Murphy's law (7)

Grasping at straws
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuna’s eyes shot up from her phone and she sat up rigidly before falling back into the squishy car seat she was currently buckled against. She looked to her right, a grin splayed across her face. Ryujin was falling asleep, again.
They were currently headed toward their third interview of the day and Ryujin’s eyes opened for the nth time before fluttering shut momentarily. Yuna watched the process repeat itself before finally deciding to do something.

“You can sleep we’ve still got a long way to go.” Yuna boldly adjusted Ryujin’s head so it was against her shoulder and Chaeryeong grinned in approval at the scene unfolding before her.
Chaeryeong leaned closer to Yuna’s ear and let out a hushed whisper.

“So you and her have come to an understanding?” Yuna almost choked and quickly looked at Ryujin making sure she was asleep.

“Hm. Yeah I guess.” Yuna lied expertly through a straight face. The only thing that could’ve possibly given her away was the reddening at the tips of her ears.

Understanding?
There was no understanding.
She understood nothing.

Chaeryeong seemed to buy Yuna’s lie before smiling warmly at a sleeping Ryujin. “She looks pretty cute when she’s asleep, eh? I want this on camera.” Chaeryeong quickly unlocked her phone, opened up her camera app and gestured for Yuna to get ready for a selfie. “Say cheese.”

Yeji and Lia turned their heads simultaneously from the front seats and leaned back into the selfie unbeknownst to an unconscious Ryujin, and shot the camera a huge smile. The resounding click of the camera filled the car and Yuna giggled.

She loved them, all of them.

“Send this to me later?” Chaeryeong nodded. A soft snore left Ryujin’s lips and Yuna’s eyes shone with mirth. She pursed her lips together in an attempt to stop the laughter that was rapidly building up.

“Will do.” Chaeryeong rolled her eyes, but smiled when she noticed how Yuna had already lost all focus on anything other than Ryujin and her occasional snores.

Ryujin tucked her feet into her shoes and suddenly she felt like a giant, they had been making her wear tall shoes recently. It was probably a good thing, especially since she’d be sandwiched between Yuna and Yeji for this interview. A little height would most definitely be a good thing.

“Ryujin, hurry up! You have ten minutes!” The familiar boom of her manager’s voice snapped her back into reality she yawned into the crook of her arm unable to shake the sleep in her eyes. She had the best nap of her life in the car and she was greedy for more.

“I’m almost done!” Ryujin called back. She buckled her shoes and examined herself in the full length mirror one last time. Ryujin groaned when she spotted that the zipper located at the very back of her top had yet to be zipped.

“Unnie- The manager keeps calling for you. Lets go.” Yuna slipped into the dressing room, Ryujin in her breath and gave Yuna a once over. The stylists had definitely noticed the figure Yuna was growing into because she had been sporting a lot of elegant clothing this week. It made her look grown up, not that Ryujin was complaining. She pried her eyes away from Yuna’s long, long legs.

“You’re pretty.” Ryujin commented coolly like she hadn’t been ogling seconds ago.

“Thanks unnie, you too.” Yuna smiled sheepishly. The maknae’s eyes locked onto the ped top and she maneuvered her way to the end the dressing room where Ryujin was. “L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter