Chapter 2

Can you smile?

IU gave me new clothes to change into. ,,My mom bought these but they are a bit too big for me. Also I don't like the pattern but maybe it suits you'' After I changed unmotivated she made me sit on the chair infront of her make up table but I wasn't allowed to glance in the mirror. So Hani covered it since IU said it would give it more power in the end if I don't see the process. But what's the deal about getting a make over and wanting to look good anyway? I mean if you're pretty then you belong to the popular ones. They are watched by everyone. If you look good then you'll be admired and loved by girls and boys but if for example they have a bad hair day they are the topic of discussion. Also I noticed that IU is being catcalled on streets. But if others don't find you attractive first but after the make over looks more attractive people will say you're an attention seeker or they suddenly get interessted in you just because of how you look.

She put make up all over my face and I kept thinking what is she doing? Also why does she have so much? Her whole table is covered with make up stuff but she doesn't even need it. She's already beautiful. I mean for what does she need brushes and sponges? Is she going to paint with acryl colour on her face? or why does she have like fifty lipsticks? She put my hair in a high ponytail and after 45min she was done. I know that because there was a clock on the table. Convenient. Hani uncovered the mirror and I looked in it shocked. ,That's me?'

I looked totally different. I always wear dark, comfortable, wide hoodies with dark pants, no make-up and hide behind my hair. Kinda the opposite of my name. But now I wore skinny sky blue-jeans that reached my waist and and a plain white T-Shirt with white patterns stiched on. My long ponytail reaches my . The outfit is pretty but I don't know. I just don't think it suits me and I kinda felt uncomfortable. It suits IU and Hani more.

,,Wow... you look gorgeous and you have a nice figure! Who would have thought?Do you like it? Doesn't she look super Hani?'' IU asked happy while staring at her friend. Hani smiled too. 

,,Yes, she does. If I were a boy I would totally fall for you. But... judging by your face you don't look so comfortable''Hani said observing me. IU looked at me sad.

,,Don't you like it?''

,,N-n-no. I like it. I'm just not used to it'' I said feeling guilty. I don't want to upset her.

,,Okay, then let's go''

,,G-go? To where?'' I asked not wanting to hear the answer.

,,Out!" IU grabbbed our arms and dragged us out the house and on the streets of Seoul. ,What have I gotten myself into?'

 

So here we are on the streets of gangnam. We were on our way to the DVD shop to look for a movie and then want to go to the supermarket to buy snacks and candys. The whole time I felt like everyone was staring at me. Hani and IU walked infront of me and were searching for a movie while argueing.

IU was a hopeless romantic kind of girl that likes to watch cheesy romantic lovey-dovey stuff while Hani on the other hand likes horror movies the best. I personally like neither of them. I hate cheesy romantic movies but I hate horror movies too. So they argue which kind we should watch. It's always the same. In the end we couldn't agree on a movie. so  one of us has to spin a little, has to walk through the store and point their finger on a DVD. That what we did and of course they all stared at us like we were crazy. What we are! So if anyone wasn't already looking at us they definately did now once IU bummed in a cart falling over it with a loud bang.

,,Hey couldn't you have catched me''

,,Sorry, you rani away so fast and then it happened already'' we helped her up and she chose boys over flowers. To judge by the title it sounded really cheesy to me but you shouldn't judge too soon. Now we are searching for all kinds of snacks. Hani was searching for salty snacks, IU the drinks and I searched for candys.

I took our regular candy's when I saw that at the bottom of the shelfs were foreign candy's. ,Hm...They must be newly introduced' I wanted to try something new so I stooped to the ground and took some Haribo's, Oreo's, Ferrero rocher and Hershi's. When I was about to grab the Hershi bar something was put on my back. I wanted to stand up but then someone whispered something too near for my liking what made me startle and freeze on the spot.

,,You should put that on. You got... uhm... something on your pants'' a deep voice said. It was a male voice. And before I stood up and spun around the person was gone.

