Prosopagnosia, H.XX

Random Drabbles

aesthetic-color-me-blue

Character: Huang Xuxi (WayV)


“Prosopagnosia?”

“Yeah.”

 

Prosopagnosia, a neurological disorder characterized by the inability to recognize faces. It’s the first time you heard about the disorder and the fact that the boy in front of you have it seemed like a lie. You narrowed your eyes at him, which he responded by tilting his head slightly to the side; confusion clearly written on his face.

 

“What?”

“You’re not lying, right?”

 

Hearing that, Xuxi immediately took a step back from you as he crossed his arms sulkily. “You don’t believe me?”

 

“Well, you’re literally the friendliest person I know. If you can’t remember their faces, how could you keep up with the conversations you had before? Like, how would you address each person in the group you’re talking to? You would have to call them by their names at some point.”

 

Xuxi shrugged. “I don’t. And they understand.”

 

“Your friends?”

“Yeah. But I do feel like I didn’t fit in sometimes.”

“What do you mean?”

 

The last rays of the setting sun cast his face with an orange glow, making him look more ethereal than he already was. The smile on his face was breath-taking, but you could not ignore the sorrow in his eyes - so deep but alluring. He turned to face you before ruffling your head lightly.

 

“I’ll tell you next time.”

 

“Why not now?”

 

“Because I want to meet you again.” You looked up at him in shock and he quickly looked away, The slight blush painted his cheeks pink. “If you want to, of course.”

 

“Of course I would like to, Xuxi. What kind of question is that?” You hit his arm jokingly and he giggled.

 

“Thank you. Really.” With his tousled hair from the wind and the wide smile he’s offering you at the moment, you knew that you want to keep this clumsy tall guy happy for the rest of his life.