đŸŒŒ- 5 - đŸŒŒ

Wildflower.

The walk to the hospital was silent for the two. It’s nothing strange, since Tzuyu wasn’t known to be very talkative, but it was weird how Momo wasn’t, either. Tired of the tense atmosphere, Momo finally spoke, “I heard Mina’s with Chaeng, I wonder how that’s going for her, poor thing must be dying of embarrassment being around her 24/7 huh, Chu?” 

Tzuyu side-eyed her but couldn’t hide her tiny smile. “She’s reckless, I’m sure. She can’t even handle being alone with her for half an hour, so I don’t think she’s okay. It’s funny to think about,” she said, trying her best to joke around, and make the air thinner. But of course, she still couldn’t help but be a little bit savage. Momo grinned, glad Tzuyu was in a decent mood.  

Momo’s smile dimmed, however it still stuck, as she said worriedly, “I just hope she won’t be back there for a while. She’s been having trouble with her stress a lot lately, I’m not surprised she ended up in the hospital again, after suddenly passing out during lunch. She needs to stop pushing herself- what an idiot, seriously,” Momo trailed, looking up at the sky as she finished her sentence.  

Tzuyu looked at her seriously, but her gaze softened a bit. “She’ll be okay. We had finals, but they’re over now, and we have a break soon. She can relax. We all can,” Tzuyu finished, noticing the hospital that’s not very far now. 

Momo saw it too, and said, “Is that the hospital there?” 

“I wonder. What else could it be?” Tzuyu rolled her eyes at Momo, scoffing. 

“I dunno, a giant, fancy building with a bunch of people in blue nurse gowns running around in it? I’m sure there's some non-hospital buildings that have that, too, right?” Momo said doubting herself, scratching her head in confusion. You’d nearly think she was being serious- wait... was she? 

“Pabo,” Tzuyu mumbled before they reached the door, opening it for herself and in the last minute, closing it in Momo’s face.  

“Hey! What was that for, Tzuyu-yah?!” Momo glared, opening the door, and quickly trailing behind the fast-paced brunette. “Wait up- Tzuyu!” Then she noticed the lady at the desk, looking at them amusedly. Momo blushed, saying, “Oh, hey, um- do you know where room 203 is? For Son Chaeyoung?” 

The lady nodded, and asked, “Could I please get your names?” 

“Mo-”  

“Hirai Momo, and Chou Tzuyu,” Tzuyu interrupted her, her face turning into a barely noticeable, sly smile, ignoring Momo’s death glares.  

The lady at the desk laughed nervously, and said, “Very well, Ms. Hirai and Chou, up the stairs and to the right, you should find it if you keep walking along the hall, straight.” They both bowed and began walking to the stairs, the desk lady seeing the girl with bangs softly hit the taller girl on the back of the head. She laughed. What a week, she thought. 

On the way there, Momo and Tzuyu passed the waiting room, where they noticed three sleeping girls. Two of them were nearly cuddling, they noticed, and one was asleep by herself with a small pillow under her neck. Momo instantly recognized two of them; one was her dormmate, and the other was her dormmates girlfriend. Well, not girlfriend, but soon-to-be, Momo thought and smiled smugly. 

Momo didn’t mind that she was in public, and she shouted, “DAHYUNNIE, MINA! WAKE UP! IT’S TIME TO GO!” Tzuyu cringed at her best friend and dormmate but laughed at the once sleeping girls’ reactions. 

Mina jumped out of the chair, hand on her heart and breathing unsteady, looking around the room in panic to find out what that thing was, that was possibly threatening her life. She relaxed once she saw Momo and Tzuyu, but then instantly glared at Momo, but then looked at the other two that were once sleeping, feeling guilty even if she wasn’t responsible. 

Sana instantly jumped up, her head hitting Dahyun’s chin, probably leaving a decent bruise on the poor Tofu.  

At the sudden contact with her now aching chin, Dahyun’s closed eyes squinted even more, falling flat on the floor, still laying there, eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling. She just needed a moment to process what just happened. 

Sana bent down and held out her hand, feeling bad about hurting Dahyun. She looked at her expectantly, and Dahyun then turned her gaze to Sana, and she wouldn’t lie, she thought she was dead. She thought she was dead and in heaven, but when she realized she wasn’t, she grabbed onto Sana’s hand and let herself be pulled up. 

“Sorry, Dahyun-ah, I just got so startled,” Sana stared at Dahyun guiltily. Dahyun looked back at her, and smiled, rubbing her chin slightly. 

“Don’t worry Sana-unnie, won’t even leave a mark!” Dahyun grinned at Sana, while the latter smiled back, and let go of her hand, suddenly aware of the others in the room. Momo looked at them weirdly, like analyzing them, while Tzuyu and Mina just had a knowing look, but then looked back at Momo and shook their head at her.  

Momo, with a guilty smile, said, “I’m hungry. You guys start helping Chae pack, and I’m gonna go get food, okay? Great! Bye!” She quickly rushed away, avoiding the stares from the other, mostly angry people in the room. 

After the girl disappeared behind a hallway, the other girls in the room sighed, and looked at each other. Mina said, “Tzuyu, Dahyun, let’s go start helping Chaeyoung pack, she’s leaving today, remember?” 

“Of course, Mina, why else would I be here,” Tzuyu said sarcastically, but smiled at them. Dahyun nodded, then turned to Sana. 

“Unnie, I have to help them, I’ll come see you later, okay? Before I leave, I mean,” She sheepishly smiled at the sweet girl. Sana smiled back and nodded, before Dahyun and the rest of them walked away, leaving Sana alone. 

Sana decided to go visit her grandmother in room 208 in the meantime. 

 

--- * --- 

 

When Sana got there, Sakura was barely awake. Sana quickly went to her side, and said “Hey Nana, I’ll bring flowers for you tomorrow, okay? Since it’s the weekend, I’ll get you the best smelling ones, hand-picked, okay?” 

Sakura smiled lightly at her, eyes barely resting on her granddaughter’s figure. “Sana-chan, darling, I know how hard you’ve been... working,” She began. “You’re so grown up, dear, I’m so proud of you...” she trailed off, eyes threatening to close. Sana just sighed, smiling at her Nana. 

“I know, I know I have. You have too, Nana. Look at you now, in a room, surrounded by beautiful flowers- just like what you’ve always wanted. I just want you to stay with me, Nana, please. Please don’t leave me. Don’t leave me, like how they did. I need you,” Sana’s voice broke, and a tear fell down her cheek, but she didn’t even notice, staring at her grandma with dull eyes. No stars. No life. 

“Oh, dear Sana, you don’t need me,” Sakura said, her smile widening. Sana didn’t know what she meant by that. Of course she needed her; she was her nana! She loved her with all of her heart, and she knows she’d be broken without her. Hearing those words just broke Sana more. She could barely bare looking at her nana in this state, but hearing those words? It was like Sakura accepted it. Sakura accepted her fate. Hearing those words, was like Sana accepting that she would be gone soon. She didn’t want to accept that. She couldn’t. 

“W-what do you mean, Nana? Of course I need you! You’re the only thing I have...” She trailed off, not baring looking at Sakura anymore, her gaze instead lifting to the wilting flower in the corner of the dimly lit room, with baby pink walls and a tv that’s been untouched for months. The room was full: it was full of flowers, both young and old- both fresh and wilted. But it felt empty. There was no life in it, other than the flowers. Not even Sakura could fill that life anymore. Not even Sana. 

“You’ll understand, dear. I have to sleep now, Sana-chan. I love you, and I’ll never forget you, always remember that,” Sakura trailed, eyes shutting, only hearing Sana’s words before she fell into yet another deep sleep. 

“Please, don’t leave me, and let me have the chance to forget you.” 

 

--- * --- 

Dahyun was walking around, looking for Sana. It had been around half an hour, and they were already nearly done packing since Chae only stayed for a few days. She checked the waiting room- no Sana. She checked the cafeteria, the main lobby, the other waiting rooms- but none of them had Sana. She then knew where she was. Room 208. She had to be. 

As Dahyun was walking down the hall, she got a bad feeling. She shouldn’t peek into the room, it’s Sana’s privacy, after all. But she heard soft sobs, and that got her motivated. 

She looked into the room, just a little peek, and she saw Sana, tears rushing down her face, her hand in Sakura’s hand, while Sakura’s eyes were closed shut, in a deep sleep. Dahyun felt tears well in her own eyes, but before she could leave, she heard Sana mutter, 

““Please, don’t leave me, and let me have the chance to forget you.” 

Tears fell freely down Dahyun’s face, as well as Sana’s, and she decided that was enough. She quietly closed the door, and quickly walked down to the waiting room, deciding she’d rather wait there for Sana instead of peeping.  

Dahyun heard soft footsteps and wiped her tears.