In which I die and my soul goes into an heiresses body...

Don't press the button

Prologue


Los Angeles, California 7:30 a.m. November 12th, 2012.


Melissa Davis was not your average 19 year old was walking home from school, with earbuds plugged in her ears to muffle the noise around her, she trekked to school. Her hands were shoved into a red hoodie that covered her lace blue camisole, the skeleton belt shone brightly around her waist , it was attached to her black skinny jeans and her feet clad in combat boots.

She held onto the strap of her jansport as looked both ways before crossing the intersection in front of her, that was the only obstacle that was left for her to get around to school.

Her parents had divorced the year before, with her mother remarrying to her step-father and her father running off with her aunt. Her older brother Michael was still stationed in Iraq and had been there ever since, of course there were phone calls and skype chats, but she missed her older brother.

Melissa was not a loner, she had best friends in school, she was an active vegetarian for about a week , but she couldn't resist baby-back ribs, they were her krytonite, any type of beef in particular was.

She worked part-time at the local PinkBerry and saved up for College, since she didn't want any financial support from her parents.

She had been hurt enough.

Her long black hair swished in the breeze as she crossed.

Her hand flicked through her music playlists before she settled on 'O' by Dong Bang Shin Ki.

Melissa liked korean pop songs, she was a Cassie. A dedicated one, but not obsessed, she didn't get time to buy their CD's,DVD's, see their NG's, commercials, buy their clothing wears nor eat ramen.

Ramen had MSG, which was bad.

Melissa liked to overanalyze things, she never went with the flow. That was why she never had a relationship.

Not once.

She wasn't boring ,she was just overly cautious.

Not paying attention and lost in her thoughts ,she didn't see the boy riding the bike on the sidewalk.

And so he crashed into her, she was was sent flying into the street and was hit buy a car.

What a way to die.


When she came too, her vision was clouded with white.

''Where am I ?'' she thought.

She glanced at herself and then her surroundings.

She wasn't hooked up to any machines.

She was in a white bathrobe.

'I need to get out of here,' she thought hopping out of the bed and running to the door.

When she walked out of the room, she was in a corridor that stretched long for miles.

She saw people passing up and down with clipboards, some with wings? ...some directing others like her  in bathrobes....and her feet padded the floor in white cutton slippers.

A tap on the shoulder made her turn around and she jumped back.

''Who are you?'' she screamed.

''I'm Jake....your guardian angel'' he smiled.

''My what? '' she yelled. He just continued to smile serenly at her as he took her by the shoulders and guided her along the corridor to a room marked ,''New Life.''

He shoved her in a seat as he settled himself in front of a 'computer.?'

''What is going on?'' she inwardly cried.

''Where am I?'' she asked out loud.

''The place....you know as paradise...you my dear...are in Heaven...'' he replied.

''I-I'm I'm in where?'' she sputtered.

''Heaven...divine place , where the big guy known to us as Boss, but to you...God,'' he said simply as it was obvious.

''How?'' she asked frantically.

''You died,' he replied .

Tears started forming at the brim of her eyes.

'I'm dead' kept ringing in her head.

''No worries.. .since you've been a good soul...god has offered you another chance, you just have to wait for a time to be reincarnated.,'' he answered.

''Reincarnation...why reincarnation...can't you put me back into my ole body?'' she asked leaning forward.

''Nope...when you died...there was severe damage to your old body...so that's a no..'' he replied.

She sat back folding her arms.

Jake , who was 6'1, with blue eyes and black hair in a wavy length hair style continued to type away as Melissa began to think of a plan.

''How does this work?'' she asked sitting up.

''WHat...the process?'' he asked. She nodded.

''Well, I enter your basic information, search for a time that you can be taken to and I push this button ,- he pointed to the red button- then your soul gets transferred there...'' he explained.

''So it's all down to a button?'' she asked herself silently.

He showed her an example of a soul that couldn't go back to its body, ''This is Sunny Young...same age as you..she was put into a coma a couple of months back and her family wants to pull the plug if she doesn't wake up...however her soul wondered ...so her body is like an empty shell...'' he continued.

''Empty shell?'' she titled her head confused.

''Yes empty shell, circumstances like hers, in which she should've returned to her body but let it get worse, her soul is lost...''' he said sadly.

She bit her lip... and finally making up her mind she nodded, ''I'll take hers...''

''Take..what....you'll go back down to her body?'' he said incrediously.

She nodded eagerly, '' Yeah,....a new life right...''

He clapped his hands dramatically, ''That's great... let me just finish this and ...''

''Why is he taking so long?'' she sighed.

She leaned forward , ''All you have to do is  ...press the button...''

'''Don't push the button.....'' he protested. ..but she had already pushed it.

Her soul was gone into the body of Sunny Young.

A 19 yr old korean heiress who before her accident was spoiled and mean.


I hope you guys likes this prologue..

The first official chap, is when Melissa wakes up in Sunny's body that is in the hospital.

Right before they take her off of life support.

Please Read/Review/VoteUp/Comment.

Always Keep The Faith.

Caribbeanpop17/Mel