Derail (2)

Grasping at straws
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryujin tucked a strand of hair behind her ears and loomed over their maknae in concern. Yuna was currently cocooned in thick blankets and Ryujin swore she looked paler than usual.

“Yuna?” Ryujin whispered unsure if she was asleep or not. When she was met with silence Ryujin carefully pressed the palm of her hand against Yuna’s forehead. Yuna responded with a groan and her lips twitched at the contact.


“Unnie?” Yuna cracked her eyes open.


“You’re running a fever.” Ryujin stated kneeling lower so she was eye level with Yuna. Yuna quickly averted her gaze and Ryujin frowned. She won’t even look me in the eyes.
“You were okay this morning before school, what happened?” Ryujin continued pushing a conversation despite the slight irritation she felt at Yuna’s previous reaction.

“I don’t know. Could you bring Lia unnie here for a second?” Yuna asked attempting to sit herself up on the couch she was sprawled on. That does it. Why does she need Lia? Why does Yuna need Lia when I’m here.
Ryujin narrowed her eyes and kept her eyes on Yuna as she continued. “Lia unnie usually has medicine.”

“Lia’s busy.” Ryujin lied through her teeth. Yuna paused for a second and thought about the time Yeji organized an impressive medicine cabinet.

“Oh then Yeji unnie usually-“

“But Ryujin unnie is the one worrying about you now.” Ryujin cut off straightening Yuna’s blanket. “So she will be the one taking care of you. Okay?” Yuna propped herself up looking wildly for an escape  route. Her cheeks warmed and she knew it wasn’t just because she was sick.

“A-actually Ryujin unnie I’m okay I can get it myself it’s not-“ Yuna faltered when Ryujin started furrowing her brows.

“Why don’t you want me?” Ryujin asked a flash of hurt was visible in her eyes and Yuna’s heart pounded painfully at the sight. “Why can’t I help you?” Ryujin continued.

 Because I find you gorgeous, if anything you’ll raise my fever because I can’t even look at you without burning up.


“I’m bad with medicine. Lia mixes it with stuff so I can’t taste it.” Yuna half lied. Yes, Yuna didn’t like medicine, but she never asked Lia to do anything except buy it for her. Ryujin rolled her eyes and marched out of the room only to return a few minutes later with a bottle of liquid medicine and Yuna almost gagged at the mere sight. Ryujin measured out a spoonful and held it up to Yuna’s face.

“Say ‘ahh’.” Ryujin opened and stared expectantly for Yuna to do the same.

“I can’t.” Yuna shook her head. God, it smells horrendous.

“You don’t need your medicine mixed you’re a big girl now.”

“But it smells- ackffftsp!”

Ryujin took advantage of Yuna’s open mouth and mercilessly shoved the spoonful in only withdrawing when she heard a reluctant gulp. Ryujin had to hold back a giggle as she slid a cup of water into Yuna’s hands. Yuna downed the glass of water in a minute and glared daggers at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter