Literal vs Figurative (6)

Grasping at straws
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The floorboards creaked under her feet with each step. She stopped in her tracks when her eyes drifted to the balcony that had been carelessly left smack open. A breeze ran through the room, goosebumps trailed down her skin and her eyebrows furrowed together.

Yeji was sure she had closed all the windows.

Her breath hitched in when she got closer. Lia’s tiny frame was leaning on the rails, her long hair tumbled down her shoulders and she looked divine under the night sky. Like a magnet, Yeji’s eyes were drawn.

“I can feel you staring.” Yeji pursed her lips together and took a hesitant step towards Lia before joining her outside.

“I wasn’t sure if anyone was even out here. You’re up late.” Yeji commented gluing her eyes to the sleepless city below them. Lia chuckled and turned her head to Yeji.

“I’m always up late.” The corners of Yeji’s mouth pulled into a knowing smile and she cleared before mentally reciting the apology she had rehearsed since their little emotion- filled discussion.

“Lia, I’m sorry about today. I didn’t mean to make you so upset.” Yeji held her breath when she was met with silence.

“I’m sorry too. I know you want more from me. I’ve been holding back.” Lia wrinkled her nose. Yeji held up her hands and vehemently shook her head.

“No! You are right for feeling whatever you feel. I shouldn’t be forcing anything onto you.”

“You’re not forcing me. I’m in love with you- I’m just a little scared, Can we work it out together?” Lia’s tiny voice was dripping with vulnerability and it shattered Yeji’s heart that she had ever thought Lia was just being insensitive to her feelings.

Yeji understood, despite how confident she felt with Lia. She knew none of this was going to be easy.

“I’d like that.” Yeji’s voice was barely above a whisper and she wasn’t really sure who leaned in first, but it didn’t matter because the second their lips touched the world could’ve disappeared for all she cared. Yeji broke away from their quick kiss and stared at Lia.

What do you want?

Isn't it obvious.

Fingers tugged Yeji’s collar rather shyly, and pulled her back down into another kiss. Yeji gripped onto the rail behind her for support. She had to suppress the laugh that was threatening to break their kiss when Lia’s inexperienced tongue slid sloppily over her bottom lip.

“What’re you laughing at?” A hint of accusation was present in Lia’s voice and Yeji bit her tongue.

“Nothing, you’re just cute.” Yeji laughed and cupped Lia’s pinchable cheeks with her palms.

“You’re laughing at the way I kiss, aren’t you?” Lia narrowed her eyes and glared openly. Yeji knew that look was suppose to be intimidating, but she looked about as threatening as a puppy.

“Well I can definitely tell that you're new at this, but that’s okay because I can teach you.” Yeji winked and the light blush dusted itself across Lia’s cheeks wasn’t due to the cold.

Ryujin groggily rubbed her eyes and winced at the horrible pounding in her head. If there was one thing she hated more than waking up, It was waking up h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter