Chapter 3 - New Status

In Your Arms

It was 5:30 in the morning, Mina woke up because she heard something outside the room. She got out of the room and saw that my maids were just preparing breakfast.

“Oh, good morning, young Ms. Im, sorry to wake you up. We are preparing breakfast and lunch boxes for you and the eldest daughter,” one of my maids said.

She called me Ms. Im as in Im Mina? I chuckled a little bit, still not believing that now I have a family, a complete one with a sister that I am having a crush with.

“Can I help making the lunch for my sister?” I asked.

“Hmm.. I am afraid that the eldest Ms. Im will not like that idea,” she replied.

“It is okay, I will make sure that it is fine,” I insist.

Mina skilfully made two sets of beef kimbap with kimchi and other side dishes for our lunch. She has the skills as she had to take care of her own life since she was young.

“Hey, good morning, what are you doing this early?” I asked while walking to the kitchen isle and sat in front of my new sister.

“Good morning, eonnie, I am just preparing our lunch boxes for today, so you will eat healthy food,” she explained and smiled.

“OMO… what a caring sister I have now,” I chuckled, patted her head, and she blushed. “Thank you, Minayah…”

“It is nothing, eonnie, you gave much more than what I deserved,” she looked at me in the eyes, sincerely said those words.

I got up from my chair and walked to her side. I put my hand on her shoulder, “Mina, you deserve all of this, you deserve happiness, so don’t mention about it again, okay. You are my family now.” She nodded and gave me her gummy smile.

Being patted by Nayeonnie and her assurance words about me made me feel at home. I am at right place and I have to remember that.

“Okay, I will take a bath first, Minayah..we will go to school in 30 minutes, okay,” I walked to my room.

“Okay, eonnie,” she finished preparing lunch boxes and also prepared herself.

 

 

In the car

“Mina…this is Mr. Kim, our driver, he has been with our family since I was a baby,” I told Mina.

“Good morning, Mr. Kim, nice to know you,” she greeted him.

“Good morning, two young Ms. Im, I am glad seeing eldest Ms. Im looks happier than usual. I believe it is because of you, young Ms,” he said.

“Waaeee, Mr. Kim… don’t tease me in the morning,” I defended myself while Mina was chuckling.

“It is true, though, it has been a while that I you feel happy like this,” he insisted.

“Okay okay, Mr. Kim, it is true! I admit it because I will not feel lonely anymore right now… right, Mina? I elbowed her.

She blushed a little bit and said, “Yes, eonnie.”

“Mr. Kim, later please drive us to the department store after school hour, okay, our young Miss needs to buy some things,” I said.

“Ehhh?” she was confused, and I directly explained.

“You don’t bring many clothes and other stuff right, so I think you need to buy some new clothes and any other things you need. Plus, you are going to have a new phone, so that I can easily reach you, Minayah,” I explained.

“But, eonnie,,,” she tried to reject.

I hold her hands to make her calm, “Remember what I said earlier, okay. You are my sister right now and I will treat my sister as I treat myself.”

She looked at our hands and said, “Thank you, eonnie,” her eyes got teary.

“No worries, Mina, and don’t cry, okay… I am here now, and you can tell me anything, share any burden with me,” I assure her again softly and she nodded wiping her teary eyes.

 

At school

“Thank you, Mr. Kim,” both of us said goodbye to him.

“Have a nice day, young Miss, see you later after school,” he replied and left.

Me and Mina walked side by side. She felt a little bit nervous, maybe because of her new status as an Im.

“Mina, don’t worry about your new status, okay. We take it slowly, and just let others know by themselves,” I told her and she just nodded.

“Hmm..do you want to come buy to my Student Council office? If you are okay with it, I want to introduce you to my best friends,” I asked her.

“Of course, eonnie, I also want to know your friends and your office,” she was back to her cheerful state.

I opened the door, and it was still empty. I showed Mina my table and asked her to sit at the sofa while waiting for Jeong and Jihyo. They must be so shocked hearing about this.