I put the candy's aside and went to the washroom. I looked at my pants on the back and saw a small red area. I got my period without even knowing!. Oh my gosh. It's so embarressing! He saw it?!?! Since when did I get them? Was that why everyone was looking at me? So I didn't just imagen the looks the others gave me like IU and Hani told me. Oh my. Oh man. AHHHH! I screamed in my head. I put the black hoody on like the person told me ,Why did he do that? Why didn't he laugh at me? I don't even know who he is. How can I thank him? What's with the hoody? I don't know to whom I have to give it back to. I can't just keep it! thes questions and more kept going in my head. My face turned red in embarressment. I took the candy's and ran to IU and Hani.They just looked at the hoody confused and surprised wanting to know were I got it from. I told them I would tell them later and that we should go. We paid the things and went back to IU's house. As soon as we went inside Hani asked why I was in such a hurry to get back and where the h*** I got the hoody. I didn't want to tell them but they wouldn't let go. So I told them shyly. While telling them my cheeks began to burn in embarressment again.

,,You don't have to be embarressed. That can happen to all of us. And in fact you said you didn't see his face. Maybe he didn't see yours either. So why would you be uncomfortable about a guy you would probably not see again and even if you do then you won't notice since you don't know who it was'' Hani tried to calm me down. That helped a bit but nevertheless it's embarressing.I wish a black whole could come under my feet right now and eats me alive.

,,Yeah, it could happen to every girl, most likely you but it can happen to everyone... So don't worry'' I just burried my face into a pillow sighing. ,,But it's also so sweet. He's probably a good-lookig, funny, nice gentleman,...''IU began going into raptures. She always dreams and speaks about how she wishes to meet her future boyfriend/husband and bla bla bla bla. I like her but that topic is going on my nerves.Since she watched her first romantic drama she always speaks of how she will meet him and what kind of person he should be,... I wish her mother never showed her the stupid movie. She wants a good-looking, kind understanding gentleman and I asked myself many times how she ended up dating a mean little boy who likes to play with girls hearts. That's exactly the opposite of her dream guy. I never liked him and neither did Hani, not one bit. But na... whatever. Because they aren't together anymore. And she is doing fine now. They dated a month before summer break started and were only 3 weeks together before that stupid Jeon Jerkkook, ok Jungkook broke her heart infront of the whole school.Since then Hani and I hated him.

 

Flashback

IU was with us practicing and wanted to get something to drink for all of us. While she was away we continued practicing until we heard a loud sound. We rushed to see what happened. We saw a full crowd. We managed to get to the scene and found IU on the floor covering her cheek, crying. ,Did he just do what I think he did?' I was shocked and as I saw everyone was. I wanted to get back at that punk but I just helped IU up and brought her to the nurseroom so she could rest for a bit but I couldn't believe what I just heard. ,,That gold digger deserved it and now she's making me the bad guy? Such a con-artist-...'' he yelled. I didn't listen to him any longer. I spoke with the teachers and after school I checked o her. She stayed there the whole day crying over that mean boy. At break Hani and I saw that jerk smoking on the field. Hani went to him and said would be back in a minute. I wanted to stop her because there were rumours that he fights since he was 5 years. Normally I wouldn't pay attention to gossip but I thought they would propably speak about why why he did that. So I listened. ,If that's the case he must have hit her really hard.,You could have known that by the really loud noise not only because of the rumour, idiot' yeah yeah. You know I hate you, don't you? I said to my inner voice.

They say he can do Taekwando, Jiu-jitzu and muay thai and has reflects like a cobra and is as fast like a leopard. Meanwhile I was in thoughts I didn't realize Hani already went away.I looked for her and saw her next to Jungkook from afar. She was very angry but didn't show it much but I know her.For others she seems like she's annoyed but she balled her hand in fists behind her back that means she's ready to explode. They talked he leaned closer to her saying something I can't make up from the distance and then he got a hard punch in the stomach. He held his tummy and fell to the ground hurt. He didn't see that coming did he?

Somehow I feel feel sorry for him but somehow not.He kind of deserved it. My first thought were I'm being unfair since I didn't know what had happened betreen them but also seems like these rumors were so not true. I rushed to Hani and dragged her back in the building a soon as I saw him standing up.

End of Flashback

 

The movie was ok I think but I wasn't really interessted in the main couple. I liked Ga eul and Yi young.

It was getting pretty late and dark outside so Hani and I went home. After I got home, I took my shoes off. I got ready for bed then took the hoody off and changed into my pyjamas and drifted off to sleep.