Chapter 4

When We Met
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

Even though it was raining, Taemin was in high spirits. The summer rain filled the air with a warm haze, and even if the drops were cold, it was calm and there was no need to dress in many layers of clothing.

 

This afternoon he had a lunch date with Kai at their regular café. He already ordered two Cokes for Kai and himself and could hardly wait to tell Kai about his evening last night. And even though he knew he would have to listen to his and Krystal's rekindled love luck again, that wouldn't dampen his spirits either. He wondered if there were still tickets to buy for the circus. Yesterday's performance had been completely sold out, and that was no wonder to him. He had only been able to admire all the artists, animals and props for a short time, but he had been so fascinated by Minho's stories alone that he knew the show must be incredible.

 

Taemin: Where are you?

 

Taemin texted Kai, who was already ten minutes late and Taemin had already finished his Coke.

 

Kai: Oh man, I'm sorry! I totally forgot! I can't get away from here just yet. But I'll see you tonight, I promise.  

 

Taemin stared at his screen in disbelief. Sighing, he stood up and walked dejectedly out of the café. The beads of water sounded loud and resounding on his umbrella. Involuntarily he wondered how Shiny, the other animals and also Minho were doing, but he could not yet admit to himself that Minho was actually his first thought.

 

The stables were roofed, but with such heavy rain he was worried that something might overflow or even break, after all it would be Minho's job to fix everything again. Taemin stopped abruptly. He weighed whether it was the right thing to do now to go over and check if everything was fine with the animals and Minho, or whether Minho would see him as strange or even annoying. After all, Minho had only been just polite...right? Minho had unselfishly taken his mind off things and managed to give him more than just one smile last night.  

 

 

Taemin could not see much through the fence. The animals, it seemed, were all in their stalls. Only a few employees were outside working, but he could not see Minho among them.

 

He remembered Minho's words when he showed him which wagon was his. Indecisively, he stopped at the bars. 'This is silly.' he said to himself in his head, but his legs slowly but surely led him to the circus tent, which would open its magical gates again tonight and turn into a cabinet of fantasies.

 

A little apprehensive, not knowing who he would find, he pushed the curtain aside. He hoped with all his might not to meet the evil ringmaster who had called so angrily for Minho yesterday. His eyes widened in astonishment, however, when he caught sight of the familiar face.

 

But Minho was not cleaning up or feeding animals. He was hanging onto the trapeze, which swung relatively close to the ground, by one knee and spinning gracefully around on his own axis.

Taemin recognized that there were two identical silver necklaces dangling from Minho's neck, shining brightly.

 

Key sat on the floor and watched him do this. And the man, who had stepped out of the sphere yesterday, hoisting himself up on the trapeze with one arm as if it were the easiest thing in the world, gave him instructions and surveyed his every move.

 

Minho's upper body was shining with sweat and his face showed the utmost concentration. Minho had built up a broad back over the years and the ease with which he cleared away the hay was showing in the mass of his biceps.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter