🌾- 15 - 🌾 The Deal- Pt. 2

Wildflower.

Chaeyoung grimaced when Momo and Tzuyu told her the news about Dahyun going out to meet Sana. God damn it, stupid tofu, now I have to confess or else I owe you food for a whole YEAR. So unfair. 

She blindly threw on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, before throwing on some combat boots and running out the door. The competitive side of her really got the best of her, because she definitely wasn’t thinking, and was just acting on reflex. Her reflexes to not go bankrupt. 

As she rushes over to Mina’s apartment, the sharp wind brushes against her face, tearing the competitive aura from her, leaving only regret in its wake. Oh god. She was at Mina’s steps. What the hell is she thinking? 

Before she could turn around, though, she hears a doorknob slowly turning. Chaeyoung slowly faces Mina’s door, and her face turns an even deeper shade of red than before. 

“Chaeyoung? What are you doing here? Oh my god, its cold, come inside, dummy!” Mina instantly forgets to question Chaeyoung as she notices her red face, and scolds the cub, grabbing her hand and dragging her into her warm apartment, closing the door behind her to defend against the cold. Mina tells Chaeyoung to sit on the couch, before she herself rushes into the kitchen to fix them both some warm tea.  

Chaeyoung sits there awkwardly, staring at the floor, twiddling her thumbs. When Mina eventually returns with some tea, she asks again, “What were you doing standing outside my apartment in the cold, idiot? Is there something wrong? Are you okay?” Mina’s face turned from questioning to concerned, and she felt around Chaeyoung’s face and neck with her warm hands, making Chaeyoung completely forget that she was in the cold just a few minutes ago, but her cheeks were still burning just as red, if not even darker than before. Mina got even more worried, while Chaeyoung couldn’t think of anything but Mina’s hands on her. 

Chaeyoung snapped out of it when she felt Mina’s hands leave her face, and instead replaced by Mina’s firey eyes looking at Chaeyoung’s intimidated, flustered ones. “I’m okay, really, I just uh, you know, um, really needed to talk to you about something. It’s important,” Chaeyoung stuttered, eyes leaving Mina’s, staring at the floor. Mina’s eyes stayed on Chaeyoung, though, and she unconsciously took Chaeyoung’s chin in her hand, making her stare into her own eyes. Chaeyoung gulped, forcing her eyes to stare into Mina’s. 

“What is it, Chae? You can tell me, but it looks like it’s really stressing you. Are you really-” 

“Can I kiss you?” Chaeyoung asks dumbly, eyes gazing dazed into Mina’s. 

Mina’s eyes widened, and she backed away ever so slightly to get a better look at Chaeyoung’s face. Chaeyoung realized what she said, and instantly backed away even more, embarrassed, before saying, “I, um- I'm sorry, it just kind of slipped out, that’s not what I meant. I mean I did mean it, cause I kind of do wanna kiss you, but like, uh, it's cool if you don’t want to?” 

Mina’s mouth slowly curved into a smile, as she stared at Chaeyoung amusedly. Chaeyoung stared back, before her eyes darted away anywhere but Mina, seeing as the growing tension and quietness got to the best of her. 

Mina grabbed Chaeyoung’s chin again, and slowly pulled her face closer. Chaeyoung felt the familiar squirm in her chest, and closed her eyes out of habit, lips quivering in anticipation. Mina stared at her instead of closing the distance, teasing the poor cub. Chaeyoung couldn’t take it anymore and closed the gap between them. 

Mina’s eyes widened in shock, before closing again, enjoying the senses Chaeyoung gave her. She felt her soft lips on hers, moving together out of order, before finally becoming in sync. Their heartbeats raced, and their faces turned crimson. Mina latched onto Chaeyoung’s lower lip, trying to convey as much as she could into the kiss, because if she was being honest, Mina loved Chaeyoung. She’s known for a long, long time, and was waiting for Chaeyoung to say something, because Mina knew that she wouldn’t have the confidence to admit to Chaeyoung herself. 

Mina smiled into the kiss, and Chaeyoung smiled back. She’d never felt like this, that was easy to say, because she’d never kissed someone, though that might be surprising. Chaeyoung had a lot of issues with anxiety, and she’d often have times where it became too much for her, and she’d end up in the hospital countless times. At least the woman at the counter knew her well, so it wasn’t too bad. Jihyo was a good person, and even gave her candy when she had an especially bad visit. 

But with Mina, Chaeyoung felt as though she could give everything to the ballerina. Even in the way Mina kissed her, she was elegant and beautiful, though Chaeyoung had her eyes closed, she could just- feel it. That’s something that drew Chaeyoung in, was how elegant and sweet and soft the girl was, though at first she was really closed off to her. But Chaeyoung kept persisting, and she doesn’t regret a second of the time she spent trying to befriend the girl. 

Eventually, they finally parted, resting their foreheads on each other, hands interlocked. Chaeyoung opened her eyes first and took in Mina’s appearance. Her eyebrows were furrowed; cheeks were flushed and some of her black hair stuck to her face. In moments like these. Chaeyoung loved to admire the girl, even though it sounded kind of creepy, honestly. But now that the feelings they had were verified, and even shared- she didn’t mind it, and let herself look on without feeling embarrassed. 

Mina opened her eyes next and was immediately left to stare into Chaeyeong's. Her short, brown hair was messy, and her lips swollen, though she still looked perfect in her eyes. Chaeyoung grinned, dimple finding its way to her cheeks before she took herself out of Mina’s comforting hold. Mina watched her as she got up, walking over to the tv, turning it on.  

“So anyway, now that that’s sorted out, wanna play videogames and chill, Minari?” 

“Pfft, whoever loses buys the other food,” Mina smiled widely, lovingly gazing at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung’s grin fell, and Mina looked at her confused and concerned. 

“Please no, I already have a bet about buying someone food. How about whoever wins...” Chaeyoung put her finger up to her chin, deep in thought. Mina giggled at the sight.  

“Whoever wins, gets a kiss,” Chaeyoung’s grin returned, and Mina faked rolling her eyes, before muttering ‘ert’, but ultimately, although bashfully, agreed to the terms.  

Chaeyoung got two controllers, and sat back beside Mina on the couch, leaning her head on Mina’s shoulder before the two got immersed into the game.