Chapter 2 - Moving In

In Your Arms

After I reached my penthouse, I directly took a shower and then called my Mom. Tomorrow she would come back from the business trip with my Dad and I just wanted to talk with my Mom, especially about Mina.

So, my Mom agreed to talk with me at Mina’s workplace without her knowing it. I planned to ask some help from my Mom.

Tomorrow morning

5.30 a.m. my alarm rang, and I turned it off right away. I took a moment before I woke up, thinking about my plan for Mina. Will she feel humiliated? Or maybe she will feel happy about it? I brushed it away at first, then took a bath. I would know the answer later.

I arrived at school at 6.30 a.m. and headed to my office directly. I checked all the notes and things to do for today. Then, I walked to my classroom at the 3rd floor. There west just still some students in the class and we greeted each other. I sat at the middle part of the class, not wanting to get all the attention from my teachers and friends.

Jeong and Ji came right after and sat next to me. We talked for a while before the class started. We had English and Chemistry in the morning and it was lunch time already.

We went to the cafeteria and ate our lunch, before we did our duty to check the school’s areas. I had bibimbap while Jeong and Ji chose ramyeon. While eating, my eyes were roaming the cafeteria, looking for that certain figure that clouded my mind since last night, but I could not find her. I sighed.

“What happen, Nay? Are you thinking about something?” Ji asked me, knowing that I was a little bit quiet today.

“Yeah, are you sick, Nabong?” Jeong added while touching my forehead. “Where is my bubbly and loud Im Nayeon?” she laughed.

“Nothing, guys, just a little bit tired from yesterday,” I lied. “Okay, I am done with my lunch, I am going to check on classes first. See ya later.”

“Take care, Nay,” Ji reminded me and I smiled.

I went to the vending machine and bought a watermelon juice for that certain someone. I went to her class on the 1st floor and I was correct. She was eating at the classroom, maybe to avoid problem like yesterday.

“Hi!” I greeted her.

She choked a little bit, “Oh hi, Nayeon-ssi,,,, what brings you here?”

“Hey, drop the formality, just call me eonni, Minari..” I said

That nick name again. That wakes my butterflies in my tummy.

“Here, I bring you a watermelon juice,,, you like it, right?” I put down the juice box and sat in front of her.

“Thank you so much, eonnie, why am I always bother you?” she said blushing.

“Mina….” I called her name.

She looked me in the eyes and waited for my next words.

Geez,,,,her voice and stare,,, I have to remain cool and unaffected.

“Yes, eonnie… what happen?” she asked.

“Can I visit your workplace later? If you don’t mind though..” I asked.

She chuckled and laughed. Her soothing laugh that I liked, “Of course, eonnie, you can visit any time. I just work there, it is not my own. Oh I will treat you, too, since you helped me yesterday.”

“Mina… don’t ever feel burdened by my kindness, that is what we should do, right? Helping our friends..” I said.

“So… I – I am your friend?” she reluctantly asked.

I laughed at her, “Yes, Minariii, you are my friend and I like to help my friend.”

I am her friend already. Hopefully, it will grow more than that. I wish.

“Thank you, eonnie…” she blushed again.

The school bell’s rang and I went back to my class.

“See ya around, Minari,” I waved at her. She just replied with a smile, her gummy smile that melted my heart a bit.

 

 

 

 

After school time

The clock hit 4 p.m. and I packed up my things together with Jihyo and Jeong. We headed out of school and parted. Jeong went home directly, while Ji needed to attend her vocal course as she loves singing so much. I hugged them both before I went to Mina’s workplace.

I texted my Mom to tell her the coffee shop’s name and location. She would be there in 20 minutes. I arrived first and ordered the coffee from the shy shy barista.

Finally, she arrived. I am waiting for you, Nayeonnie..

Mina greeted with her formality, “Welcome, Ms..what do you want to order?”

We both chuckled at the funny situation.

“Hmm.. I would like to order a cold americano and one hot cappuccino, please..” I said

Why did she order 2 cups? Whose is it for? Her boyfriend maybe?

I saw Mina’s forehead wrinkled and I directly explain, “That hot one is for my Mom, she will be coming soon,”

Mina mouthed an O and she looked relieved. This girl, so cute. Then I took the corner side to sit and waited for my Mom. I could see the street in front and then there was a tap on my shoulder. My Mom arrived and I engulfed her with my both arms. I missed her so much. It has been 3 weeks since her last business trip. Then, we had to break the hug when I heard Mina’s voice.

“Excuse me, Ms,,, here are your orders,” her angelic voice ran through my ears.

“Oh, thank you, Minari,,, by the way, Minari, this is my Mom.. and Mom, this is my new friend, Mina,” Mina bowed to my Mom politely.

“Welcome, Mrs. Im, hopefully you enjoyed your time with your lovely daughter,” Mina said and my Mom smiled.

“Thank you, dear. What a diligent girl you are, working as a part timer at this coffee shop. Not like my daughter here who likes to sleep,” my Mom teased me and I pouted.

