Minho POV: Ch. 24

A Prince in Disguise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho

 

I can't remember the last time I felt warm water on my skin. I can still see the remains of the ropes on my wrists. It is unbelievable, but I will not have to run away anymore. The king has acquitted us all.

 

Taemin found discrepancies in the criminal records about me and Yoona was able to confirm everything I told him. I never thought I would see her again. When I took her in my arms yesterday, I never wanted to let her go. But I guess she didn't see it that way. Of course she missed me, but I think she wanted to spend some time with Siwon.

 

I'm not used to feeling such fine fabrics on me. I thought they would be uncomfortable, but the silk clings softly to my skin.

 

I leave the sleeping quarters they have assigned me in the palace, my head feeling empty.

For weeks I have been asking myself how to say it, but I have not yet found an answer.

 

I walk across the large practice field. Jonghyun and Siwon are busy training. Jonghyun has not only been promoted back into the army, he is Siwon's right-hand man from now on.

 

"Hey!" he waves at me when he sees me and immediately gets a punch from Siwon. I wave back quickly, but don't stop. I need to find him.

My little cousin isn't little at all anymore. I have to smile. She has become a woman by now. She looks at Siwon with the greatest devotion and claps her hands euphorically.

Embarrassed, he looks down at the ground and bows slightly to her. Seeing the joy of life in her warms my heart. And even though Siwon and I didn't get off to the best start, I know his heart is in the right place. He did everything just to protect Taemin.

 

Lucas and his brother are also there and we nod at each other. When I heard that Siwon got Mark out of Wayv's dungeon, I couldn't believe it. In their home village, the guards wanted the brothers to make them new swords. But it was not an order from the king. When they refused to pay, they took Mark and wanted to make an example of him. Siwon, on his journey, immediately removed the said guards from service and punished them.

Maybe it's naïve, but I think everything will be better now.

 

My way leads me through the kitchen. Taemin's valet Kibum is tasting a new recipe from Jinki and looks at him theatrically as if he has never eaten better in his life. There is truly everything in this kitchen. Jinki will excel here, I know it. I don't disturb them any further.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter