Drive, P.SH

Random Drabbles

subtle-things

Song: Даниил Ким, playingtheangel - Последний танец

Character: Park Sunghoon (Enhypen)


The ride home was silent as you turned towards the window, not even sparing him a glance. The song playing on the radio did not ease the tension in the car and you were suddenly aware of all the little things the both of you had done together.

 

Him wiping the ice cream smear on your lips; you intertwining your hands with him as you dragged him to the arcade; him ruffling your hair fondly when you showed him your driver’s license; you smiling after noticing the red tint on his ears after you complimented him.

 

You choked back your tears as you did not want to look weak in front of him. Not this time, not ever. But you knew he could see right through your facade. He always did and you hated him more for that.

 

You could feel his occasional gaze on you and you shrunk more into the seat if it was even possible. You wished you could just disappear into thin air and with each passing second, you regretted more your decision to accept his offer to drive you home.

 

“It’s not your fault, you know that.” You flinched slightly at his voice but you did not bother to look at him.

 

“Rather, it was my fault for not trying to win you over harder. I won’t make the mistake again.”

 

You felt tears started to run down your cheeks and you quickly wiped them away. You hated him for making you feel like this. For making you feel loved and cared for. You knew that you didn’t deserve him after hurting him when you rejected his confession to be with Minhee, yet you yearned to be with him.

 

You hated yourself for being ing selfish but you hated him more for openly admitted that he was fine to be used by you.

 

As you caught sight of your apartment building, you let out a sigh of relief. You felt like you would go crazy if you were in the car any longer. When he stopped the car in front of the main entrance, you immediately reached for the handle before your movement was halted when your name slipped out of his lips.

 

You gulped and reluctantly turned towards him. You wished you didn’t, though. The eyes you were staring into were teary and he looked at you like you were the most precious thing he ever met.

 

And you hated that.

 

“I meant every single thing I said to you. And I would wait for you as long as you want. My feelings won’t change and I just want you to know that you could always lean on me. Always.”

 

 

Sunghoon just watched as you slammed the car door before walking into the building. He exhaled shakily as his gaze turned to the necklace hanging on the rear view mirror. The one he had worn when he first met you years ago.

 

He was lost and you had saved him.

 

And he would not let you go that easily.