She is so cute with that pout. Her heart shape lips and she acted like a child.

“Mooommm…. Not in front of my new friend,” I nagged on my Mom childishly.

Mina laughed seeing my action with my Mom and she said, “Alright, eonnie, enjoy your time.”

“Yes, of course, Minari..” I told her and sat down on the comfy chair again.

How nice seeing Nayeonnie interacts with her Mom. I wish I knew that feeling. I really miss someone’s warmth and love. Nayeonnie, is it possible that you give me that feeling that I long for?

I told my Mom about what happen to Mina and I wanted to help her. My Mom listened to my story carefully and after she sees Mina today, she knows that Mina is a kind girl and she knows that I might like her.

“So, what do you have in mind, my daughter?” my Mom asked.

“I don’t know, Mom, anything that can help her, so that she does not have to work here anymore and that scary debt collector will not disturb her anymore,” I desperately said.

“Have you told her about your plan? Will she feel okay with it?” my Mom concerned. “This is a big thing for her, sweetheart, you have to make sure from her side first. Mommy will support whatever your decision is.”

“Really, Mom? You really will make my wish come true? Even if I ask you to adopt her so that she will not live at the orphanage anymore?” my eyes were teary but full of hope and joy.

“Yes, dear, I believe you Dad will be delighted, too,,,seeing how mature you are now,” My mom smiled.

“Mom, how about that issue about me? About my preference in love? Is Dad over it already? I don’t want to make your live miserable, Mom..” I sadly asked my Mom.

“About that, we already talked and you know what, Dad is now okay with it, as long as you got the good girlfriend,” I could not believe what I heard. Suddenly I was feeling a little bit sad, remembering about my relationship with Sana back then. But I think I have to move on, since I have found Mina. But don’t get me wrong. I helped her because I really care about her, not about wanting to start a new relationship with her.

With glistening eyes, I hugged my Mom again, “Thank you, Mom.. Thank you so much for understanding me. I promise I will not let you and Dad down.”

“Is the barista your new girl?” my mom asked but I covered fast, afraid that Mina would hear it.

“Mooomm… you make my shy.. I don’t know, Mom, we just know each other. I don’t know whether I will have another deeper feeling with her. Maybe she is a straight one. I don’t know,” I explained.

“I wish you all the best, dear. Go and tell her your plan soon, okay, before I have to go to another business trip with your Dad,” my Mom kissed my forehead.

Then, her car picked her up again and we parted. My Mom stayed at the hotel with my Dad. He is still having a meeting with the other rich people in Korea.

I stayed at the coffee shop, waiting for Mina to finish her shift. She came and offered another cup of coffee.

“Eonnie, do you want to add another cup of coffee? It is my treat, remember?” she offered.

Yawning, I replied her, “It is okay, Mina, maybe just a glass of cold water,,, by the way, can I talk to you later while accompanying you back to the orphanage?”

What will she talk about? It is a sudden thing for me.

“Is there any serious thing, eonnie?” she looked worried.

“Oh, no, Mina… I just want to ask some questions after you shift is done,” I calmed her.

“Okay, eonnie, my shift will be ending in 30 minutes,” she smiled and returned back to the barista area.

It was 8 p.m. and Mina was done with her shift and close the coffee shop. We walked side by side again and I was quite nervous asking her opinion about my plan. I think she was nervous, too, as she kept on glancing to me.

“So, what is it, eonnie? What do you want to talk about?” she asked.

“Minari, do you mind if I help you again?” I asked checking on her facial expression.

My heart was flattered hearing that Nayeonnie offered her help. I really wanted to hug her to show my gratitude, but I don’t know how. I never initiate skin ship in my entire life.

She bit her lips and said, “Help me about what, eonnie?”

I stopped walking and she was too. I faced her and collected my nerves, “Do you want to live with me? As-as my sister?”

opened wide, so shocked hearing my question. She blinked several times, not believing words that come out of my mouth.

“I don’t force you, Mina, I just want to offer you a better home. I am an only child and I often feel lonely. I wonder how about you who live alone and need to work to pay for your Dad’s debt,” I explained carefully not wanting to hurt Mina’s pride.

She was still not reacting, so I continued, “You can think about it first, Mina, it is okay if you decide not to accept it.”

Suddenly she sobbed and made me panic. Was it too scary to ask her to live with me?

“Oh, Minari, don’t cry, I don’t like seeing you cry, I don’t want to make you sad. Okay, okay, just forget what I said before. Now stop crying, okay,” I was confused how to handle her since I know about her skin ship problem. So, I just stood there and waited until she was calm.

Finally, she said something, “I am so sorry, eonnie, I didn’t mean to make you panic. It is a very kind of you and I feel so happy about it.. but do you really think about it carefully, eonnie? You don’t know me, yet.”

“Really, Mina? You are not angry with my plan?” she just turned her head left and right.

“I know that we don’t know each other that well, but I guess you are not a killer, right?” I joked a little bit to brighten up the mood.

She smiled, “No, eonnie, I am no harm at all.”

“So, you agree with my plan?” my eyes were full of hope and I did not realize myself as I held her hands on mine, feeling too excited.

“Ye-yes, eonnie, thank you so much,” she was looking at our intertwined hands and I knew I had to let it go.

“Oh, sorry, Mina, I was just too excited,” I retracted my hands.

Nayeonnie held my hands. She wanted to be my sister and we are going to live together. Seeing her every single day and spend time with her. Am I dreaming? I had to tell her about my skin ship problem sooner. So she won’t feel awkward anymore. I also wanted to be healed from this feeling. It is not a wrong thing to be loved by others. It is normal for some skin ship among girls.

“It is okay, eonnie, I know I am in good hands,” she smiled her gummy smile.

“Okay, let’s talk with the head of your orphanage soon,” I said continuing our journey.

So, that night, I took care of all letters needed to be signed to adopt Mina as my sister. Luckily, that orphanage made everything worked easily as for Mina was a new person at that place and already mature enough to make her decision. While Mina packed up all her stuff to be moved to my penthouse. She did not have lots of things, though. I called my driver to pick us up.

 

At my penthouse…

We arrived at 9 p.m. and I gave Mina my spare key card to enter the penthouse. She looked around the fanciness of the place and I thought it was so cute of her. I pressed the elevator button to the 70th floor, the highest floor in the building and there is only one unit, which is my penthouse.

“Wowwwww, eonnie… you live in a place like this by yourself?” she admired my penthouse already.

“Yes, Minari… that is why I told you that I often feel alone in this big penthouse. My parents are always having business trip and I have no one to accompany me,” I pouted at her.

Suddenly, she tapped my shoulder lightly. Her first attempt to start the skin ship and I jolted a little bit.

“It is okay, eonnie, from now on you will not feel lonely anymore,” she smiled genuinely.

“Thank you, Minari… Can I hug you?” I replied.

Suddenly my heart drummed so fast and my eyes are wide open. I just nodded slightly.

I hugged her again, but this time she was calmer and more relaxed. She reciprocated my embrace. We stayed like that for several seconds.

I embraced her warmth. It was a funny feeling, yet I felt so loved. I could feel her s pressed upon mine and I could even smell her shampoo. It was soooo good and I did not want to let go.

We let go of our hugs and I said, “Thank you, Mina,,,, and you have to be ready to face my clinginess, Minari,,,,” she blushed so hard after hearing my words. “Mina,,,, you are so red…” I .

She hit my arms lightly while covered her face, “Eonnie, don’t tease me,,, I am still learning, you know..”

“Learning for me, right? Promise it is only for me, Minariii,” I demanded.

She got more blushed by my flirting words, “Eoooniiiee…”

“Hahahahha… okay, okay… I will stop teasing you for today… Come follow me to your room,” I gave her a short penthouse tour.

“Here is your room, I already asked my maid to clean it before, hope you like it, Mina…” I showed her the room and I saw her eyes were teary.

“Eonnie… it is more than enough. I never have a proper bedroom in my entire life..you give me the best, eonnie,” she cried happily.

I wrapped my arms around her and tapped her shoulders, “Enjoy it, Minari… it is your time to be happy.” She nodded.

“My room is next to you, so if you need anything, just knock on my door, okay.. I will leave you so that you can take a bath and rest.” I left her and took a bath also.

After around one hour, I got out of my room. I forgot to tell Mina that she can use all stuff in this penthouse, and I wanted to give her a warm milk before going to sleep. So, I knocked on her room…

“Mina… are you still awake?” I called her.

“Yes, eonnie, wait for a while,” she came out from the room, wearing her cute penguin pajamas. She was so cute, but I kept it inside my mind.

“Here, Mina, your warm milk, make sure you finish it, okay… and you can use all the stuff in this penthouse, okay.. just want to remind you that this is you house, too now,” I handed her the milk.

“Oh, eonnie, it is a very nice of you, thank you, eonnie…” she said.

“Okay, that’s all I want to say.. have a good night sleep at your new home, Minari..” I said that to her but I did not move from my spot.

“Yes, eonnie…anything else?” she asked.

“Hmm.. I am just wondering… do you need me to cuddle you?” I smirked at her…

This eonnie really flirts with me. I blushed so hard.

She slapped my arms and closed the door with blushed face, “Eonniiee, stooopp it..”

I laughed out loud looking at her reaction. “See you tomorrow morning, Minari, sweet dreams..”

“You too, eonnie,” she replied from behind the door.

I went to my room and plopped my body to my fluffy bed and drifted to sleep. While Mina at the next room was still thinking about all this. How come all these things happen in her life.

In just two days, my life turns like a roller coaster. I just can be grateful that I met a kind girl like Nayeon eonnie, not just kind, but she is also caring and hot at the same time. She is truly unique, and I can feel comfortable around her. The feeling that I have not felt before. I will try to be a good sister for her, I don’t want to put up my hope to be her special person or whatsoever. I will take it slowly. I don’t know her at all, other than she is just so rich, kind and smart. I slowly closed my eyes and slept.