CHAP 8 : PETRIFIED

Partners In Crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The glass fell off and crashed on the cold hard floor. The pieces were everywhere and one of it bounced back hitting Sam's face. His mind was in somewhere else that makes him bumped to the wall while walking with a glass on his hand. It all gone. He can't drink the water anymore.

He touched his left cheek and it was bleeding. The blood reminded him of Yusuke when he was shot and wounded. Sam sighed, slowly pulled out the tissue out of the box and wiped the blood away. It supposed to pricked but he didn't really feel the pain. He was numb of everything but Yusuke. 

Ray came running soon after that. He rushed into the condo when Sam was sweeping the glasses on the floor. 

"Senior.."

"Look, you have to calm down after you hear what I'm going to tell you." Ray said while holding on Sam's shoulders. He was afraid on how Sam will react.

Sam started to feel anxious, "What is it?"

"Yusuke.."

Sam automatically threw the broom away and forced the senior to talk. He couldn't handled his emotions the moment he heard 'Yusuke'. There must be something bad and wrong had happened to the young master. 

"What about him?" Sam was staring straight at Ray as he waited for his next words. He was dying inside. 

"He was shot in his territory." Ray tightened his hands on the junior's shoulders. He was trying to calm him down.

Sam was shocked to death. Yusuke was shot?? He unconciously moved few steps away from Ray. He was scared....He was so damn scared...

"We believed that he was shot by the hired assassin."

"Hired by them?" Them were Raion and Hebi. Yusuke was always their main target. Sam clenched his teeth. He was furious. 

"His father was murdered by the assassin too. Not by us." Ray added. He was well informed by his informer few hours ago. He was thinking that the Sasori's old lord was shot by them too but the man was actually assassinated by their own people.

"Wh-at?...." Sam puzzled when he heard that. So Yusuke have been misunderstood all that time. Then he ran back to Ray because of Yusuke current states. 

"He's injured but not that severe. They hurted his right leg."

"Where is he now??"

"Follow me."

Sam didn't said anything further and just followed Ray to somewhere far from the condominium. It took them almost an hour to reached the destination. Yusuke was there, under the protection of his senior and Evan but Yusuke's emotions was quite unstable. He was upset and rebellious.

"Yu..." Sam rushed to where Yusuke was located. The young lord was put inside one of the room in the building. 

Yusuke was speechless when Sam rushed into the room, sat next to him and pulled him into his embrace. He didn't fight against Sam, he was weak when Sam was around him. He was so freaking weak.... The tears hits again.

"Your leg...." Sam was caressing Yusuke's injured leg while tearing. Yusuke was hurt and he must be in a lot of pain. 

Yusuke's injury had been treated by a doctor and bandaged. He had to use crutches for few weeks. Yusuke bursts into tears, he couldn't take it anymore and he missed Sam so much! He sank his face on Sam's chest and cried. 

"I will kill them! I will send them straight to hell for killing oto-san!!" Yusuke cried and shouted. Ray and Evan told him everything earlier. That was why he acted rebellious because he wanted to kill them!

"Hey..." Sam was holding Yusuke's pair of cheek and looking straight into his eyes. 

"I am here. We will get through this together okay?" Sam gently the young master's hair. 

Yusuke nodded. The moment he was in Sam's embrace, his fierceness changed to weakness. He became Sam's baby again. All the hatred and frustration he felt towards him was totally gone. All gone. To have Sam by his side again was a greatest gift from God.

"I wanna go back, my people are still there." 

"No, you have to stay here. You are unwell my lord."

"My lord?"

Sam nodded while smiling with eyes on Yusuke's face. He wouldn't dare to say more than that especially 'boyfriend'. As Yusuke said before, they were over and weren't boyfriends anymore.

"You love me aren't you?" The young master asked. Sam quickly nodded. He love Yusuke with all of his heart and nothing can stop him from doing that. 

"So am I still the lucky one?" Yusuke wanted to confirm. He was too rough on Sam before, hurted him physically and emotionally. 

"Always..." Sam replied. 

That answer was making Yusuke cried again. A lot more than before. His hand slowly crawled to the back of Sam's head and fondled it.

"Is it still hurt?" He asked while looking at Sam with teary eyes.

Sam shook his head, "No."

"Tui pu chi....I'm so sorry... I almost kill you twice..." Yusuke apologized. He can't imagine if Richard wasn't there to stopped him that day. 

The bad memory was crystal clear. It was obviously shown infront of his eyes on how he put the gun closed to Sam's forehead. He was aiming it directly to Sam and was ready to pull the trigger but luckily Richard was there. Sam might die and he will be regretting it for the rest of his life. He didn't think he could live after that.

Thanks goodness...... Thanks goodness....

"I deserved it. I've lied to you..." Sam said. 

"I was too scared, I don't have anyone left and I have to lead the clan at the same time. I'm...." Yusuke stopped talking the moment Sam pulled him into his warm hug. He was feeling at ease when Sam's hands his back. 

Sam did that to calm him down.

"I will protect you. Don't be scare...For now, stay here until everything is okay, understand?" Sam's soft voice echoed in Yusuke's hearings. 

Yusuke nodded. Then he's letting himself in Sam's arms for almost 10 minutes. All the tortures and pains he felt was gone whenever he was in his boyfriend's embraces. He was so grateful for being with Sam again. He wasn't alone anymore.

Sam slowly tucked the young master into bed and carefully walked out of the room to meet his colleagues. There was something he needed to know from them. Outside, he met Ray and Evan. Started to asked them questions about what exactly happened before.

"I was inside of my car across the mansion when it happened. I was there to watched on Sasori and before he was shot, I met Evan." The inspector spoke. Evan was there to do the same thing without him knowing. 

Evan grinned while scratching his head. He was been scold by Ray because he did the investigation in secret. It's dangerous.

"Did you see the assassin? How he's look?" Sam asked. Ray nodded.

"In all black and his face was hiding under the mask." 

"Hired by them?"

"I think so."

Sam was so upset. The so called family hired an assassin to kill their own family member! They are so f**king heartless! He always knew that they hated Yusuke from the very beginning because they hated his oto-san too. The hatred lasted forever and they even tried to kill Yusuke. 
.
.
.

*FLASHBACK*

"What do you want?" The right hand man asked the guy.

The guy didn't respond with words but aimed the gun towards the boss instead. In the heat of the moment he pulled the triggered and the sound of bullet whistled in the air. 

"YOUNG MASTER!!"

Yusuke fell to the ground as the bullet buried inside his leg's flesh. The guy was trying to end the young master's life when he aimed the gun on the young lord's forehead but failed to shoot because the henchmen stopped him. The trigger was pulled but it landed on the right hand man's chest. 

He was dead on the spot. 

Yusuke was devastated when that happened. He didn't have any weapon on him and his life was in danger! When the assassin tried to shoot him for the third time, he was shot from the back by Ray. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter