Chapter 15 - Will you?

In Your Arms

Mina would be graduated from high school in 3 months, so that was our third year in a relationship, and were definitely happy.

On Friday night, I was still on my laptop trying to finish an important project form the lecturer. Mina sat beside me, accompanying me patiently. Of course, she was busy with her new Switch game that I bought for her last. It was Miitopia, kind of an adventure game with cute avatars.

“Mina, are you free tomorrow?” I asked.

“Yupp, eonnie, I finished my work this afternoon, so tomorrow I can enjoy my weekend with you,” she smiled showing her gummy magic.

“Do you want to go with me?” I asked again.

“Why do you ask? I will surely go with you,” she replied and gave a me a quick kiss on my cheek.

“Aigoo,” I patted her head, “Good then, we will go after breakfast, okay,” I said.

“By the way, where will we go? Is it a new place?” she asked.

“Yes, you’ve never been there before,” I smiled.

“You make me curious, baby,” she paused the game and held my arm, “Tell me, baby,,”

“It won’t be a surprise if I tell you now, honey,” I pinched her nose gently.

We both laughed and continued our business again. After another hour she played the game, she yawned and stretched her body.

“Hey, baby, you can go sleep first if you are tired,” I said, her hair. “I will be done in 30 minutes,” I assured her.

“Oh, it is okay, eonnie,, it’s not a problem for me, I like accompanying you,” my princess said.

“Alright, just sleep here if you can’t hold your eyes any longer, later I will wake you up,” I said.

Then I continued working on my assignment and Mina scrolled on her phone. She listened to Twice songs, our favourite girl group, and her head was leaning on my shoulder. I like it when she leaned on me, felt like her live was tied to me, that she needed me to support her.

I felt she rested her hand on my waist, circling on my weak spot.

“It is ticklish, baby,” I chuckled.

“So you will finish your work faster, eonnie,” she reasoned cutely.

“It will make me finish longer,” I kept on laughing cause she gave light tickles on my tummy.

I caught her hand and said, “Okay, I promised 5 more minutes and I am done.”

“Deal,” she stopped tickling me.

In the next 5 minutes, I turned off my laptop and I fulfil my promise. I tidied up everything and ready for bed.

“C’mon, let’s go to bed, baby,” I stood up and offer my hand to her.

She pouted, “You have to be responsible, I am too tired to walk to our room.”

“Aiiishh,,, what a baby,,,”  I stopped walking and turned my body to see her aegyo face.

I squatted down in front of her, “Hop on my back, princess,,” she grinned widely cause she won the argument.

She hopped on and I secured her thighs with my arms. That was the first time I piggy backed her. I was smiling and enjoying the moment.

“Am I heavy, Yeon baby,,?” she asked.

“Yaaa..what kind of name is that?” she laughed. “Even if you are heavy, I will still carry you and never let go..” she tightened her hug around my neck.

I put her down on the bed, but she did not let go her hands around my neck. Mina kneeled on the bed, still back hugging me.

“Love you, eonnie,” she kissed my cheek.

I gave kisses on her hands that circled my neck, “Love you more, Myoui,” I turned my head to see her pretty face. “I fall for you deeper and deeper every day,” I hold her nape and kissed her lips as gentle as I could.

She kissed me back and we deepened our kiss. I pushed her back slowly until we laid down comfortably. I smiled between the kisses, “My Minari.”

I broke the kiss, just to admire her ethereal beauty that I admit, she is prettier than me in every way. I tucked some strand of her hair, “Thank you for loving me, Mina,” and I kissed her forehead.

My heart flutters by her sweet words. I feel very special. Nayeonnie treats me with such care and love.

“Eonniieee,,,” she whined.

“Waaaeee,,??”

“You make me blush…” she slapped my arm softly. “I am the one who is supposed to say thank you for loving me,,, I am no one, eonnie,” she pouted.

“You were no one, but my heart chose that no one, become the only one for me, and I promise that you will always be my special one,” I sincerely said that.

She pulled the hem of my pyjamas and kissed me again. It was slow, with her soft gestures, we just enjoyed every bit of the moment. We still had so much time, so we did not rush things.

Once we needed air, we stopped kissing, both of us smiled shyly.

“Night, Minari, sleep tight,” I sent her air kisses.

“Good night, eonnie,,, saranghae,,” her crescent eyes showed how happy she was.

Then, we slept in each other arms.

 

The next morning

My alarm rang. It was 7 in the morning. I turned it off and I spent several minutes to appreciate God’s creation who still slept in my arms.

I smiled and rubbed her cheeks to wake her up. She opened her eyes slightly and rubbed them. “Morning, eonnie,,”

“Morning, sunshine… sleep well?” she nodded.

I kissed her forehead and got up to open the curtain. I laid back on my bed to cuddle her for a while. Since it was weekend, so we were not in a rush.

“What do you want to do today, princess?” I asked.

“Hmmm.. I have no idea, eonnie,, anything is fine with me… how about we go to the ice cream shop?” she suggested.

“Ice cream? That sounds good. We can buy some and store it at home, too, for our movie time,” I said.

“Yes, that will be great, eonnie..” she chuckled.

“Alright, we will go to the ice cream shop after we are done visiting the place this morning, okay,” I explained, and she just gave me an okay sign.

 

That morning, we took a shower and be ready to go to my scheduled destination. We stopped at a coffee shop to buy some croissant and two cups of hot americano.

It took an hour drive to reach the destination. When we arrived, as usual, I got out first and opened the door for Mina. I offered my hand and she reciprocated it.

We arrive at a place with a red gate with Japanese style. There is a medium size house in the middle. Everything in Japanese design, there is a beautiful zen garden, koi fishpond, and typical garden.

“Wow, what is this place, eonnie? It is so pretty,” she said.

“I will tell you later, let’s walk first,” I hold her hand and we walked around the house.

“This is one of our family houses, Mina… you can say that it is like a cottage but for different purpose, not for spending holiday.” I explained.

“Then, what is it for, eonnie?” she was curious.

“For keeping memories, Minari,” I gently smiled, but she still seemed confused.

 

There were so many trees in the big garden. While we were walking through it, I told Mina, “Those are my grandparents, Mina,” then we stopped for a while.

She gasped and put her hands in front of , “Omo, eonnie, I have just known about this kind of funeral, eonnie.”

“Yes, it is quite new that people bury their loved ones under trees, like they get connected again with the nature,” I said.

“Hmm.. that is true, though,” she nodded.

We continued to walk further and finally reached at the end of the garden area. We stopped at a certain tree, with a yellow ribbon on the tree branch and a picture hanging.

“This is it, Minari,,, we arrived,” I pointed at the tree in front of us.

“Sana eonnieee!!” she shouted a little bit because she was shocked.

“Yes, Mina…here lies Sana, my ex,” I dropped down on my knees and she followed.

I picked some flowers around the tree and arranged them under the tree.

She hugged my shoulders, afraid that I would cry. “I am okay, Minari, I will not cry anymore,” I let out a small sigh. I did feel sad, but I promised that I would not shed tears anymore.

“Hi, Sana-chan… How are you? Hope that your are doing well up there. Today I bring Mina with me. I want to officially introduce her to you. She is also a Japanese like you. I chuckled at myself. I met her three years ago, and since then, I started to recover, Sana, both physically and mentally. She takes care of me so well, so you don’t have to worry. I love her so much and I want your blessing for our relationship.” I talked to Sana and then looked up the tree. I could see that Sana was smiling from above. She gave me the blessing.

Mina on the other hand, I found her sobbed, this soft hearted girl of mine. I rubbed her back and whispered, “Do not cry, baby… it is okay.”

Then suddenly Mina talked to Sana, “Hi, Sana eonnie,, I am Mina,, First of all , I feel so sorry that you have to leave this earth so fast though I do not know what happen to you. I am sorry that you cannot be with Nayeonnie anymore. I sobbed harder. I can see that both of you love each other so much. I just want to say that I love Nayeonnie so much and I promise to take care of her for the rest of my life. Please bless our relationship.” I hugged my Minari more to calm her down.

“Sshhh…sshh…stop crying, Minari… you will make me cry, too, baby,” I brushed her hair.

“I am so sad, eonnie.. I feel like I steal you from Sana eonnie,” she sobbed.

“Aniyoooo… you don’t steal me from her.. It is already our destiny.. Don’t think like that, okay,,,, I believe Sana thinks the same like me.. It is not your fault at all,, Okay, baby,” I assured her.

“Okay, eonnie,” she hold on to me tighter and I just waited until she calm down.

“Are you okay, now?” I lifted up her chin and wiped the rest of her tears away. I kissed her forehead, “I love you, Minari,,, never doubt that,” I said.

“I feel relieved now, we have visited Sana today and ask for her blessing,” I grinned and she smiled too. Not feeling terrible anymore.

I stood up and helped Mina. We bowed together in front of the tree. I touched the picture to see Sana’s face, “Rest in peace, Sana chan, be happy up there,” I hugged the tree and prayed for her.

“We leave first, Sana,, Next time we will come here again,” I said and waved goodbye,,, Mina did the same.

“Let’s go, Minarii,” I grabbed her hand and we stayed for a while at the middle house.

My servants served some hot tea and snacks. We sat down by the zen garden and just relax enjoying the serene atmosphere.

“Do you like it here, Mina?” I asked.

“Yes, eonnie,,, it reminds me of Japan a little bit with all the decoration,” she sipped the hot tea elegantly.

“So, around four years ago, I had this relationship with Sana,” I started to tell the complete story to Mina.

“She was just no one like you, she was not coming from a rich family and she worked at a flower shop. We both fell in love and she spent time at my house, before I moved to the penthouse. Both mom and dad liked her, too, as my friend. They did not know that we were dating. Until one day, when we could not control ourselves, we were kissing in my room, and suddenly Dad barged in and he was so shocked. He was so angry and shouted at her, asking her to leave the house and cut the relationship right away, cause he did not accept same love at that time. Sana ran out of the room, and I chased her. Dad blocked my way, and I struggled for some time, but I managed to get away and chased Sana. I could see that she was crying. I asked her to stop running but she did not listen. She ran so fast until a big truck was about to crash her. I speed up to catch her. I was in time, but that truck crashed both of us. We were both flying in the air and bumped our bodies to the car in front of the truck then to the hard road. I saw blood everywhere, I tried to reach her out, tried to hold her hand, but then I passed out. I woke up in the hospital with Mom crying beside me and Dad was just sitting there. I broke some ribs cause some sharp parts of the truck stuck in my body, those scars that you see. Where is Sana? How is Sana? Those were my first questions. Mom just shook her head and cried more, she hold my hands and said sorry. I could not believe that I lost her. She did not survive and left me alone. Shortly, I was so depressed and needed to see a psychiatrist. Luckily, there were still Jeongyeon and Jihyo who helped me through my hard days. After that, Mom tried to change Dad’s perspective about same love and accept the way I am. That is why he accept you, Mina. He does not want to repeat the same mistake again and does not want to see me in great despair anymore,” I finished my story.

Mina was just agape listening to my story, she wiped her own tears.

I reached her hand, “Now, I have you, Mina, thank you for helping me healed.”

She squeezed my hand harder, “Thank you for sharing the story, eonnie, you are a strong lady indeed, I love you more.”

I smiled at her, “Saranghae, Myoui.” I moved to her side and kneeled on my knee, “Will you marry me, Mina?” I took out a box and opened it in front of her.

She was touched by my sudden proposal, tears coming out from her eyes.

“Yes, Im Nayeon, I am definitely going to be your bride,” she exploded with happiness.

I smiled from ear to ear, and took out the silver necklace, “May I?”

She nodded and lifted her hair so I can put on the necklace. I fixed the position of the pendant so it would be at the middle. She touched the pendant, “It is so beautiful, eonnie,,,, MN? Our initial name?” I nodded laughing.

“Am I too cheesy?” I laughed but she shook her head.

“I like it, eonnie,, it represents us,,,thank you, eonnie,” she sealed our lips passionately.

“Glad if you like it, princess,” I kissed her one more time.

It was almost lunch time, then we head back to our penthouse. But in our way home, we stopped at the ice cream shop as I promised in the morning. We bought two pint of ice cream, the chocolate mint for Mina, while I chose the strawberry cheese flavour. After that, we stopped at fast food restaurant and bought two chicken katsu curry set. We planned to eat at home instead.

After we arrived at the penthouse, we freshen ourselves first. We took a shower and changed to comfortable clothes.

I sat down on the couch and the movie that we wanted to watch. I chose Crash Landing on You, while Mina was preparing our lunch.

She handed the bento box to me and we ate together at the living room. It was such a nice afternoon we spent together. Eating comfort food and watched a romantic series together. We did not forget to enjoy our ice cream as dessert.

 

At night

Mina’s POV

I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth before sleeping. I saw my reflection in the mirror and smiled. I touched again the pendant and looked at it closely. Aside from it was our initial name, other thing that I noticed was it was made of tiny beads of sparkling diamonds. It must be expensive and so pretty.

Today was a special day for our relationship. Eonnie revealed her story with Sana eonnie and I was so touched by the story. How strong their love, yet they could not be together. But at the same time, I was grateful that I can be with Nayeonnie now. We could share our love together and it was not just a usual kind of relationship. We grew together, healed each other and loved sincerely. I really thank the universe for creating my destiny like this and prayed that I could be together forever with Nayeonnie, built a family and lived happily.

After certain train of thoughts, I brushed my teeth and went out to join Nayeonnie in bed.

She was still reading a book by the time I came out. She was wearing glasses and she was such a cute dork. I approached her, and she closed her book and put it aside.

“What took you so long, baby?” she asked.

“Ooww, I was just thinking back then,” I answered.

“What were you thinking about?” she was curious.

“Thinking about this,” I pointed out at the pendant, “Thinking about how I love you so much, Nayeonnie,” I claimed her soft plump lips.

She tilted her head so we could deepen our kiss. Her tongue explored mine and we battled for dominance. She hold my waist securely and my hands circled her nape.

“Good night, eonnie,” I said between kisses.

She smiled and replied, “Night, princess,” we broke the kiss and attached our forehead, “Till forever, Minari,” I nodded and smiled.

We laid down comfortably, but that night I did not want eonnie to hug me. Instead, I turned her body so that I can back hugged her. I caged her in my arms. I wanted to make her feel saved and loved.

“Just for tonight, eonnie,,, let me hug you like this,” I asked.

She held my hands that laid on her tummy, “Thank you, Minayaahh…Saranghaee,” she said lovingly.

“Saranghaeee, Nayeonniee,” I kissed her head and we drifted to sleep.

I was drunk in you. I was drunk in you.