Breathe, L.JN

Random Drabbles

sdfdfd

Character: Lee Jeno (NCT Dream)

Song: Always Never - Drowning


He was ethereal, no doubt about that.

 

As you sat across from him with your hands wrapped around a cup of steaming tea, you admired his side profile while he gazed out of the window. His dyed blonde locks compliment his fair skin as a few strands of his bangs slightly covered his eyes. His tall and sharp nose blends in well with his soft lips which you longed to trace with your finger. The sunset cast an orange-ish glow on his face and you watched as he carefully took a sip from his drink.

 

The clattering of cups and the ballad songs playing in the background with the last rays of sunlight shining through the transparent window radiates a peaceful and soothing ambiance. You felt time passed slowly at the moment; just you and him in the coffee shop hidden from the busy world outside.

 

The bell hung on top of the door chimed when a customer opened the door to leave. You shifted your gaze to your phone when it vibrated to signal you of the new message you received. You unlocked your phone and saw the picture you set as your wallpaper: a picture of the sea that you took while Jeno drove by the beach towards your hometown.

 

You let out a little sigh before checking the message. Just a friend of yours asking if you’re still up to go to the cinema later that night. You closed your phone without replying and took the spoon on the saucer to stir your tea.

 

“Who was that?” You lifted your head and to look at him and realized that he had been staring at you. You just shrugged before lifting the cup to your lips.

 

“Just Yeri asking about our hangout. Why?”

 

He shook his head and went back to staring out the window. Your gaze lingered on him for a few more seconds before you looked away and focused on the interior of the shop. You didn’t know what happened but it had been like this for a few weeks.

 

Him drowning in his own thoughts.

 

And you swimming to reach him yet you could never go further than a few meters from the shore.

 

You closed your eyes and let the classical music slowly drowned out from your focus. Maybe it was not him, after all. Maybe it was you.

Maybe it was you who wanted to stop breathing first.