The next five minutes, Jeong burst in to the office and cheerfully greeted me, “Morning, president!” Jeong hugged me and teased me, “How is your girl? What’s her name again? Mina, right?” I glared at her and gave her signal that the person is here. I covered my face, feeling shy about it since Mina was here and she heard everything.

“Ooooppsssss….” Jeong said. “OMG, so sorry about that, just forget what I said, I am JeongYeon, Nayeon’s BFF and secretary here,” Jeong introduced herself to Mina and bowed.

Mina stood up and bowed also, “Nice to meet you, JeongYeon eonnie.. But what is the meaning of ‘your girl’ before?” she asked back.

“Oh, oh, I meant the new student here….right, Yeonnie?” Jeong slapped my arms.

“Yes, Minayah, don’t listen to this crazy friend of mine. And by the way, Jeong, Mina is my sister now,,,official sister. We are living together now,” I explained before Jeong said another weird words to Mina.

Jeong’s jaw dropped and just looked back and forth to me and Mina.

“I will tell you the story, later, okay, I want to accompany Mina to her class first,” I got out from the office while dragging Mina.

“Sorry for the inconvenience before, okay, Mina..” I told her.

“It is okay, eonnie, you guys are so funny. Thank you for paying attention to me, eonnie, since the first day of school,” she said.

Now it is my cheek’s turn to shades of pink.

“My pleasure, Mina.. Okay, have a nice day today and don’t forget to eat your lunch. I will check on you if I am not busy, or you can visit me at the office,” I sent her to her class.

“You too, eonnie, don’t work too hard, and eat your lunch,” she said.

“Of course, the lunch made by you, I will surely finish all of them,” I smiled and she chuckled hearing my cheesy lines.

 

I went to my class, and Jeong and Ji with their curios faces welcomed me. I just showed my smug face and told them that I would explain during lunch time at the office.

All the lesson time ran so fast, and it was lunch time already. Both of my BFFs dragged me to the Student Council office to hear my story. We took out our lunch and gathered at the sofa.

“Wooo, since when you have this complete lunch set?” Ji was amazed by it and me too, actually, seeing Mina’s art in food.

Smiling widely I said proudly, “Since Mina becomes my sister!”

“Yaaa, tell us the details! You really make a quick move on her!” Jeong slapped my arms.

“I don’t make my move on her! I did it sincerely without any certain feeling like you guys thought!” I made sure my BFFs understood.

“So, how was it? What happened?” Ji asked curiously.

Then I told my BFFs everything, from the permission that I asked from my Mom and Dad until asking Mina to move to my penthouse.

“Good for you, Yeonnie,” Ji rubbed my back. “I want my best friend to find happiness again, right, Jeong?”

“Yupp, Nabong! We will support all your decision. You deserve to be happy, too, and live your life. Don’t just get busy with school’s stuff and your lonely ,” Jeong smirked.

“Thanks, guys, I know I can trust you both,” I said and they hugged me tight.

We ate our food and I shared the food that Mina made. They said that Mina was a good cook. I proudly agree with them. What a lucky eonnie I am.

“Alright, I finished my food, I will check on Mina first before going back to class.” I said.

“Go check on your girl, Nabong!” Jeong chuckled.

“Yaa,,,my sister, keep that in your mind,” I shouted back.

“Let’s see until the status is changed!” Ji added.

I ignored what they said and left the office. I entered Mina’s classroom and she was just finished her lunch, too.

“Oh, eonnie, you come,,, have you finished your lunch?” she asked.

“100% clear, my cute sister,” I ruffled her bangs and she laughed her angelic laugh.

“You are a good cook! Jeong and Ji also enjoyed it before,” I complimented her.

“Really? I am glad if the food was good. I will cook for you every day, eonnie,” she showed me her gummy.

“Ah, how lucky I am,” I grinned

I am the lucky one, eonnie. I will give you everything to make you happy. Please bless this heart to beat normally when you are around.

“Don’t forget later we are going shopping. Wait for me at the office, okay,” she nodded and waved goodbye.

 

After school time

Mina went inside the office and waited for me there. She fell asleep at the sofa when I got in 20 minutes later. I observe her peaceful face, do not want to wake her up yet. I think she was tired and let her sleep while I packed up my things.

