Part 7

Magnetic [Drabble Series]

Marching away from Kihyun, you shook your head vigorously. “I cannot believe you did that!”

“What I did? What about you?!”

“What about me?” you questioned, placing your hands on your hips.

The incredulous look upon Kihyun’s face morphed then, and you pointed at him.

“Don’t you dare start laughing!”

“Why? Are you trying really hard not to yourself?” he asked bemusedly, and a snort left you, your hands rising to cover your mouth and stop any further laughter erupting. “I knew it! You were my partner in crime, after all.”

“Aren’t I meant to be your partner through everything? Till death do us part was the vow we said to one another recently, right?”

Kihyun slipped his arms around your middle after closing the gap between you both. He nodded and captured your lips in a tender embrace. It was interrupted when you heard your neighbours arguing inside about what had just happened.

You grimaced lightly. “I suppose we shouldn’t have picked a fight with them.”

“He started it first by putting the sprinkler on when he knew I was out there gardening. I’ve told him before that I can only get it done at this time. He did it on purpose.”

“It was only a bit of water, Kihyun.”

“Oh, so you want to take his side instead of your husband’s, huh?”

“I did turn on the hose and accidentally soak the man to stop him from arguing with you, didn’t I?”

“Mm, accidentally.”

You nodded innocently. “My hand slipped.”

“On turning it up to full power?”

“A sprinkler only waters so much at a time. He should see it as me helping him out with his lawn.”

“We’re awful,” Kihyun surmised with a laugh, and you grinned.

“The worst. We’ve only just moved into this neighbourhood after purchasing our first home together. I don’t want to move any time soon. We need to try harder with them.”

“I’ll bake them some muffins to apologise,” Kihyun suggested, and you smiled brightly.

“You’re the sweetest.”

“I’m also kind of wet,” Kihyun pointed out.

“Should I help you with that too?”

“Well, you are my partner, after all.”

Lifting his t-shirt over his head, you then patted your husband on his playfully. “There you go. Now, if you need to dry off any further, how about you take a shower? You know where the towels are.”

“I have a better idea,” Kihyun replied, scooping you up into his arms. “I think you’re a little wet too.”

“Is that so?”

“A shower is needed for both of us,” he decided wickedly, racing towards the bathroom with you giggling loudly along the way.


 

As you laid next to Kihyun sleeping soundly, you watched him with a warm smile. You couldn’t believe this was real life. If you had told yourself back when everything felt hopeless with Kihyun that you would be able to overcome those hardships and eventually get married, you wouldn’t have believed it.

You sometimes still didn’t believe it now.

But you knew this wasn’t a dream either. In a fantastical world, things would be perfect. And they certainly weren’t. You still fought, sometimes harder than the usual bickering. But you managed to get through it every time, and always stuck to the deal you had made years ago to never go to sleep without working through it first.

There were a lot of highs too. We complement each other well, you thought as you stared at your husband. Settling into your pillow a little, you tried to close your eyes, but you weren’t quite finished admiring the man.

“I can feel you staring at me,” he mumbled, and you jolted with the sudden voice in the room, Kihyun’s hand shooting out to balance you. “Easy. You have to take care of yourself now.”

“Kihyun, that’s only when I’m actually pregnant.”

He shook his head, his eyes finally connecting with yours. “You’re important before falling pregnant. And after too. And even when you’re not carrying a child. You’re always important.”

“Is that so?”

“The most important treasure in my life.”

“Did you strike gold when you met me?” you teased, and Kihyun sniggered. “Hey! You just called me treasure!”

“You’re better than making me rich.”

“You’re cheesy when you’re sleepy.”

“You like it, though,” he surmised, and you nodded.

“I love everything about you.”

“Even when we fight?” he offered, and you laughed.

“Only then do I not love you.”

“Really?”

“I still like you, though,” you stated, and Kihyun grinned.

“Were you thinking about how lucky we are to have each other just now?” he asked, and you nodded. “I do that often too.”

“I just don’t wake up to you staring at me, I guess.”

Kihyun chuckled. “No, once you’re out to it and snoring-”

“HEY!”

“We made it here together. After everything we’ve been through, a little snoring isn’t going to-”

“You’ll be sleeping on the couch in a moment.”

“How are we meant to make a baby then?”

“I’m not ovulating right now,” you told him, though the way his hands moved onto your bare skin made you shudder in delight.

“There’s nothing wrong with a practice run.”

“Maybe that’s what our past was. Practice. Now we’re living in the real deal.”

“Want to escape yet?” he wondered, and you shook your head, easily dismissing the claim. “Good. Because I don’t plan on letting you go.”

“How can you when we’re magnetic? We attract each other through everything we face.”