Proximity (5)

Grasping at straws
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yeji smiled at the sight of Ryujin leaning on Yuna through the glass doors. The pair looked cozy enough and Yeji almost thought she would be able to escape Ryujin’s wrath.

Almost.

As if sensing Yeji’s presence Ryujin’s head whipped around and glared at her with enough fire to burn the ing ocean.

I am so screwed.

Yeji’s feet took a step backwards as Ryujin rose from her spot, despite the giant door between the two Yeji could feel the impending doom rapidly looming over her.

Screwed. I’m screwed. Mom, dad, Lia, I love you.

“Open up.” Ryujin growled pressing herself against the glass door and Yeji felt her stomach jump into . She drifted a pleading gaze towards Yuna and silently begged for her life.

“Unnie, she can’t open the door if you’re glued to it.” Yuna must’ve read her face because she gently pulled Ryujin’s hand, tugging her away from the door, and much to Yeji’s surprise Ryujin let her do so.

“I’m sorry I had some things to clear up with Lia and I left my phone on silent.” Yeji explained while pushing the door open Ryujin looked a little taken aback at the hand Yuna had placed in her own, Yuna seemed to notice this too because she retracted her arm and whispered an apology, slightly embarrassed.

Yeji raised an eyebrow at the duo’s awkward interaction.

Were they always like this?

Ryujin cleared and furrowed her eyebrows trying to relive the anger she had felt just a moment ago.

“We’ve been out here for like an hour.” Ryujin snapped.

“Well maybe you shouldn’t have forgotten your keys.” Yeji shot back feeling a little brave now that Ryujin was less angry than she anticipated.

“Well maybe if you weren’t such a then their wouldn’t be anything to clear up with Lia.” Yeji’s breath hitched and she grit her teeth together.

“That’s rich coming from you! You can’t even work things out with Yuna!” Yeji retorted trying her best not to raise her voice.

“Don’t play yourself. We have nothing going on. We don’t like each other.” Ryujin stated. Yeji scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Why don’t you speak for yourself, .” Yeji lowered her voice and nudged her head in Yuna’s direction. Ryujin tore her eyes away from Yeji and found Yuna’s- she looked like a deer caught in the headlights, wide-eyed and all. Ryujin waited for Yuna to say something, to tell Yeji off for making assumptions, to stand her ground like the confident, young woman Ryujin made her out to be, but she didn’t say a word instead she pushed her way past the two girls and made her way up the stairs.

“You both .” Yuna felt her voice waver, but she didn’t want to be there anymore. Her heart felt like a dart board and every word hit was a bullseye.

“Look what you did.” Yeji frowned rubbing her temples.

“Me?!” Ryujin asked incredulously looking back at the stairs and then Yeji. All anger aside she wanted to chase after Yuna and demand to know what the hell was going on.

“She obviously didn’t say because she likes you.” Ryujin stared at Yeji like she grew a second head. “Stop looking at me like that you blockhead. You have so much to figure out.” Yeji grumbled with a wave of her hand. Exasperated with the way things were going with Lia and now Yuna, Yeji took a seat on the stairs burying her hands into her face.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you. I should’ve picked up the phone I’m responsible for you girls. I don’t want upset anyone else today.” Ryujin took a seat next to Yeji and propped her elbows on her knees.

“Its fine. Sorry for egging on you bout’ Lia.” Ryujin apologized. Yeji let out a loud exhale and chuckled. Yeji knew apologies didn’t come easy for Ryujin. “Wanna talk about what happened with Lia?” Yeji also knew this was Ryujin’s way of offering peace.

“Sure.”

 

--

 

To say that Yuna was upset was an understatement. Her (rather dramatic) reaction had obviously hinted at the fact that she liked Ryujin, and ever since Yuna had come to terms with the fact that she had a ridiculously big crush on Ryujin she had been prepared to hide it.

Yuna walked up to her door, but froze when she heard a sniffle come from the other side. Her lips pulled into a frown when she swung the door open and the first thing she took note of how the rims of her roommates eyes were swollen and pink.

“Lia unnie? What happened?” Yuna couldn’t mask the concern lining her voice momentarily forgetting about why she was upset.

“It’s nothing really.” Lia was rubbing at her eyes and Yuna wanted to pull her fingers away and give her a hug, but she held back.

“Does it have to do with Yeji unnie?” Lia visibly frowned at Yuna’s words and her eyes started to water.

“You know, don’t you?” Lia mumbled.

“Ryujin may have slipped a word or two in.” Yuna admitted.

”We’ve worked so hard an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter