Chapter 5 - Sweet Sunday

In Your Arms

It was 7 in the morning. My maids were not coming every Sunday because I gave them one day to rest. I slowly opened my eyes, enjoying my Sunday morning in bed. I was thinking what to do for that day. Things to do with Mina. I smiled thinking about her.

I got up from my bed, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I went out from my room and brewed some coffee. Mina was not up yet, so I just let her slept for some more time. I toasted some bread and ate it while watching TV.

In 30 minutes, Mina came out from her room, and greeted her, “Morning, Minayaaah…”

“Morning, Eonnie,,” she said. “Sorry I woke up late.”

“No worries, dear, I made some coffee and toasted bread, come here and have the breakfast with me,” I told her.

We talked about random things, getting to know each other a little bit more. In my mind at that time, I purely just wanted to help Mina, since she was alone in this world, and it happened that I could help her with my wealth and also my presence. Maybe she could help me healed, too, so I could move on from Sana.

(My phone rang) “Hellooo, BFF, what’s up?” it was Jeongyeon who called me.

“Have time to hang out this afternoon? Bring Mina too…” she asked.

“Yes, of course,, it has been a while since I hang out with you and Ji,” I said.

“Alright, at our usual place 12 o’clock, okay,,, bye,,” she hung up.

“Okay, see ya..” I hung up too.

“What is it, eonnie?” Mina asked.

“Oh, Jeongyeon and Jihyo asked us to hang out this afternoon,, do you wanna come? I will also bring you to my favourite place..” I asked.

“It is fine with me, as long as there is you,” she blushed a little bit.

I laughed, “So cute, Minayaaah…”

We spent that morning watching 2 more episodes of Alice in Borderland, with a normal position..hahahaha…though sometimes I still screamed and hid my face behind her shoulders.

It was 11.30 a.m. already, and I asked Mina to change clothes and be ready to go. I decided to wear skinny jeans, white T-shirt and a black jacket. I brought another spare jacket for Mina. Mina decided to wear skinny jeans and blue stripes casual shirt. When we were still at the living room, I gave Mina the jacket.

“Minaa.. here, wear this. It is windy outside,” I handed the jacket.

“But we are going to go by car, right, eonnie?” she said.

“Oh, all maids and driver are off every Sunday, Mina..so we are going to use something else,” I explained.

“Eonniee…hmm..” she hesitant to say.

“Yes, Mina,, you look concern…” I said.

“How to say this… hmm… do you have a scarf or something to – to cover that?” her eyes pointed to my chest.

I looked down to check and I was just wearing a V-neck shirt and a bit of my cleavage was exposed.

“Aahh, it is okay, Minayaaah… I use to wear this kind of T-shirt,” I replied.

“But..but I don’t like it, eonnie… I mean I don’t like people will stare at you – at your bb..” she could not finish it and blushed so hard.

“Omooo,, what a concern sister I have her, thank you, Minayaah… what if I just zip my jacket, then..” I suggested and she nodded.

“Can you help me?” I .

“Wh-what?” she was surprised.

“Yes, Mina, I am not good at zipping things,,,and this is your request, right, so help me, then…” I was holding my laugh because Mina was so cute when she was panic inside her mind.

“O-okay, eonnie,” she agreed.

It was indeed a little bit hard to zip the jacket, maybe because I never zipped it, so it was easily stuck.

Oh my goodness, why on earth I am trapped with my own idea. I just want her to cover her body so that others will not stare inappropriately. I like to stare at them, but I will be selfish if I do that. I just want to protect my eonnie and she is mine only.

“There you go, it is done, eonnie,” she said.

“Thank you, Minayaaah….let’s go then, before we are too late,” we walked out from the penthouse.

We got in the elevator and I pressed basement floor.

“Why are we going to the basement, eonnie?” she asked.

“I will show you later,” I smiled.

We were at the basement and I led the way to the motorcycle parking section. We stopped in front of my pink scooter.

She has a scooter? She can drive it? So we are going to go there with this scooter? Romantic!

“It is yours? You can drive it? Why don’t you use this to go to school?” she rambled.

“One by one, Mina…” I laughed. “I will tell you later, now take this helmet and jacket, put it on,” I gave her the helmet and I also put it on.

I started the scooter and waited for Mina to hop on.

“Come on, I am a good at it, do not worry,” I assured her.

She hopped on and seemed not sure about it.

