Cold, P.SH (pt.2)

Random Drabbles

Be-Funky-collage-1

Character: Park Sunghoon (Enhypen)

Song: Wavey Vayn - Take My Life


“I heard you left the hospital earlier than you’re supposed to.”

“Anything’s possible when you have connections.”

 

You scoffed at his words before taking a sip of cola from the can you’re holding. Feeling him staring at you, you took another can from the bag you brought with you and handed him the drink. He raised his eyebrow and your gaze fell upon his bandaged hand.

“Right. My bad.”

You opened the can for him and he took it while mumbling a little ‘thank you’.

 

“Jay told me the stitches reopened when you help the girl.”

“Yeah. It was quite nasty.”

“Why did you do that though? You didn’t even know her.”

Sunghoon carefully placed the can to his side before tilting his head slightly to look at the orange-ish sky. “Do you need a reason to help a stranger?”

You shrugged. “No. Not really.”

 

A comfortable silence settled upon the both of you and you closed your eyes, feeling the gentle breeze lightly caressing your face.

But you look like you would die if you failed to help her.

 

It would be an understatement if you said that you didn’t lay awake late into the night - head filled with the scene of the tragedy. The shouts from your friends; the shriek from the girl as half of her body was dangling down the cliff; the trail of blood running down Sunghoon’s hand as he grasped the girl’s hand tightly.

 

“Park Sunghoon!” Your eyes fluttered open and your eyes immediately caught a brunette running towards the bleacher.

“Oh, hey Sunghoon’s girlfriend.” Jake greeted you and you rolled your eyes at the nickname.

“Shut up, Jaeyoon.” The brunette just smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of his neck.

“Anyways, I’m going. Make sure you did whatever the doctor asked you to do for your hand.” You gestured at his bandaged hand before standing up. Slinging your bag on a shoulder, you waved Jake goodbye and was about to leave when a hand caught your wrist.

 

“Are you going to watch the competition tomorrow?”

Sunghoon let go of your hand before tugging the hem of his shirt. A habit of his when he’s nervous. You hummed and pretended to ponder on the question, though a smirk graced your features.

“Maybe? Why?”

You saw his expression fell and you instantly ruffled his hair. “Idiot. I only go to the stadium if you’re there.”

Sunghoon’s face visibly lit up and he slightly leaned into your touch as he gave you a small smile.

“You better don’t or I’ll drag your off the stadium.”

“With that injured hand, I don’t think you can but fair enough.”

 

Sunghoon rolled his eyes and you couldn’t help but grin at his annoyed expression. You turned towards Jake and gestured to Sunghoon.

“You better take care of this puppy alright?”

Jake nodded his head eagerly before the both of them bid you goodbye and you left the bleacher.

 

As the sun slowly setting in the distance, you walked to the computer department at the west wing of the campus to wait for your friend.  As the conversation you had with Sunghoon replayed in your mind, you wonder if Sunghoon would finally open up to you or he would run away from his problems again, just like he did when he broke up with you.