CHAP 4 : STUPEFIED

Partners In Crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The porridge in the pot has boiled. Sam garnished it with some green onions and ready to eat. He put a lot of carrots too.

"Please enjoy your meal, my lord~" Sam pretended to be a 5 stars michelin chef. 

"Let's eat together." Yusuke's turn to served Sam by preparing one more bowl with hot porridge. 

The young master eaten breakfast in the kitchen instead of the dining room. He never eats there because everything were served in the huge dining room. The transformation of his behavior swiftly attracted everyone. 

The young lord seems dissimilar whenever he was with their chief. The rumors started to spread among the clan again. Most of them believed that the 2 of them were in a romance affair. There was love in their eyes and everyone can see it. 

It was what Inspector Ray scared the most. His detective can't fallen in love with the criminal. It's wrong. He must stop Sam before it was too late. Sam has to remember that he's a cop!

"Eat more..." Sam put more carrots to Yusuke's bowl. 

"Heyy! This is yours. Don't simply put it into mine."

"Nahh, just eat it." Sam grinned. He loved teasing his other half. The way Yusuke got mad was freaking cute. He always wanted to pinch those cute soft cheeks of Yusuke. 

"I'm full!" Yusuke pouted. Sam chuckled and put his face closer to the young master.

"Then you can eat me instead."

Yusuke was staring at his boyfriend with eyes full of love and care. Sam was the first person he wanted to spend his entire life with. 

How I can live without you?

"Yu..."

"Hm?" 

"What were you thinking?"

"Nothing." Yusuke hush up. Sam didn't have to know everything he had in his mind. The truth was, he fell in love with Sam over and over again.

"I have to run an errand later. Are you going to be okay?" Sam asked. He almost empty his bowl. 

"Of course I'm going to be okay. Why?"

"Because you can't live without me..." Sam said with a naughty smile. It surprised Yusuke because that was what he was thinking before. Sam was a mind reader!

"Shut up." 

Sam bursts into laughter. The way Yusuke slapped his shoulder and reddened was so satisfying to see. Usually he was the one who got flustered but this time it was Yusuke.

As a boyfriend, he will flirt as much as he want. 

"Yu..."

"Uhm?"

"Let's keep our relationship private."

Yusuke frowned, "Why?"

"One day, we will tell the world that we're boyfriends but now is not the right time yet."

Yusuke's sight slowly went to the opposite direction. He wasn't looking at Sam anymore. He didn't understand why Sam was afraid to tell everyone about their relationship.

"I want to protect you from those people. They could use this as a weapon to bring you down." Sam explained.

"If they think they can bring me down just because I'm different, then they are wrong." Yusuke seriously uttered the words. He tightened a fist and Sam was aware of that. 

"Or this is embarrassing to you..."

"Baby, please don't get me wrong..." Sam didn't meant it that way. He was a proud boyfriend but they can't go public because of their positions. If the team knew he was in a relationship with the lord of Sasori, they might end his undercover on the spot.

He was terrified by all the possibilities.

He didn't want to leave Yusuke and didn't want the team to arrest Yusuke and put him to jail. As a cop, he might be banned from Yusuke forever. 

"I'm sorry...." Yusuke apologized. He was too childish if he demanded more from Sam. To have Sam as his special person was more than enough. He should be grateful.

"Yu..."

"You have errands to do right? See you later." Yusuke said and left the space. He walked back to his room and he needed time alone. 

Sam sighed. Yusuke was hurting with his words. He was frightened to death because cops will catch Yusuke and the others in the near future. He can't sleep at nights...He lost his appetites due to this. He rushed to Yusuke's bedroom to apologize.

Yusuke was standing infront of the mirror and was staring at his own reflection. Sam entered the room, moderately walked towards him and gave him a backhug. From the reflection, he can see how emotionless his boyfriend was. Probably there was a lot of things in his mind after what he said before.

"I'm so sorry....I shouldn't have said that to you..." He whispered and drowned his face on Yusuke's shoulder. 

Yusuke just kept his mouth shut. 

"Yu, wo ai ni..." Then the lips moved on to the neck and ended on the temple of the young master. He was scared because Yusuke didn't say anything.

"If you want us to go public, then let's-"

"It's okay. We don't have to." Yusuke eventually talked. He slowly loosened himself from Sam and left to the wardrobe. 

"What are you doing?" Sam followed him all the way to the wardrobe. Seems like Yusuke won't stay home that day. He needed enough rest to heal. Sam was worried sick.

"I'm meeting someone." Yusuke replied while choosing clothes. Sometimes he stopped at certain outfit.

"You have to stay home today." Sam tried to stop.

"Don't worry, I'm just meeting an old friend." Yusuke pulled out one of the garment and decided to wear it for the meeting. It was a light grey suit. 

"Who is it?" 

"You don't know him."

"I'm going with you."

"Sam, I thought you have something to do later."

"I can cancel."

"That's not professional."

Sam fell silent. Was watching Yusuke changing.

"A woman?" He asked. Yusuke quivered. 

"That's it. I'm going too." Sam determined to follow eventhough he had to meet Ray in the few hours. Yusuke didn't argue. If Sam wanted to go, then it was fine with him.

.
.
.
.

ITALIAN RESTAURANT 

"You're looking gorgeous as always." The old friend complimented. They were sitting while waiting for their orders to come. 

"And you're still sweet talker as always." Yusuke smiled. 

"He is your new bodyguard?" 

2 pairs of eyes were attached on Sam who was sitting alone next to their table. Sam wasn't having it after the old friend of Yusuke appeared. 

"He is my best assistant." Yusuke smiled.

"For how long?" 

"A year as Sasori's and 6 months as my right hand man."

"He looks fierce."

The old friend was Richard. He lived in France for years but back to settled down in Taiwan for good. He was Yusuke's old friend when they were in high school. Sam was disgusted because Richard loved to compliment Yusuke. Like Yusuke said, he was a sweet talker.

Sam disapproved.

"So, how's life?" Yusuke asked. 

"As usual, I have to take over my dad's job in the few years. So he trains me on how to act like the next CEO." Richard was annoyed with all the hard works he had to learn. 

"Let's talk about something else. Are you taken or still single?" Richard's eyebrows twitched. He was so intrigued to know.

Sam stopped sipping a cup of tea. He noticed how Yusuke slightly glanced at him. 

"I don't have anyone special. How about you?"

Sam was dumbfounded with the answer. He knew that they already agreed to  keep their relationship a secret but that was......He disliked the answer. Yusuke is taken by him!

Richard replied the same answer. He didn't have anyone special too. 

"Yu-Chan, you know how much I admired you right?" Richard said while staring right into Yusuke's pair of beautiful eyes and it replied with Yusuke's half smile. 

Sam's eyes widened. What does he called Yusuke? Yu-Chan??

"You were the smartest in our school, graduated with great results and such a great leader of Sasori Clan." 

What an admiration. That was....damn! Sam dissatisfied. That guy flirted with his boyfriend infront of his damn eyes.

"You're exaggerating." Yusuke chuckled. Richard was Richard. Didn't changed even a bit. 

The food they ordered finally arrived to the table. It was on Richard and he knew Yusuke loved Italian food. He had a crush on him since they were in high school. They were classmates in all boys school.

The phone rang and it was from Ray. They have to meet soon. Sam left his seat to answered the phone call.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter