

 

They spent that night just talking and Mina sharing how their relationship escalated like this until they just both got sleepy. 

 

Three weeks already passed and they are all back to being busy with school stuff. They all even rarely hang out together because of their hectic schedules. It's the same for Mina and Chaeyoung, they don't hang out with each other everyday except for lunch but they still make sure to have time and communication with each other. 

 

For them, it just makes their relationship more stronger. Everyday, their love for each other goes a little deeper. 

 

It's Saturday, Momo invited Sana and Mima over her unit. Mina agreed quickly because she'll have a chance to see Chaeyoung. Mina doesn't want to bother her so she's just gonna surprise her for a little bit and spend time with her for awhile and goes back to Momo's unit. 

 

Mina is already near Chaeyoung's unit when the door opened and a furious Jeongyeon came out. She almost stopped after seeing Mina but ignored her in the end and hurriedly goes inside the elevator. Mina saw Chaeyoung just by the door, looking pale and stressed while running her hand through her hair. 

 

"Hey, what happened? Are you okay?" Mina asked in concern as she hugged Chaeyoung. 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. What are you doing here? You didn't say you're coming" 

 

"I'm sorry, Momo invited us over and I also wanted to surprise you" Mina said in a small voice as they sat on the living room. 

 

Chaeyoung leaned back on the sofa while closing her eyes. Her forehead are still wrinkled, clearly thinking about something. Mina was so curious about what happened but she doesn't want to ask Chaeyoung, she doesn't want to be nosy. 

 

"It's okay baby. I'm glad you're here" Chaeyoung then pulled Mina and hugged her by the waist as she rest her head on Mina's shoulder. 

 

"It's almost dinner time. Did you already ate?" Mina felt how Chaeyoung shook her head. 

 

She sighed as she stood up and Chaeyoung watched her, ready to be nagged. "I bet. Just rest and wait for a little while, I'll just cook a quick dinner" 

 

Mina did her wonders om the kitchen and cooked a simple quick meal for the two of them. Chaeyoung almost finished everything, it looks like she's starving and Mina wouldn't be surprised if Chaeyoung didn't eat the whole day. 

 

"Here, drink this vitamins. Look at those dark circles" Mina leaned in on Chaeyoung's face as she pointed at her eyes. "Are you even sleeping? You'll sleep early tonight, okay? No buts!" 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled as she looked at Mina, adoring her. She leaned in and quickly kissed Mina's lips that left the latter dumbfounded. 

 

"I'll just take a shower" Chaeyoung said and walked out of the kitchen as if nothing happened. 

 

Chaeyoung is already on her bed, ready to sleep while Mina is still fixing her study table. Her books and papers are everywhere and it's so messy. 

 

"Hey baby, that's enough of that. Lay her beside me" Chaeyoung whined like a baby. "Are you sure that it's okay for them that you'll sleep here?" 

 

"Don't worry, they're just one floor below. I'll call them, okay?" 

 

Mina got out of Chaeyoung's room and dialed Sana's number. It rang for a little long before it was answered. 

 

"Sana-" 

 

"Hey Mina, it's Momo" Mina could hear bottles clinking.

 

"Where's Sana?" 

 

"Oh. Sana.. uh-" Momo paused for a while. "She's.. she's in the bathroom. Yeah.. why what is it?" 

 

"I just want to say that I'll be sleeping here because Chaeyoung is feeling a little sick" Mina said while still picking up papers on the floor. "Please just tell it to Sana, okay?" 

 

Once the phone call is done, Mina returned to Chaeyoung's room. She's already sleeping, as what Mina thought, her arms are on her face covering her eyes. So Mina silently lay beside her but Chaeyoung felt it and opened her arm so that Mina could lay on it. 

 

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" 

 

Chaeyoung hugged her and kissed the top of her head. "No. I'm waiting for you" 

 

They fell on a dead silence, enjoying the comfort of each other. Mina was just hugging Chaeyoung too, but suddenly, she spoke up once again. 

 

"About what happened when you arrive.. uh, me and Jeongyeon had a little fight. 

 

Mina hummed as she do a little tap on Chaeyoung's tummy. "Was it bad?" 

 

"No baby, just a.. little misunderstanding" Chaeyoung shifted on her position so Mina lay sideways and she did the same. So now, they're facing each other. "I have something to tell you, Mina" 

 

"Okay.. what is it?" 

 

"Only a little knows about this. Mostly are just some of our close friends" Chaeyoung took a deep breath as she still stare intently at Mina. "But since you're already my girlfriend, I feel like you a lso deserve to know" 

 

Mina faked a laugh just to calm herself. "You're making me nervous. Just tell it to me" 

 

"Well.. me and Jeongyeon, we're sisters. Actually, my step-sister"