Coffee is a big deal (9)

Grasping at straws
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeryeong hung her knees off the couch and peered into the kitchen from her slack position on the couch. It had been one week since their interview with Somi and approximately one week since Ryujin and Yuna were back to being awkward and avoidant with one another.

Chaeryeong released an exasperated sigh and watched as Yuna busied herself with the coffee maker in the kitchen, pouring herself less than half a cup, and then glancing at Ryujin's closed door.

"Chaeryeong unnie we're out of coffee," Yuna called, picking up her mug to take a slow sip and placing it gingerly on the counter.

"I'll buy some today," Chaeryeong promised.

As if on cue Ryujin's door cracked open and a groggy eyed, cozy looking Ryujin stumbled through the frame and into the kitchen. Yuna bent down and slipped her tote bag over her shoulder and wordlessly brushed past Ryujin.

"Bye Chaeryeong unnie," Both Ryujin and Chaeryeong watched her fumble with her shoes and curse under her breath. Wide awake and thoroughly amused, Ryujin chuckled and Chaeryeong tried her best not to, but Yuna flushed a bright pink regardless, biting her lip and racing out the door that slammed behind her.

"You forgot your coffee!" Chaeryeong called and grimaced once she realized Yuna was probably long gone. Ryujin glanced at Yuna's mug on the counter and picked it up, feeling the warmth pool into her hands. Without much thought she picked up the coffee pot, filled the cup to the top and took quick steps to the door.

"I forgot my-" The door swung open a hairs away from decapitating Ryujin, and knocking the hot drink out of her hand. Yuna's stood on the other side with her shoes on the edge of their old welcome mat, holding the door with one hand, eyes wide with astonishment. Ryujin cracked a smile she hoped Yuna would return.

"Your drink," Ryujin finished. Yuna frowned and plucked the mug out of Ryujin's hands ignoring the way her cheeks warmed when their fingers brushed. She her heel and Ryujin's gaze followed her momentarily before it dropped, downcast and dejected.

Chaeryeong was so tired of their ty, novella romance not working out, but for the sake of sad, sleepy Ryujin she decided not to comment and settled for looking into their empty kitchen instead.

Ryujin composed herself within the silence and padded her way back to the kitchen for coffee, "Did she eat this morning?" Ryujin asked, shaking the coffee pot of all its liquid, her efforts rewarding her with half a cup of coffee.

"She did," Chaeryeong confirmed.

"Ah, also we're out of coffee, should I buy more?" Ryujin commented offhandedly. A frustrated growl left Chaereyong's lips and she sat up in one quick motion. Glaring at Ryujin with sharp eyes.

"Yuna will be fine without a day of coffee, and you're busy with your dance schedule today. Instead of tiptoeing around each other like mice, and worrying about if the other has coffee for the next day why don't you address whatever the actual issue is between you two," Ryujin gaped at the explosive energy radiating off Chaeryeong, but didn't make a move to stop her.

"And before you tell me its nothing, you need to know not everyone living here is as stupid as you two when it comes to love!" Chaeryeong huffed and flopped back onto the couch dramatically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter