đŸŒ»- 4 - đŸŒ»

Wildflower.

“I think she fell asleep,” Dahyun softly mumbles, glancing at Sana before motioning to the door, “Are you tired yet?” 

“Yeah, actually, I’m a bit drowsy,” Sana giggles, then grabs Dahyun’s hand and leads them out the door down the hall to the waiting room. The hallway is dark and eerie, but for some reason, it wasn’t quite as dark with each other. They noticed but didn’t say anything about it and opted to enjoy the calm quiet of the empty hall.  

When they eventually get to the waiting room, they sit next to each other, and Sana instantly rests her head on Dahyun’s shoulder; it could almost be a habit now, but she wouldn’t think that, not now. 

After a while of comfortable, calm silence, Sana spoke. “Dahyun-ah, tell me about yourself, please,” her voice came out in barely a whisper, but Dahyun heard. 

“Well, I’m in college right now, and I live with three roommates in my dorm. Don’t tell them I said this, but they’re...” Dahyun whispered this last part, “so messy... it’s hard to find the floor sometimes.” 

Sana giggled, and said, “That sounds rough, Dahyun-ah, I wish you the best with that, hehe. What’s your major?” 

“Thank you, unnie, your words give me hope,” she said dramatically, putting a hand on her chest, squinting at Sana. “I major in writing, actually. And minor in music history. What about you, unnie?” 

“I’m in college, too. I’m in my senior year, though, so I’m almost done, but to be honest, I’m a bit behind, because of... obvious reasons...” she trailed off, looking at the glass windows instead of the striking eyes next to her, listening intently. 

“Your grandma... I don’t mean to pry, and it’s okay if you don’t want to say, but what happened?” Dahyun asked hesitantly, eyeing the seemingly bright girl cautiously. She wasn’t as bright in this moment, though, thinking about her grandmother. Sana’s eyes darkened and she frowned oh so slightly, but Dahyun noticed it. She immediately felt guilty, and said, “It’s okay, really, if you don’t want to talk about it. I respect that.” 

“It’s okay Dahyun-ah. Maybe tomorrow? I... I-I just don’t want to think about it now, you know? I want to enjoy talking to you, and know you before you know me, just yet. You know, keep my ‘mysterious aura,” she lightly giggled, eyes darting to the raven haired girl next to her, who had a small smile at what Sana said, before sighing and leaning her head back on her shoulder, almost glaring outside at the world. Dahyun also sighed lightly, but leaned her head on Sana’s, switching her gaze to the marble floor below them. 

“It’s okay, but you can tell me when you’re ready. I’ll be waiting,” Dahyun said sincerely, before closing her eyes. Sana looked at her for a few seconds and did the same, closing her eyes and letting herself drown in the younger’s scent. "I want to know more about you, Sana-unnie. You're interesting," Dahyun trailed off, feeling more and more sleepy by the second. 

"And you will, Dahyun-ah. Just wait for me."

 

----- * ------ 

 

“So you’ll be discharged tomorrow, right Chae?” Mina asks, staring at the cub intently, hoping for the answer she wanted.  

The nervous cub gulped, and said, “Y-yeah, that’s what they said, at least. And from what I know, that’s the plan. I guess tomorrow we’ll start packing up my stuff with the others, and my dormmates should be coming too to help,” Mina smiled widely, and hugged Chaeyoung carefully, not wanting Chaeyoung to exert too much energy before she’d be going back tomorrow.  

“I’m glad. I’m really glad you’re okay, Chaeyoung. You had me so worried,” tears welled silently in Mina’s eyes, but she didn’t show Chaeyoung. At least she tried not to, but Chaeyoung saw, and lifted her thumb to gently wipe away the tears that did spill over. 

The two stayed like that, in a quiet, comfortable silence, just hugging each other, glad that they’re okay, the noise of the tv fading into the background, and only soft snores could be heard from Chaeyoung, Mina being calmed at the sound. 

Eventually, Chaeyoung fell into a deep sleep, and Mina not wanting to wake her up, decided to carefully unlatch herself from the cub’s hold and walk down to the waiting room to sleep, where Chae told her to.  

Mina walked in the waiting room, knowing that Dahyun was going to be there, and probably Sana, her new friend, too, but she didn’t expect to see them nearly cuddling each other. Mina just smiled, shaking her head, but didn’t bother the two. She was happy, seeing Dahyun so calm again. It’s been a while, she thought. Normally Dahyun didn’t have calm sleeps anymore. 

She silently sat down a couple seats away from Dahyun, and looked out the window at the stars, letting herself get more and more drowsy by the second. The only sound to be heard in the room was the quiet buzzing of the dim lights in the hallway. 

--- * ---

Meanwhile, the next morning back at Chaeyoung and Dahyun’s dorm, there were clothes flying all over the place in a violent battle between Momo, and her dresser. She struggled finding her heavy jacket since it was below freezing outside. “What the hell?! Tzuyu, have you seen my jacket!?” 

“No, you probably lost it. Not my fault, I guess,” Tzuyu said, just loud enough for Momo to hear, and calmy walked out of her room to shower, but Momo noticed what she was holding. Her jacket. 

“Tzuyu, you evil Yoda, get back here now!” Momo yelled, running and tackling the poor tzuyu down to the floor, grabbing her jacket in the process.  

Tzuyu pushed her off her and said, “Got you, that’s not your jacket. It’s a fake.” 

“Wha- h-how??! It’s literally my jacket, Tzuyu, it has my stickers on it and everything!” Momo said, confusedly looking back and forth between the jacket and Tzuyu, while the latter held her poker face. 

“You’re right, tricked you again, haha. I have to shower now, sorry if I take too long,” Tzuyu said, slyly smiling at the enraged Momo.  

“Whatever, lets just hurry and get ready or we’ll be late,” Momo sighed, giving up.