The horizon

AYA- AFTER YOUR AWAKENING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar stood at the balcony of her palace while wearing a tunic with the symbol of the Moon tribes.

A huge crowd was looking at her with sympathy and sad eyes.

Wheein and Hwasa were next to the queen to. give her the strength to go ahead with her task.

Inhaling and exhaling, the long black-haired gorgeous woman spoke:

 _____ My Byul-Yi...._____ She paused immediately and Wheein caressed her shoulder.

Pressing the priestess's hand, the queen restarted:

 _____ Our Byul-Yi told me the plans and dreams she had for our people...You. But she had no time to talk to you. So I'm gonna share her wishes.

Once again the queen and general lost words and she gulped before speaking.

_____ Separately, the Moon and the Sun tribes are extremely strong. However, you've just proved your invincibility as a group. And this is what my love, my soulmate envisioned. So now, I'd like to suggest that you join forces forever. Not to defend a leader but to grow as one big nation.

The crowd started speaking on top of one another and Solar gave them time to process her words.

Then she continued her speech:

_____ It's too painful for me. I can't continue living in these lands. So I'm taking my love for a last adventure. Form a group and discuss the best person to lead the Moon and Sun tribes in a fair way. Or form a counsel to represent all of you. Learn to live for the people and by the people. Our nations reached great things. Although through some questionable behavior. The soldiers followed their generals while Byul-Yi and I followed our blood.

_____ Our Majesty...Won, 't there be a funeral?_____ Someone asked from a distance.

Swallowing her dry saliva, Solar sighed before responding:

 _____ There will be a farewell. But it won't be here. I'm sorry. She deserves to see the ocean. I know she would like that. This is my last time speaking as the queen. May your future be unfortunate. Goodbye.

The people outside listened to those words in silence and the crowd slowly dispersed.

Solar walked inside the castle and met not only Moonbyul's but her own men of trust.

She signed a document giving the lands to her people and organized other things with them.

____ Are you sure this is the best decision, Queen Solar?____ One of Moonbyul's assistants asked with sadness in his eyes.

Exhaling, the black-haired one replied:

_____ I can see you loved her too. So I hope you understand that Byul-Yi changed. And thanks to her, so did I. Although we did horrible things in the past, we didn't care about power anymore. If I stay, the enemies will keep coming for revenge. The Moonsun nation can grow and become stable from now on. Seek for peace. But also reinforce the territory.

_____ The last wish of our supreme leader has become our personal wish. Good luck in your new life.______ The man declared while bowing to the queen.

Hwasa held Solar's shoulder and murmured:

____ Come with me, sister. You need to rest.

A bit surprised, the black-haired young woman glanced at the girl who one day betrayed Moonbyul.

_____ Sister?

The queen without a realm said with some hesitation.

 _____ You saved me and my sister saved you. I'd like to be your family from now on.

Smiling, Solar pressed the girl's arm with tenderness and nodded affirmatively:

_____ You are right. We are family.

Wheein observed the duo for a little while and then she walked inside the chamber where Moonbyul was being kept.

Ajal was lying beside the blonde's body and the priestess smiled when the beautiful animal glanced at her.

_____ You know it all, don't you?

The tiger blinked and kept watching the mysterious young woman preparing Moonbyul for the funeral.

____ x ____

Solar rested for 6 hours and then, she stood up and said goodbye to most of her people.

Only 20 soldiers had permission to march along with her to the shore.

Besides them, Wheein's protection squad followed them closely.

The priestess informed her guards that she would celebrate Moonbyul's funeral and watch Solar's ship departing before they could all get back home.

The small group rode to the east before the sunrise and arrived at the bay two hours later.

Solar's men carefully carried the former general of the Moon tribes on board and the three women followed them.

Ajal sat beside Moonbyul's body and stayed there during the whole ceremony. 

Wheein prayed in 5 different dialects and used a sacred oil on the blonde's feet and forehead.

They all had been on the ship for over 30 minutes when someone started shooting.

The priestess soldiers panicked for a split second but made a barrier in front of her.

Solar's soldiers were used to fight against blades or fists. So they glanced at their leader seeking guidance.

An extremely tall male got on board and soon 40 of his men followed him.

Pointing at Wheein, the man said:

_____ The witch is ours. Surrender or we'll have no mercy.

The cute girl saw her soldiers shaking and struggling to have a reaction.

When the oldest succeeded at stepping ahead, Wheein spoke:

_____ My life is not better than others. Go back to the sacred city.

_____ But my lady..._____ Some of them protested.

 _____ This is an order. I won't be disrespected by any of you._____ The girl exclaimed and her dark makeup suddenly made her seem really intimidating.

______ Wise girl._____ The enemy laughed be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter