Chapter 1

Can you smile?

,,Hey Sunny, how were your holidays?'' IU asked as she sat down next to me. We're sitting in the canteen in our school. It's our first day of 11th grade. She's telling me what she did in her holidays and how amazing they were while I just sat there awkwardly stabbing my food. What should I tell her? Where should I start? Hm... let me think. My parents keep fighting although my dad tries to hide it like usual, I had to take the shifts of my colleagues at work too because one went on vacation to her hometown in thailand and the others had better things to do too so I was the one left and took all of their shifts in the restaurant, while learning and managing how my sister got home without getting on the nerves of my mother. Usually I work in the restaurant for five hours three times a week. But in th holidays I had to work 11 to 12 hours 5 to six times a week. That was so stressful. Unfotunately because of work I couldn't go to my little sisters Birthday and now she's mad at me.

I didn't realized that IU asked me something when suddenly somebody just screamed i my ear making me jump a little. But it brought me back to reality. Everyone was looking at us. I began to feel uneasy what IU noticed. She looked at the others and raised her voice up a bit:,,What? Stop staring and eat up!" everyone continued what they were doing and stopped paying attention to us. About what were you thinking that you got this distracted?'' she asked with a grin wiggling her eyebrows. Oh.. I know that look. Whenever she gives me this look she thinks it has somethink to do with a guy. I just rolled my eyes in my head. She was going to say something but got cut off by Hani's appearance. Thank you Hani.

,,Hey what's up?'' she asked sitting down beside me with her other best friend Hoseok on the other side of her. They talked until a certain group entered the canteen.

Jungkook and his friends entered the canteen laughing and enjoying themselves. As soon as Jungkook entered the canteen ith Tzuyu in his arms IU looked down on the table. ,,I can't believe you dated that moron'' Hani sneered annoyed at Jungkook. Making him glimpse at them. Hani glared at him ,,What?'' but Hoseok dragged her to her seat again. ,,Let it go! He isn't such a bad guy like you think'' Jungkook walked to his friend on the girls table.

,,You seriously protect him. I know you're friends but he hummiliated IU infront of the school, he s-...'' ,,I'm not a bad guy'' I glanced at the person who said that shocked shuting up making Jungkook wonder ,,What were you saying? I'm curious'' he said ears pointed in a mocking way since I usually keep quiet and avoid trouble at all cost. He laughed as I didn't reply back. ,,See? I knew the nerd here has nothing to tell like always. But I'm actually impressed I heard her voice not like the whisper we usually hear.beep beeep.... What a loser'' He continued making fun of me as he imitated a mouse. ,,Jungkook that's enough!'' one of his friends said.

Hani suddenly stood up ,,Shut the f up!'' she yelled at him. I got a hold of Hani before she could attack Jungkook keeping her calm my gaze still directed to the ground. ,,Looks like someone needs to learn who the man is'' Hani was ready to attack him again but I held her back.

,,Hani he's not worth it! And you! * I faced Jungkook* you raised your hand at IU when you broke up with her and you have the audacity to call yourself a man?'' I looked him in the eyes which rarely I do. ,,You're far away from being a man! And you will never be a man with that mindset of yours. No one who raises a hand at an innocent one is a man''

Jungkook and actually everyone at the table was surprised including me but I just grabbed IU and Hani and we head out.

My heart was beating fast. What did I just say? Why didn't I just stand up and leave or stay quiet? I'm sure going to reget it.

,,Wow, that was cool. I never expected that from you and seems like neither did they'' Hani put her arm around my shoulders and looked back. We head to the music room. We practice here whenever the people are in the canteen or somewhere else since 8th grade. Nobody knows that we play instruments and are kinda like a band. We keep it a secret and I want to keep it that way.We were about to go inside but then we heard that there was already playing someone. I was already on my way back but an arm held me back. I turned around and saw them looking at the door. I sighed and went back to the door and listened to the song. It wasn't bad.

,Who do you want to fool? They're amazing!' Yeah, yeah, they are good. Happy now? I know it sounds weird but from time to time I get in to a little dispute with my inner voice.

,I don't hear the music anymore! That means they are coming out any second' I began to freak out. And the next moment I hid behind a wall. I don't know why I always hide but that's the way I am.

I got back to reality and heard Hani and IU talking. They were talking to some boys. I've seen them talking to Hani and IU quite a few times but they have many boys crushing on them in this school and even on other schools that I don't remember all their faces. I didn't know I was staring at them behind the wall when somebody taped my shoulder while whispering ,,What you're doing?'' with a deep voice which startled me. ,,N-n-nothing'' I didn't even look up but I could hear him laugh ,Is he laughing at me?' Oh... that's so embarressing! I walked pass him and kept my face directed to the ground. I heard him laugh louder as I went to the bathroom. He must think I'm some kind of creep or something' Once I entered the bathroom I ruffled my hair frustrated. I hope he doesn't recognize me the next time and makes fun of me.

After school we went to IU's place. We went in and headed straight to her room.

,,Hey Sun Hi are you alright? After your outburst in school you were quiter then usual which says alot and you didn't want to practice'' Hani asked worried.

,,Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks'' I ansered lightly.

,,Good... What do we want to do now?'' IU asked and we all thought about it. After a while IU smiled weirdly. ,,How about we give Sunny a make over?'' she asked enthusiastically. OH no. That's not going to happen. What's so bad about my outfit anyway? I know Hani won't want to do that too! So.

,,Yes, Let's do it.Let's give her a complete new look'' I just stared at Hani confused and surprised. ,She never wanted to do such girly thinks but why now?'

,,Do I look that bad?'' I asked uncertain. Hani and IU exchanged glances then looked back at me. ,So that means yes' I just looked down.

,,No it's just you always wear clothes that are too big, your glasses don't match your faceshape and you let your hair get in the way falling in your beautiful face. You're so pretty why won't you show it?''

,,I'm not pretty. You're just saying it because we're friends'' I said in a whispertone but they heard me.

,,No, she doesn't. You are pretty! And don't argue with me. We just want to bring your inner beauty out and show it to people'' I just took a deep breath looking down and shrugged my shoulders. I can't say no, can I? ,Why can't you say no just once?

 

I wish I'd have said no.