“Your hands, Mina..” I reminded her.

“What? What about my hands?” she panicked.

“Hold on to me, so you will be safe..” I said.

Then she just grabbed the end of my jacket. I chuckled and moved her hands on my waist.

“Here, Minayaaah,,, I will not bite, right,,,, okay, now we are ready,” I .

I back hugged her again. I don’t know is it because this is my first riding a motorbike or it is my lucky day that I can hug her. I can be this close to her. I hide my face behind her back, feel her warmth.

“So, Minayaaah, I don’t use this motorbike to school because Mom insists to use the car, just to be safer. And today I feel like to ride this bike with you. I haven’t done this for a while.” I explained and I felt that she just nodded behind my back. She hugged me quite tight, maybe she was afraid.

Then we arrived at Jeong’s favourite place to hang out. I parked the scooter, and said, “We are here, Minayaaah..”

She released the hug and when I saw her face, she was blushing so hard, but I just pretend not to notice it.

“Oh yes, eonnie, here is the helmet,” she gave it to me and I put it in the storage.

We entered the hut and saw Jeongyeon and Jihyo there, ready with all the meat, vegetables, and drinks. They waved at us.

“Finally….you arrived,” Ji said and pointed at the seats in front of her.

“Sorry, we are late, I ride my motorbike and I could not speed up because I am having a princess,” I explained and Mina elbowed me.

“Mian hae, Jeongyeon and Jihyo eonnie,” Mina apologized.

“Aaahh, it is okay, Minaaa… we are just joking,” Jeong said. “By the way, your eonnie right here will not let anybody else ride on her bike, unless that person is a special one,” she continued teasing.

“Yaaa… of course Mina is special, she is my sister…pabo yah…” I defended Mina, yet she was blushing again.

“You should be happy, Mina…even Nayeon did not let me ride with her back then,” Jihyo added.

“Ye-Yes, eonnie,” Mina shyly replied.

“Yaaa..enough teasing her, okay…let’s eat, I am hungry,” I said.

We enjoyed our lunch together and my two BFFs told some embarrassing stories about me in front of Mina. I knew that my friends tried to cheer me up, bringing the cheerful Nayeon back again. I appreciated their effort and tried my best to let go of my past.

“What are you going to do next, Nabong?” Jeong asked.

“Hmm.. I think I am going to bring Mina to NamSan Park,” I said.

“Yeah, that is a nice play to end this weekend,” Jihyo added. “Do you like going to park, Mina?”

“I used to go to park when I was in Japan and play at the playground,” Mina answered.

“You never told me that you lived in Japan before, Minayaaah..” I protested.

“You never asked, eonnie,” she kindly said.

“Yaa..how come you don’t know about your sister’s life, Nabong!!” Jeong said.

“Yaaa… I haven’t got the idea to ask her that!” I argued.

“It is okay, eonnie… we are just get together in a week, right,,,, we still have lots of time,” Mina defended me,

I put my tongue out to Jeong, “See,,,, even Mina is understanding,” I hugged her and patted her head.

“Yaaa, Mina…. Your face is so red,” Jihyo said.

Mina covered her cheeks and said, “Oh I think it is quite hot in here,” she said shyly.

“Ahjuma,, I order one watermelon juice,” I politely asked the Ahjuma..

“No need, eonnie, I am fine,” Mina said.

“It is okay, Minayaaah, I also want it,” I calm her down.

“We also want it, Nay,” both of my friends added.

“Haisshhh…. You guys… Ahjuma, 2 more watermelon juice.” I ordered again.

Then three glasses of watermelon juice were served. I gave one to Jeong, one to Jihyo, and one for me and Mina. I slurped the juice and then I brought the straw in front of Mina’s mouth.

“Your turn, Minayaaah.. I don’t want my sis suffer from the heat,” I smiled widely.

This indirect kiss again. I bowed my head down, so that Jeongyeon and Jihyo eonnie will not see my red face again.

“Thank you, eonnie,,,” then I slurped the juice again.

After that, we chit chat for another hour and departed from the hut.

“See you tomorrow, Nay,” Jihyo waved goodbye.

“Yeah, see you all tomorrow..” I replied and Mina also waved goodbye.

We walked to the parking lot, put on our helmets again and headed to the NamSan Park. This time, Mina was not panicking like before, she seemed calm and more confident.

The moment I am waiting for. I can hug you again, eonnie. Please don’t get me wrong okay. It just feels secure when I am around you. I confidently put my arms on her waist, ready to ride with her. But this time, I don’t hide my face behind her back. I sometimes peep through the mirror, she is pretty even in her helmet. Then I also enjoy the view of Seoul.

We arrived at NamSan Park. We got off from the motorbike and walked around the garden. It was a season where cherry blossom starts to bloom again. It was a nice view, walking under the cherry blossom trees. We walked side by side, just enjoying the view without any words came out. Our hands brushed each other and I slowly intertwined them.

I turned my head to see her, “Do you like it here, Mina?” I asked her.

“Ye-yes, eonnie, I like it… the view is so pretty,” she replied.

“Yes, just like you,” I smiled.

Mina slapped my arm gently, “Eonnie yaa… don’t tease me again… you are the one who is pretty.”

“Hahahaha… but I am not lying, Mina,, you are so pretty, just like this cherry blossom flower,” I replied.

“Thank you, eonnie, you always make me shy,” she said.

There were some benches at the park and we sat there. While watching the beautiful view, I saw a bungeo-ppang stall.

“Do you want some bungeo-ppang, Mina? It has been a while since I ate street food,” I asked her.

“Up to you, eonnie,” she replied.

“What flavour do you want? Red bean or cream?” I asked.

“Hmm.. I want the cream one,” she said.

“Okay, wait here for a while,” I went to the stall and ordered 4 bungeo-ppang.

What a lovely place to end this weekend. A lovely place with a lovely person. Thank you heaven for giving me this chance. I never thought my life will be like this. If Nayeon eonnie did not save me, I will be such a mess. I will have no future. I watch Nayeon walk back with one bag of bungeo-ppang and I smiled at her.

I sat down and opened the paper bag. The hot steam came out of the bag, the bungeo-ppang were freshly made and still hot. I blew and fanned the bag, so they would be cooler faster. Then I took out one and gave it to Mina.

“Eat it while it is still warm,” I carefully took it out and gave to Mina.

“Thank you, eonnie,” she blew it again before taking a bite.

“Is it delicious?” I asked.

“Yes, eonnie, actually this is my first time trying bungeo-ppang,” she said.

“Jinjja… glad that you like it,” I said.

After we ate one bungeo-ppang, we enjoyed the view again. We inhaled the fresh air and closed out eyes. Trying to catch the memory. Then I got an idea to take some pictures together.

I took out my phone and clicked the camera, “Minaa, smileeee,” I clicked the button.

“Waee, eonnie, I am not ready yet,” she laughed and I also laughed.

“Yaa,,, you are also full of yourself,,” I chuckled.

“Noooo….i just don’t want to look ugly in the picture,” she put her tongue out.

“Okay, give me your best smile then,” I challenged her. “Cheeesee,,,” I clicked several times as we changed our pose many times. I also circled my arms on her shoulders that we were closer in distance and she was caught blushing.

“Waaaa… we look good together, Minaaa..” I blurted out and saw that she was surprised at my words. “I mean we look good as sisters, we were both pretty,” I winked at her.

“Send those pictures to me, eonnie, I also want to have them,” she tried to act cool.

“Yes, little princess,” I obeyed her and she slapped my arms again.

After a while…. Looking at the orange purplish sky…

“Mina..” I started.

“Hmm..” she looked at me dearly.

“Just want to tell you, I don’t want you hear this from other people,” I continued.

She listened carefully, “What is about, eonnie?” her angelic voice as soft as the breeze I felt.

“I am not that kind of person that you think, Mina.. I am also selfish,” I told her

“What do you mean, eonnie? I don’t get it. Would you mind telling me more?” she sound concerned.

“I mean.. I help you, right,,, but actually I need you to help myself,, I just want to be honest with you.. I don’t want we fight in the future because of this matter,” I said sadly.

“Why do you need me, eonnie? What can I do?” she asked.

“Hmm.. I lost a special person in my life around a year ago, and since that time, I am a different person, there is something missing in my life. Then, when I saw you that day, I don’t know, but I felt that you are worth fighting for. That is why I help you. But then I realize that I actually helping myself, so I can slowly forget about that special person, and try to reach my life back,” I could only explain that far to Mina. I was not ready to tell further story.

“Thank you for being honest with me, eonnie… one thing that I can say is that I don’t mind helping you, eonnie.. you have done so much for me, and I sincerely want to help you, too..” she said and I leaned my head on her shoulder.

“Sorry for being a big baby, Minayaaah…” I pouted.

“Indeed you are,” she chuckled and me too.

“Thank you for listening to my story, Mina… I will tell you the complete story in another time, okay…” I thanked her.

“Never mind, eonnie..” she showed her gummy smile.

I stood up and offered my hand to her. “Let’s go home, it is going to be dark soon.” We intertwined our hands again and swing them back and forth.

I was glad that eonnie told me about this, like what Mom said yesterday. I promise to always be there for you, eonnie. Thank you for your honesty. I will also tell you my story someday. Now just enjoy this sunset sky and go back home.

Riding back home, still with Mina’s hands around my waist. I felt my burden was lifted a little bit by telling Mina the real reason. I was not completely evil, right, I did really want to help her. It was just a coincidence that she was a nice girl, too. I haven’t thought about love for now. I just want to find the real me again, not being alone all the time.

We reached the penthouse in 30 minutes and directly took a shower and I laid down on my bed. It was a tiring yet fun day to spend with Mina and my friends. Without me knowing, Mina made a glass of warm milk for me. She knocked on my door.

(Knock..Knock..) “Eonnie, can I come in?” she asked.

“Yes, of course, Mina.. it is not locked,” I replied.

“Here, I prepared warm milk for you,” she gave it to me and I drank it right away.

“Thank you, Minayaaah..” I put the glass on the table next to my bed. “So, are you happy today?”

“Absolutely, eonnie… hanging out with you and the other eonnies were great and the park was also beautiful…” she giggled.

“Gooood… glad that you enjoyed it… hmm.. I want to update my IG… you should download it to your phone, Mina…” I opened up the app.

I sat down on my fluffy mat and signalled Mina to sit next to me.

“Here, I teach you about IG..” she paid attention to my instructions.

She downloaded the application and created her account.

“Eonnie, which profile picture should I use?” she cutely asked.

“Do you have a photo of yourself?” I asked back.

“Hmm,,, not yet, eonnie,” she replied.

“Here…. hug this pillow….” I arranged her hair and guided her to pose, “I will a picture of you.”

By her slight gesture and a little bit of skin ship, it makes me happy.

“Smile, Minayaahh…cheeeseeee…” I took some pictures using her phone. “There you go,,, choose one to be your profile picture,” I handed back her phone.

Mina set her profile picture and we followed each other account. I posted some pictures with her at the NamSan Park before and tagged her, too.

In several minutes, there are so many likes (likey, likey) ❤️❤️ from my friends, and since I tagged Mina, they also requested to be friends of Mina.

“See,,,, even my friends directly want to be your friends,,, because of your pretty face,” I pouted and she laughed.

She pinched my cheek, “My cute eonnie…” she kept on laughing.

“Yaaa… promise me that I will always be your number one,,,” I put my hands on my waist, still with pouted lips.

“Hahaha.. yes, eonnie, don’t worry about it…” she laughed holding her stomach.

“Yaaaa…this ostrich Yoo Jeongyeon even write a comment,” I got more furious.

“What is it, eonnie?” she asked. I showed it to her, this one: Pretty girls, but Mina is prettier.

“Yoo Jeongyeooonn.. how dare you… I will revenge tomorrow..” I punched my palm.

“Chill, eonnie.. you are still the prettiest in my eyes,” she tried to calm me down.

“Omo..you are the best, Minaaaa,” I hugged her and she patted my shoulders.

“Anytime, eonnie..” she said.

We decided to sleep after the IG training session, since tomorrow is a school day. We need to get up early. I accompanied Mina back to her room. She settled down on her bed, and I fixed her blanket.

“Good night, Minaa,” I smiled. “Have a nice dream, okay.”

“Good night too, eonnie (Jaljayo). You too have a pleasant sleep. See you tomorrow, eonnie.” She said.

I flipped her bangs and I kissed her forehead. It was gentle and slow. A sisterly love between me and her. Then I said, “See you tomorrow, little princess.”

She blushed again and just shyly nodded, hiding her face under the blanket.

Damn,,,,, a forehead kiss. So soft and warm. I melted in her presence. I surely will have a wonderful dream tonight. Thank you, angels out there.

I the bedside lamp and turned off the main lamp. I closed the door and gave my smile to Mina. That was how our first weekend ended. I skipped to my own room and plopped down happily, wide grin on my face.