I tapped her shoulders lightly, “Mina..Mina.. wake up… it is time to go,”

She yawned and stretched her body. I found it cute, like a sleepy penguin.

“Oh, sorry, eonnie, I fell asleep,” she said.

“It is okay, dear, you can sleep again in the car. It is about 30 minutes ride, though,” I informed her.

We walked to the car and Mr. Kim was ready to open the door for us. Inside the car, I can see that Mina is still sleepy. So, I told her to continue her sleep.

“Minayah, just lean on my shoulder,” I pointed at my shoulder.

“Oh, it is okay, eonnie,” she blushed so hard.

“Hey, we are sisters, right… here use my shoulder,” I moved closer to her and she got redder than before, but followed my words.

Dear heart, please don’t beat so fast. Later eonnie will recognize it. I am blushing so hard. Leaning my head to eonnie’s shoulder. I can smell her scent, her calming and warm radiance. I am so happy until I am not feeling sleepy again. I am wide awake, capturing this memory to my head and heart.

“Don’t overthink, Minayah, close your eyes and back to sleep,” I brushed her hair gently.

Nayeonnie caught me again. I pretend to close my eyes and slowly drifted into dream state.

I also slept during the ride. Studying at my last year plus handling student council work really made me tired. I am glad that I met Mina, at least I have a friend now, someone I can share my life with. Mr. Kim woke us up when we arrived at the department store.

“I will call you, Mr. Kim, if we are done with the shopping,” I told him.

“Of course, little princesses, enjoy your time,” he said.

 

At the department store

Mina walked timidly behind me while observing the department store decoration. She looked amazed and I was touched by her action, how pure she is. I stopped walking and wait for her, so that we will walk at the same pace.

I linked my arms to her, “Let’s go, Minayah…” she was blushing so hard but I pretend not knowing.

I looked at our linked arms. Warm feeling crept up my body and really enjoyed this kind of feeling. I looked up to Nayeonnie and she smiled brightly making my heart melts.

“Hmm.. I think we have to go to the phone store, first,,, you can choose it by yourself,” I brought her to the 3rd floor, the gadgets area.

“Omoo, eonnie, all of this are so expensive,” she gasped covering .

I just gave my smug face and force her to choose.

“I don’t know what to choose, Eonnie.. it is my first time to have a cell phone.” She reasoned out.

Then I chose the one for her, the same phone with mine.

“Do you want black or white color?” I asked her.

“Just the white one, eonnie, since yours is black,” she answered.

“Okay, we take this one, please,” I said to the seller. “Please set everything up so that my sister can use it directly.”

“Alright, Ms, wait for a while,” the seller replied.

After around 10 minutes, the phone was ready to use and the seller gave it to me, complete with the hard case to protect the body.

“Here you go, Minayah, your first phone,” I handed it to Mina and smiled happily.

“Aah,, thank you, eonnie, but I don’t know how to use this,” mina shyly admit.

“Don’t worry, I will teach you right away. Now let’s find a café so that I can show you how,” I linked my arms again and we stopped at a dessert shop.

“What do you want to drink or eat, Mina?” I asked.

“Hmmm… just iced lychee tea, eonnie,” she said.

“Two iced lychee tea and a slice of cheesecake, please,” I ordered.

We went to the corner table, next to the window. We sat side by side since I had to teach her how to use the phone. She took out the phone and I started to teach her what to do. Simply from the chatting until the calling feature. Then, I saved my number in hers and vice versa.

From: Cute Eonnie ❤️

To: Lovely sister 🥰

Hi, Minayaaahh 😉

“There you go, I sent you a message, check it,” I told her.

“Yaaa, eonnie… you are so full of yourself, cute eonnie..” she laughed and blushed at the same time.

I pouted, “Sooo, I am not cute?”

“Aniyooo,,, yeah, you are right, you are cute…” she comforted me.

“Okay, I will try to reply your message,” she told me.

 

From: Lovely sister 🥰

To: Cute Eonnie ❤️

Hi, my cute eonnie…. 😊

 

I chuckled receiving a message from her, “Nice, Mina… I guess you can use the phone right now,,, later you can try to see other features.”

Then, the waiter came and brought us the iced tea and cheesecake. We drank the tea and I spoon the cheesecake.

“Say aaaa, Mina,” I asked her to open . She was a little bit surprised and hesitantly ate the cake. I saw her blushed again. So cute this little girl.

Nayeonnie feed me. It means indirect kiss. KISS.

“Thank you, eonnie,” she blushed and looked down, her bangs covered her red face. I enjoyed the view and giggled.

“Is the cake nice, Mina?” I asked.

“Ye-Yes, eonnie,” she replied.

I bumped my shoulder to hers, “No worries, okay, I will help you to feel happy, no more holding back.” She just nodded and drank the tea again.

 

Then, we continued our shopping to the clothing area. Still with the linked arms, I escorted her to the pyjamas corner first. There are so many cute models of pyjamas and I asked her to choose 5 pairs of pyjamas. I also bought some of pyjamas and other sleeping wears.

After that we move to the casual clothes section and picked some T-shirts, jeans, shorts, dress, etc. I picked a purple T-shirt and asked whether Mina like it or not. I bought two matching T-shirt for me and Mina.

We had fun that day and went back home at 7 p.m. We gave all the new clothes to the maid to be washed first. We headed to our rooms to take a bath.

“Mina, after taking a shower, we will have dinner, okay,” I reminded her.

“Okay, roger, eonnie,” she smiled and I smiled too.

My life was not alone anymore. I had someone to talk to and share my time together.

“The dinner is ready, Mina, I will be waiting at the dining table,” I knocked on her door.

“Yes, eonnie, I am coming,” she replied.

After eating our dinner, I asked her, “What do you like to do usually?”

“Hmm… back at the orphanage, I liked to play video games with other kids or just watch TV together with them… why, eonnie?” she asked.

“Oh, I just want to know,,,so, is it okay if we watch Netflix or maybe you have your favorite TV show? Are you tired?” I gently asked.

“Watching Netflix seems perfect, eonnie. Last time I watched Alice in Borderland. Do you know that series?” she asked.

“Hmm… I haven’t watched it,,, is it good?” I asked.

“Depends, do you like thriller kind of film?” she asked.

“As long as it is not a ghost, I think it is okay,” I shyly answered.

“Okay, let’s see later,” she said.

 

I the TV in our living room and sat on the fluffy sofa. I tapped the space beside me, signalling Mina to sit. But Mina just stared at me and when I followed her eyes, she was staring at my thigh. Oopps, I was wearing an oversize T-shirt with no shorts or long pants. Pretend that I did not notice it, I called her name again.

“Mina… sit down here,” I pointed out at the space beside me.

Why is she wearing such a T-shirt like that, without any shorts or pants? Her white thighs are so smooth. She is really testing my desire. I have to keep my head cool and not becoming such a ert. She is my sister and I respect her.

“Yes, eonnie,” she tried to look fine and not affected.

Them we watched the Alice in Borderland together and it was pretty scary and bloody. So, several times I screamed and without realizing, I squeezed on Mina’s arms and hid my face over her shoulder.

What a cute eonnie I have. She is so mature but at the same time she is also like a kid. I chose the right movie then, so eonnie can keep holding onto me.

“Eonnie,,,,you said it is okay to watch a thriller,,,, you are 2 years older than me, aren’t you?” she teased me.

“Yaaaa… but there are so many blood there….. your cute eonnie is scared,” I pouted like a kid and showed my big puppy eyes.

“Ha ha ha…. I will protect you, eonnie, you can hide as long as you want,” she patted my head and I smiled because of her gestures.

The 2nd episode is done, and we decided to sleep. We went to our rooms and said good night to each other.

Ding!

From: Cute eonnie ❤️

Nite, nite, my Minayaaa,,, sweet dreams 🥰

 

My Minayaaa? MY? I giggled reading her message. We were just said good night to each other before. She is such a dork.

 

From: Lovely Sister 🥰

Good nite, too, my cute eonnie 😘 Sleep tight.

 

I smiled reading the message from her. It was simple but it felt warm and sincere. I slept so peacefully that night.