Chapter 4

Can you smile?

,,That's great'' ,,That's terrible'' Hani and I answered at the same time.

,,You're joking right?" I asked in disbelieve, hoping IU was just joking, but IU was just standing there with a big smile plastered on her face, shaking her head.

,,I'm not doing it!"

,,Come on, Sun hi'' Hani tried. ,,Just think about it first''

But I didn't have to think about it, remembering all the moments I needed to perform infront of my class. Everytime I had to sing or perform an instrument infront of my class I felt really anxious that I always had the urge to throw up. The last time wasn't too long ago. I got sweaty hands and felt like throwing up. Luckily I did make it out in time, running off before I could puke infront of them. ,,I-I really can't''

,,Urg...Seriously? Again? We had gig's before but we had to cancel all of them because of you. Why did you even join this Band in the first place....'' IU said furious. Hani tried to calm her down as she saw her, trying to provent her from saying anything stupid. ,,IU. It's not a big deal. We know Sun hi is uncomfortable speaking yet alone performing infront of others. So just-...'

IU turned to Hani now, raising her voice. ,,WHY DO WE ALWAYS HAVE TO DO WHAT SHE WANTS? SUNHI CAN'T PERFORM, SUN HI ISN'T AS FAST AS WE ARE SO WE NEED TO SLOW DOWN,...SUN HI HERE SUN HI THERE'' IU then turned back to Sun hi ,,You know what Sun hi why don't you JUST QUIT THE BAND. WE CAN EASILY REPLACE YOU''  ,,LEE JI-EUN!!'' Hani now raised her voice at her too. ,,What? I mean what are we a band for...?'' ,,Yes we're a band. Still you don't talk to friends like this!" ,,Then convience her yourself'' IU and Hani argued now. 

,,She's right'' I got their attention now, seemingly surprised at my response. Breathing in deeply I shakingly continued. ,,I-I quit the band'' I said not looking up to meet their expressions and walked off with tears slowly filling my eyes, making everything a bit blurry. I opened an empty room and wiped away my tears with the sleeves of my hoody, trying to calm down. That's what they really think? Am I this easily replaceable? I hold them back.

When I calmed down I head to my locker to grab my books. Opening up my locker. There was a pretty bouquet in my locker. Is this really for me? I looked around. Maybe someone switched my locker with someone elses.

,,Hey... Wow. Who sends you flowers?''  I turned to the person talking to me. I just shrugged my shoulders ,,Did you get a secret admirer?'' Hoseok asked me teasingly with a smile. ,,Sure. And the earth is flat'' I sarcastically said softly under my breath. ,,Someone surely got the lockers messed up.... or they are for IU or Hani'' I took a post-it-note and pinned it at the bouquet. ,,Speaking of them. Did you see them? I couldn't find Hani... a-and IU'' he tried to safe himself but it was obvious. I didn't answer and then placed the bouquet on top of the lockers. ,,Aren't you gonna keep them?'' I shook my head and headed to class, parting ways with Hoseok.

,,Hey babe, did you like the flowers?'' On her way to class an arm threw itself on Sun Hi's shoulder. Sun Hi flinched immediately at the close proximity and touch. She threw his arm off her shoulder immediately ,,What do you want?'' she asked exhausted but straightforeword which Jungkook didn't expected neither did she. She just wanted to get this day over with ,,I know you're good in math. Help me nerd-*cough* I need your help in math or I'll fail''

,,Sorry'' She simply said and went on walking leaving him behind without another single word, surprising Jungkook. He just starred at her back as she went in her class.

,,What's wrong with that girl?'' Jungkook thought to himself, putting his head sideways ,,She's something different''

,,Jungkook, what are you doing infront of my class?'' Jungkook turned to his bestfriend.

-

,,Are you sure you're ok? Your face doesn't look like it''

,,I got in a fight with a friend'' IU told her friend Mirae, who was linking arms with IU.

,,With Hani? Is that why she isn't with you?'' IU tried to explain when Mirae spoke up again. ,,Isn't that Jungkook infront of our next class?'' IU glanced to the entrance door to her class. Jungkook was speaking to his friend Taehyung and then fished out a flat box, which looked pretty fancy.

,,Just give her these'' Jungkook said for the girls unaudible since they were standing a bit further away. ,,Maybe he's here to win you back'' Mirae said to IU. The thought about that possibility made her smile unknowingly. IU and Mirae made their way into class without them noticing.

,,I'm not doing this. You go give it to her! Don't drag me into this'' his best friend said. Jungkook just shoved the chocolates to him.

,,I have to go to class. Thanks man'' Jungkook ran as fast as he could to his classroom without the chocolates. They were now in his friends hands.

,,Yah, I said let me out of this'' he yelled after him. With a sighed he walked in class to the back, hiding the chocolates behind his back, past IU,who was sadly surprised and watched Taehyung on the way. Sun hi was looking down. Her hair covered her face but the sun beams right in her face. The wind lightly blew hair in her face. She covered her face more in her hair as the sun seemed to blind her.

-

In class I was sitting in the back trying not to borther anyone but my classmates still picked on me the minute I walked in by calling me names and throwing things at me. But I didn't care anymore. I was used to it.

I noticed someone taking the seat next to me, making me skid away discreetly as much as possible to the edge of the desk.

As the teacher walked in I slowly took my pencil and took notes but I didn't stay focused for long as IU's words kept repeating in my head. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them again a box laid on my notebook. I glanced at the person beside me briefly but ge was staring to the front at the teacher. I just slid the box back to him, took my notebook and placed it infront of me to remind me to take notes. But I couldn't concentrate. I glanced at IU but looked away again.

My seatmate slid the box back to me ,,These are for you. Someone wanted me to give it to you'' he said still facing the teacher not glancing back. Maybe he is annoyed that out of all girls he could give it to he had to give it to me?

,,For me?!" I asked bewildered, eyeing the box leery. It's probably a prank. I just took the box and opened it, facing away from me. I closed my eyes in reflex and was ready to hear something like a bang or something that exploded but nothing came.

,,What are you doing?'' the deep voice beside me asked in a whisper so the teacher wouldn't hear us. I opened my eyes and came face to face with a grinning Taehyung. I looked back at the box. There was nothing but chocolate in it. Of course he had to look in my direction when I make a total fool out of myself. But who would give me a gift and then such fancy chocolates?

,,N-nothing I-i just thought...'' I cut myself midsentence. I didn't want to look more pathetic then I already was. ,,Are you sure they are for me?''

,,Yeah, they are from Jungkook'' his smile faded and he faced the teacher again. So did I. I slid the box back to him.

,,Can you tell him thanks but no thanks. He has to look for someone else to tutor him'' I could feel his glance on me but I kept my focus on the lesson.

 

At home I already heard my parents argueing. I was on my way to my room when my mother left the kitchen and saw me by the staircase. I wanted to open my mouth to ask her if she was alright but she just shouted at me angrily ,,WHAT?!" and bummed my shoulder hard as she passed me with her angry but cold, hateful eyes.

,,Oh, you're home. Come eat. lunch is ready...Are you alright?'' but I just left to my room closed the door behind me. I cried and cried but stopped myself after a while and did what I usually did when my emotions overwhelmed me. I take all my emotions and feelings by writing them down. While writing I feel like I have the control of myself. It's a way for me to express myself whenever there is something on my heart. At some point I drifted of to sleep, the stains of my tears still visible and rolled up in a ball.