Minho POV: Ch. 12

A Prince in Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho

 

That's the last thing I wanted. How could I put her in such danger? No matter what I do, nothing works. I can't save anyone. Someone is always in danger and it's because of me.

First Jinki. Why didn't he stay at home then? What do I have to offer him? Jonghyun, Lucas. They're all wanted criminals, and it's all because of me.

Yet they're all righteous men just trying to live their lives. Until I step into the picture. Then it's all out of control for them, too.

And now her.

 

I remember how she was shivering from the cold. Her loud voice that insulted me in the worst way. Her smile. But that smile was never for me, and that's okay. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve her brown eyes turning into a crescents. Her full lips that show her white teeth. I will never forget it, though. Just like I will never forget the fear in her eyes.

 

How can her smile and her fear hurt me in equal measure? It is the same fear I saw in Yoona's eyes. That was the first time I saw so much blood. She was screaming so loudly.

'I didn't mean to' over and over she whispered it, screamed it. Until she had no voice left.

 

This damn Peace Festival. Why do all my problems start on that day? It was the last day I saw my family four years ago. How long has it been since I thought about my younger cousin? I wonder how she is doing? How is my uncle? Do they think about me from time to time?

 

It was a mistake to get involved with Shindong, but what should I have done then? His sources are always correct, that's why no one doubts his words. Should I have just turned myself in then? Then none of this would have happened.

The girl could be at home with her family where she is safe. Instead, I drag her along and put her in such great danger. And then she saves us instead. I don't care if she's part of the royal entourage, she doesn't deserve any of this. I am no better than the guards who harass the innocent citizens.

 

The decision I make seems easy now, even though I've been struggling with what to do for days. But it is the only right thing to do.

 

"Jinki." I ride beside my faithful companion.

"If we ride through we can make it in time." I say, staring at the path ahead of us.

"I think so too. If the weather continues to be on our side, we'll arrive in Wayv soon enough." He assures me.

"There is a small village before Wayv." I say to him.

"Exactly. Aespa is just before it."

"Would we have time to rest there?" He is weighing it up.

"It will be close, but it would certainly be advantageous to get Mark out of there rested and with a full stomach. We'll have to keep a low profile, of course." He says soberly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter