Chapter 7

Dancing In The Rain

It's Saturday and its not the usual Saturdays for Mina because since she and Chaeyoung got close, Saturdays has been the day where they hang out all day. But right now, Mina is in her room covered with her blanket, avoiding Chaeyoung's sixth call that early morning.

 

 

Since last night, Mina doesn't know how to face Chaeyoung again after embarrassing herself like that. How could she boldly told her that she's jealous and now she's literally avoiding her.

 

 

"Ugh! Damn that courage the alcohol gives!"

 

 

She burrows her face on her pillow as that scene from last night played in her mind again like a broken record.

 

 

"Damn it, I am ing jealous Son Chaeyoung!"

 

 

They both stared at each other, as Mina stood froze by the sudden realization of what she just blurted out. Chaeyoung's face is unreadable again, but still, she stood there as if trying to process what just happened.

 

 

Mina cleared as she run her hand through her hair, taking up the courage to look away first.

 

 

"Just.. just forget what I said" then she turned her back on Chaeyoung and was waiting for a taxi to pull over. "I'm going home"

 

 

Mina hailed a taxi but as she was about to go in, Chaeyoung held her wrist, stopping her.

 

 

"Mina, I told you I'm driving you home" before Mina could argue back, Chaeyoung already apologized to the driver and dragged Mina to her car. She opened the door for her but Mina stubbornly just stood there not moving, arms crossed. "Please, Mina. Get in the car"

 

 

Mina glared at Chaeyoung before she stomped her feet which caused her to stumble a little. Clearly, she's a bit tipsy but luckily Chaeyoung was there to catch her by the waist. It sent shivers and sparks of electricity to Mina that she did her very best to get inside the car as fast as she can.

 

 

On their way home, they're just both quiet because even if Mina wants to say something she just chose to stay silent while closing her eyes. Her head is aching and everything is just spinning, she feels like vomiting. And that's why she had to control it because she doesn't want another embarrassment to happen.

 

 

Chaeyoung parked outside the building and slightly shook Mina to wake her up. She groaned as she opened her eyes.

 

 

"What do you want?"

 

 

"We're already here. Let's go and please, sober up a little" Chaeyoung said as she helped Mina get down.

 

 

They were already inside the building but Chaeyoung doesn't know where their unit is. She had to get Sana's number and call her just so she could get Mina.

 

 

"I'll take it from here, Chaeyoung. Thank you for taking her home" Sana said as they entered the elevator.

 

 

"No problem and I apologize for making her drink" Chaeyoung looked at Mina who's eyes are half open, also looking at her. "Mina.. we'll talk tomorrow okay?"

 

 

And that's the reason why Chaeyoung is calling Mina non-stop. She groaned again for the nth time because it's not she doesn't want to talk to her ever again, it's just that.. Mina doesn't know how to explain to Chaeyoung why she's jealous.

 

 

Am I really gonna confess now?! I am so ing insane!

 

 

"Mina!" Sana shouted from the as she knocked. "Chaeyoung called me and she told me that you should answer her call"

 

 

"Tell her I'm still sleeping!"

 

 

"What?!" as expected, the door already flung open. "Be honest Mina, did she do something to you? Why are you avoiding her? The both of you are so suspicious since last night!"

 

 

Mina remover her blanket and sat up. "No! She didn't do anything to me. It's me.. I.. Ugh!"

 

 

"You're so weird. Really" Sana rolled her eyes at her and before she got out, she told Mina something that made Mina more nervous. "Whatever it is I suggest you start to move your up because Chaeyoung will be here in five minutes"

 

 

"What the hell?! Sana!" then the door shut close.

 

 

Even if Mina doesn't want to face Chaeyoung right now, she can't do anything, she just can't avoid her. So she took a quick shower and fixed herself, Mina doesn't want to look like a mess in front of Chaeyoung. As another knock was heard from her door, Mina grew more nervous. She took one last look on her mirror before opening her door.

 

 

"Hm. Good morning?"

 

 

"Chaeyoung..." Mina gulped as she inhaled that jasmine scent from Chaeyoung. The scent that always pulls her to get closer with Chaeyoung every time they're together. "What are you doing here?"

 

 

"Mina, are you still.. mad? It's Saturday, right? Come on, please.."

 

 

"Uh.. I'm.. sick. Yeah I'm so sick" she even cleared and dramatically put her hand over her neck.

 

 

"Really? Let me see"

 

 

Chaeyoung tried to move forward to check Mina's temperature herself but Mina stepped back, startled by Chaeyoung's sudden bold move. Her brows furrowed as she stared at Mina who's smiling awkwardly at her.

 

 

"You'll catch my fever so.. yeah.."

 

 

"Mina, I know you're just avoiding me" her voice sounded so sad that it breaks Mina's heart. "Please.. I'm going to cook the carbonara that I recently learned"

 

 

Sometimes Mina doesn't even know herself anymore specially when it comes to Chaeyoung. She doesn't know why she can never say no to that sweet and sad voice and why is she easily swayed by those pleading eyes. That explains why she's in Chaeyoung's condo again right now.

 

 

Mina is sitting on the counter top, watching over Chaeyoung who's struggling on cutting those mushrooms. She's afraid that Chaeyoung might cut her fingers anytime soon because she's cutting and reading the procedure at the same time.

 

 

"Chaeyoung just let me do it"

 

 

"No Mina" she quickly glanced at her before looking at her phone again. "Just sit there and watch"

 

 

As expected, Mina still lent a helping hand when Chaeyoung started cooking because she just can't sit there and watch her struggle. But still, Chaeyoung really did almost everything and her efforts are greatly acknowledged by Mina. It made her heart doubled its beating and melt for her.

 

 

"Go on, try it Mina" Chaeyoung excitedly said as soon as she put the food in front of Mina. She's like a kid waiting for a good response.

 

 

Mina can't help but to shake her head and smile. "I hope I won't end up in the hospital after this"

 

 

Then she took a bite, Mina's eyes widened because it tasted better that she expected. Although it's not that perfect but it still taste good for her.

 

 

"So..?"

 

 

"For a first timer, you're not that bad" Mina took another bite. "It's really good! I think your version of Carbonara is my favorite now"

 

 

"Really?! Let me taste it too"

 

 

Chaeyoung used Mina's fork and Mina watched her as she munched the Carbonara. She's nodding along with her chewing and she was so cute. Her nose also flares which Mina already knew what it meant, Chaeyoung liked the food.

 

 

"Wow.. I'm so proud of myself"

 

 

Mina laughed at her and finished eating the food Chaeyoung served her. She's almost finished when she noticed that Chaeyoung is staring at her intently. Almost fidgeting her hands.

 

 

"What? Is something wrong?"

 

 

Chaeyoung looks like she took a deep breath before she leaned it and wiped Mina's lips. Her thumb brushing on Mina's lips made Mina froze on her seat as she doesn't know what she's feeling in the pit of her stomach.

 

 

"This.." she said and wiped her thumb with a tissue. "Always a messy eater"

 

 

Mina saw how the living room is a mess again with all of Chaeyoung's school stuff laying around. As what she always do, she cleaned up all the crumpled papers and rearranged Chaeyoung's books. It's understandable how she's always studying now, their midterm exams are fast approaching.

 

 

"Sorry for the mess. I didn't have that much time to clean up"

 

 

"No, I should be the one saying sorry. I disturbed your study time"

 

 

As what their usual routine is, they watched a movie while cuddling on the sofa. It's always like that, the movi starts with them sitting far from each other and it'll end with them in each other's arms. They never talked about it, on what they're doing or on what they really are to each other. Maybe they're both scared, or Mina rather. She doesn't know if she's ready to know that the feelings are not mutual.

 

 

For now, I'm happy of what we have.

 

 

"I can't stay for the whole day, I already promised my friends that I'll nake it up to them" Mina said as Chaeyoung walked her to the elevator. "But don't miss me so much, I'm just one floor below"

 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled at her. "Alright, I won't. So don't miss me too"

 

 

I don't know. I already miss you. "You wish! Anyway, thank you for the carbonara. I hope to eat it again"

 

 

When Mina arrived at Momo's unit, Sana, Tzuyu, and Jihyo are already there. As much as she wanted to stay with Chaeyoung, she already made plans with them. Specially to Sana, because her friend is sulking at her for having not enough time on hanging out with them. They said that Mina is always just with Chaeyoung, well, which is partly true.

 

 

Since it's Saturday and it'll be their last time to enjoy before they focus on studying for exams, they decided to drink all night. They wanted to went to a bar but Mina refused, so her friends had no choice but to just drink at Momo's.

 

 

The night's going deeper, they all seemed to be drunk now. Mina wasn't even planning to drink a lot but of course, when all of them gang her up, she can't just say no. Sana is all over her, hugging her while dancing and their friends are also doing the same. Talking about getting wasted before their exams kill them.

 

 

They finished at almost one in the morning, they don't even had the strength to go to their respective rooms anymore and just lay there at the living room. Mina seemed to still have a thin string of being sobber and she walked out of the veranda holding her phone. Mina wanted to remind herself the next morning to never hold her phone when she's drunk because she's starting to have this habit of drunk calling Chaeyoung.

 

 

"Mina?" Chaeyoung's groggy voice welcomed her. A sign that she woke her up.

 

 

"Hi!" Mina giggled. "Where are you?"

 

 

"Mina it's one in the morning so of course I'm in my unit, sleeping" she sounded like she's nagging. "Are you drunk?"

 

 

"What? Of course, no!"

 

 

"Yes. You're drunk"

 

 

"Can I come over, Chaeyoung?"

 

 

Even it's already really late plus Mina being drunk, Chaeyoung still didn't say no. She even insisted to pick Mina up from Momo's unit but Mina confidently said that she cam go on her own. Gladly, she really did and now she's standing in front of Chaeyoung's door.

 

 

"You're so stubborn" Chaeyoung said as soon as she opened the door for her. Mina just giggled as she stumbled on her way inside.

 

 

Alcohol has really this thing that makes Mina so brave that she didn't even think twice and goes straight to Chaeyoung's bedroom. She sat on her bed lowering her head as she felt dizzy from all those walking.

 

 

"Are you okay? I'll get you some water"

 

 

"Chaeyoung..." she called out which made Chaeyoung stop from leaving. "Aren't you going to ask me? About.. about last night?"

 

 

Chaeyoung stared at her and heaved a deep sigh. "I wanted to but if that's making you uncomfortable, I won't"

 

 

"It's okay. Go on, ask me why I'm.. jealous"

 

 

"Mina, uh.." she cleared . "Okay. Then... why did you get jealous?"

 

 

Mina stood up so that she could face Chaeyoung. She almost fell if Chaeyoung didn't held her arm. She smiled at her, her cheeks are red because of being too much drunk.

 

 

"It's because.. because..."

 

 

Chaeyoung held Mina's arm tighter. "Mina just don't say-"

 

 

"I like you, Chaeyoung"

 

 

The room is just lit by the lamp on Chaeyoung's bedside table. It's quite dim so Mina didn't saw what Chaeyoung's reaction really is. But her being quiet is enough to make Mina nervous. Even if she's drunk, she knows what she's saying. There's a moment of silence, an awkward silence to be exact. Until Chaeyoung moved and made Mina sat down again.

 

 

"You're drunk, I'll get you water"

 

 

Mina was left there staring at the floor. Everything is turning around and she's getting more dizzy, she wanted to sleep. But it didn't change the fact that it hurted her because Chaeyoung didn't say anything.

 

 

"Drink this" Mina did as what she's told.

 

 

"Can I sleep here?"

 

 

"Well, yeah. Sure" Then Chaeyoung helped her as she lie down on the bed. She even covered Mina with the blanket.

 

 

"If you need me, I'm just at living room"

 

 

Chaeyoung was about to go out but Mina held her wrist, stopping her. She turned to look at Mina who's her dry lips. Nervous.

 

 

"Chaeyoung.. sleep beside me. Please.."

 

 

And for the first time after almost two months of knowing and hanging out with each other..

 

 

They spent that night laying beside each other. With Mina using Chaeyoung's arms as her pillow, hugging her.