Stranger, H.GH

Random Drabbles

Be-Funky-collage

Character: Huang Guanheng (WayV)

Song: Aether - Catharsis (slowed + reverb)


 

A stranger, that’s what he is.

 

The stranger that walked past you in the airport as you pressed the button of the elevator.

 

Head hung low, a white headphone wrapped around his neck, a hand running across his messy black hair while the other pressing the phone to his ear, a black mask covering half of his face. he was dressed in a simple white shirt and black jeans with a white printed bag slung on his shoulder. He would easily blended in a crowd with the way he dressed and how he carried himself. Heck, he almost went unnoticed by you even though he was literally walking behind you in an almost empty hallway but the one sentence that escaped his lips was enough to grab your full attention.

 

“I love you for life”

 

It was 2 a.m. and you were stuck at the airport as your flight got delayed due to the heavy rain. Tired and sleepy, you sighed as you wandered around the quiet airport. You would have appreciated the silence and view more if you were not so tired packing up your luggage the day before. It was nice to finally return to your hometown after being away for so long but the process of going back .

 

You stopped in front of the departure board and groaned when you noticed that it would be another good four hours until your departure time. You felt a random shiver ran down your spine and you rubbed your palms together to seek extra warmth. The airport felt too cold for your comfort after being in it for so long and you cursed yourself for not wearing your hoodie instead. Deciding a warm tea is a good option to warm yourself up, you made your way to the elevator to go to the food court in the 6th level.

 

And that was when you met him.

 

You blinked and watched as the stranger disappear down the hallway. The sentence once filled your mind. It was once spoken and written to you. The words once filled your stomach with butterflies but now it only made your blood ran cold. You recalled a male sitting beside you, his contagious laughter echoing around the deserted beach. The way his hair fluttered in the night breeze, his eyes formed into crescent moons as he grinned. His fingers intertwined with yours as he gave your hand a little squeeze.  

 

The elevator arrived with a ding and you were jolted back to reality. Stepping into the elevator, you pressed on the button with a shaky finger and heaved out the breath you were holding. You turned your phone over and saw the little note you put behind your transparent phone case.

 

J't'aime à la vie.

 

A sweet sentence.

A sentence that made your heart skipped a beat.

A sentence that made you smile until your cheeks hurt.

But it turns out to be a lie.