Six

House of Dreams

  It’ll be so nice to get to Hae and the Hyuks’ place and get clean again. Well, at least I’m hoping this idiotic human thinks to take us there first to get us checked out. I know we’re almost healed, but I highly doubt he brought anything suitable to wash me with, and I heard it takes the House a little while to have its abilities kick in. Besides, they’ve never met you and even as you are now I like to show you off Babe.

  I thought Donghae and Hyukjae were human, and that mind-reading wasn’t one of Eunhyuk’s abilities?

  It wasn’t, but apparently it’s developed since I quit performing at Feed Your Demons with Him and the others. Remember, it’s been about ten years since I returned. I couldn’t believe it when Elder Yunho let slip Hyukjae/Eunhyuk were studying to become a veterinarian of all things! It always irked him, his grandson’s bondling and choice of mate, but he actually had a note of pride in them he tried very hard to hide. What I never heard was why that’s what they chose, but hopefully it’s worth it. I expected them to stay entertainers, or at least work at the club. It’s not like they were hurting for money with Donghae’s books selling out as fast as they can be printed.

  I’ll just be happy being near some of our own kind while everything is happening. I get it, once the human understands what’s going on we probably won’t be able to get out until everything is resolved, but even for a little while.

  I know Babe, I know. I think we’re almost there. The road shifted to something smoother. I’ll also be happy when we get out of this cooler. Couldn’t he have had a luxury sedan or something instead of this death trap?

  Don’t look a gift human in the teeth Beloved.