Chapter 8

Can you smile?

We neared us the big house. The music could be heared like 50 feet away. I covered my ears as the music got louder and louder.

,,You ok Sunny?'' Hani asked beside me. I just nodded my head. Even though we just got here I already wanted to leave. I mean I didn't want to come in the first place but they convienced me to come as it would be a fun experience we would share. I followed them through the crowded, dancing, sweaty crowd. All dancing so close to each other like there would be no tomorrow. I just sqeezed through all of them trying not to touch anyone while passing which was impossible by the way.

,,Let's dance Sun hi'' IU said and grabbed my hands, shaking her hips to the beat. I awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do. I've never been a really good dancer.

,,Hoseok!"

I noticed a tap on my shoulder. ,,I'll be right back. I'll go grab something to drink. You want something?'' Hani asked, trying to overpower the speakers. I shook my head then she turned to IU signing if she wanted something to drink with her hands. IU shook her head too and just kept on dancing. Then she was gone. As I turned to IU again I just saw her leave too. What? IU you're leaving me too? I'm just here because of you. I don't even know all these people, I panicked.

,,Who invited this nerd?'' ,,Yeah, I know right'' I already heard them 'whisper' shout.

-

,,Jungkook I don't think it's a good idea. She is a sensitive girl and doesn't seem to have many friends. What might she think if it comes out? Do you think it will hurt her?''

,,Why? She should be honored that I spend my time on her. Speaking of her where is she?''

,,Maybe she won't come''

,,No way. That loser would do anything to pass''

,,Hey Taehyung'' Taehyung spun around to see Hani standing at the kitchen counter, eating a slice of pizza. ,,H-hey. W-when did you get here?''

,,Just a few minutes ago'' She said, taking out three bottles of beer and a water. She poured one beer in one of the red cups while still not putting her pizza slice down, almost spilling the drinks. ,,Let me help you'' Taehyung suggested, helping her pour in one cup of water. Taehyung opened the other two bottles and Hani thanked him as poured them into the cups. ,,Thanks... this one can stay in the bottle'' Hani took the cups, the beerbottle and walked ahead. Taehyung saw the other cup of water. ,,Hani you forgot your drink'' he said walking after her as he almost reached her she suddendy stopped. Taehyung bummed into Hani and she then accidently spilled the drinks in her arms on the person infront of her.

,,I'm so sorry. I- Sun hi?'' Taehyung tried to apologize to the person Hani poured over the beverages only to be surprised to see Sun hi there. Sun hi's grey oversized hoody was drenched in the fluid, making her scrunch her nose in disgust, smelling the scent of beer all over her. ,,I'm so sorry Sunny'' Hani apologized. ,,I wanted to bring you and IU something to drink''

,,It's okay'' she said. ,,I'll just walk out a bit'' Sun hi said but you couldn't hear her over the loud music. Hoping the scent would fade away. Hoseok took the now empty cups and walked back the the kitchen with Hani to throw them away. Hani glanced back at Sun hi and then at Taehyung who was looking at Sun hi disappearing in the crowd. ,,Hey Hoseok, do you think there is something going on between Taehyung and Sunny?'' Hoseok seemed clueless.

,,No why? Did she say anything? Does she crush on him?'' Hoseok grinned brightly. ,,Don't be silly. Sunny never had a crush before.. on anybody''

,,She seems to be the kind that would most likely keep it to herself like someone else I know. Even if... maybe she is afraid of how you would react... Except I doubt that she would be this obvious'' Hoseok mumbled the last sentence. His gaze dropping to the floor as Hani's gaze found Yoongi's, walking pass them, starring at him with such a loving gaze. ,,Hm..? Did you say something?''

Hoseok exhaled heavily ,,Nothing important''

-

Once Sun hi was outside she took a deep breath. Inside it smelled like sweat, alcohol mixed with a few different weakened parfum scents that didn't smell good together and somehow a bit after vomit that it suffocated her that she kinda felt glad to go outside. Now she was a walking beer bottle herself. She squat down at the end of the big pool, dipping her fingers in the glistening, cold water. A couple of footsteps neared Sun hi but she didn't mind. She just moved away a bit. She didn't think that the person would take a sit next to her. ,,Are you enjoying the party?'' She recognized his deep voice and just hummed in agreement while keeping her gaze on the pool. Although it was a lie and she would prefer a quiet place with a good book in her hand any day, still playing with the water.

 

,,Doesn't seem like it'' Taehyung said. She didn't want to admit that she would like to go home since she didn't want to look like a joy killler and just kept staring at the water. ,,By the way Jungkook is searching for you'' Sun hi didn't answer and stayed on her spot.

,,Well... this is nice too. Just sitting here with you'' Sun hi heard him say beside her after a while. She looked at his smiling self and could feel her heart beat beat faster, making her look away instantly. Her hair covering her face like usual.

 

,,Hey who do we have here? The bookworm" Jaejoon said as he and his friends noticed her. His breath reeking strongly of alcohol. With ever step closer it smelled more intense. Sun hi scrunched her nose is disgust. Jaejoon leaned his elbow on her shoulder to which Sun hi instantly stiffened uncomfortable but she didn't dare anger him.

,,But it doesn't seem like she's having fun" another one said putting on an insincere pout.

,,It's probably her first party"Kiyong saidshruggung his shoulders.

,,Here" Jaejoon handed over his red cup of Soju ,,Have a some" Persistently shoving his drink to Sun hi eventhough she denied multiple times as she pushed it back to him. ,,Come on it's nothing special. Everyone takes it and it makes you feel much better" Jaejoon sqeezed her shoulder daringly. ,,Try it! We can tell you already had some. You reek of beer so don't go around playing Mary" Sun hi felt extremly pressured. Jaejoon made her take the cup. She glanced in the cup with the clear liquid that looks like water but is much more dangerous. Knowing the bad effects alcohol has every somatic cell told her not to give in but some small part in her wanted to feel happy, be a part of society and be liked even if it's just for a moment.

,,Taste some. It may burn your throat first but it'll get better" Taehyung said. ,,If you don't like it you don't have to drink anymore" Taehyung said and took a sip himself.

Sun hi just continued staring in the cup for a while, struggling with herself. Just a few days she told her sister to not give in to peer pressure and to stand up for the things you believe even if you stand alone. She always wondered why people harm themselves by drinking, smoking, takin drugs. Everything that harms yourself even though you have the knowledge, just to be a part, belong to somewhere, to a group you may not even like. It takes a strong mindset to withstand and Sun hi questioned herself at the moment.

,,I'm fine'' Sun hi said and gave it back one last time before trying to leave them behind.

,,Yah" Suddenly Jaejoon grabbed on to her. He was holding her arms and the other ones were holding onto her feet as she started struggling to get free. Taehyung laughed along amused at the idea having a feew drinks himself but Sun hi didn't find it funny at all. She plead them to let her off since she wasn't the best swimmer out there and had no change of clothes.

,,Isn't it hot in that thick hoody? your face is all red"

,,How about a little refreshment?'' They stood next to the pool and swung her by the feet.

Until they heard running footsteps. ,,SUN HE CoME On. WE PLaYNg TrUT OR DArE" IU shouted and came running a bit tipsy. The boys let go of Sunhi so that she landed at the edge of the pool ahead and her right foot and arm in the pool just so they could catch or prevent IU from falling into the pool like a male lead would in dramas. IU stopped infront of the guys and they took a step back after she covered and made gaging noises. Jaejoon tripped on Sun Hi's leg and the guys tripped over too about to pull Sun hi along into the pool but Taehyung got a hold of her first.

 

Taehyung stared deeply into her eyes that it made Sun hi uneasy but it was a bit different this time. The guys fell into the water socking Taehyung and Sun hi on the ground and IU's leggs wet. But all Sun hi noticed was Taehyung removing the wet hair out of her face with both hands, tugging it behind her ear. The amused but warm smile that covered his whole face still remained. Hani and Hoseok were now outside too to fetch them when they saw the scene of Taehyung holding on to Sun hi, staring at her intensly before she pull away and got up again.

 

,,Okay, maybe there is something going on between them'' Hoseok shook his shoulder defeaded.

 

,,ArE yoU eXploRing AtlaNtis DoWn tHerE? TelL thE MermAiD I'm a beTTeR singer" IU yelled into the pool.

 

SPLAT