chapter eight

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

this is a continutaion of their hang out, this was originally supposed to be hyeyulyen but because it is ssamu's birthday this is all about her. enjoy y'all this is rushed so please bear with me wkwkwk :> oh and HAPPY CHAEWON DAY! 

...

“See that Yul? That was for you.” Hyeseok brags, sitting down next to the lass then drapes an arm over her cockily only causing the other lad beside the girl to scoff in annoyance. He might not be looking at them, but he sure as hell pissed at his own brother.

 

“Congrats for knocking down seven pins, didn’t know you had it in you.” Yehan said, sarcasm was clearly evident in his voice and there was no hiding the hostility that came with it. As a matter of fact, he wants his brother to see through it perfectly. Immature, but he thinks he has a perfectly valid reason to act like this.

 

He’s been holding himself back for years, burying the irritation, the anger, the vexation he feels about his brother but now that he’s starting to notice a thing or two about the way Yuri acts around the two of them, he couldn’t help it.

 

He just can’t accept it, if his intuitions are right.

 

“Sure whatever you say gutter boy, at least I’m actually earning points and not throwing the team.” Hyeseok retorted back, with the same tone and manner. Yehan was all the more ready to throw a fist straight in his face, but with Wonyoung tugging his arm with an expression that tells him that she isn’t liking any of this even a bit he once again held himself back.

 

The light haired guy took a deep breath in, slouching on his seat as he shuts the voices around him. He could hear Yuri’s faint voice scolding the older, but he couldn’t care less anymore. Which to him, was a relief.

 

Because there’s nothing more that he wants to do other than to stop caring.

 

“Your turn, get up.” Then he was called out for him to take his turn, he easily scored a strike impressing everyone with his out of the blue strike given that he hasn’t been doing well during the early rounds.

 

“Well looks like you found your footing, that was a nice release I’d give you that but you’re not even close to my level.” Saku commented as he clapped followed by the others to which he ignored. Walking back to his seat, an evident frown was painted on his face, and when he sat down he decided to set quite a distance between him and Yuri, when he did, the latter was confused.

 

“Hey, you did great.” Yuri complimented him, but all she got from him as a reply was a mere nod. He didn’t even look at her, instead all she got from him was a nod before excusing himself to the bathroom. Her eyes followed his back until he disappears from her view, she bit her lower lip bothered but quickly brushed her worries aside when Hyeseok sneaks his arm around her waist averting her attention to him.

 

“Just let his dramatic be.” He whispered on her ear as a joke, but Yuri didn’t take it that way. Her eyebrows furrowed as she pushed his shoulder away, she then glared at him before standing up to follow Yehan to the bathroom.

 

Yuri didn’t give a damn if this was the men’s bathroom, she got inside she found Yehan splashing his face with water. The lass leaned against the door as she reaches for the knob to lock the bathroom so she could confront him without anyone interrupting.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” With her rough melodic voice ringing in his ears, Yehan rests his hands on the sink as he huffs a deep breath with his eyes still closed. His heart began to beat erratically just by hearing her voice that’s how greatly she affects him.

 

“Nothing I’m just having a really bad day. What are you doing here? This is the men’s bathroom.” He replied curtly while wiping his hands and face with a paper towel, though he’s well aware that Yuri knows better than that he’s still hoping she would just drop the topic already and leave.

 

“Bad day my . What is the deal with you really?” She walked towards him and crossed her arms, she raised one brow waiting for him to utter a response but he kept silent as he stared at his reflection on the mirror.

 

He takes in a deep breath before turning to face her slowly to lock eyes with her. She was lured in his bewitching stare, and a few seconds later he blurted out what was really going on in his mind.

 

“Sure Hyeseok likes you, or maybe even loves you.” Yehan closes in until their toes were just touching. They held a staring contest for a minute before pulled her waist and eliminates the gap between them.

 

“But I know for a fact that my feelings for you are far deeper than his.”

 

 

“What’s up next?” Yujin said, after two and a half hours of bowling they decided to end the match with a draw, 2-2 and go do something else. The triplets looked at each other beaming before rushing towards the other side of the bowling alley where a roller skating alley is built.

 

The two cousins gasped in awe once they entered the alley, there’s not much people in here leaving them with a lot of empty space to freely skate at. The whole crew went to change their shoes into rolling blades.

 

Everyone was getting cheery and enthusiastic except for one, Saku noticed Minju smiling uncomfortably while watching the rest of the crew talk about how excited they are to be skating even telling a few stories from their childhood.

 

He walked and stood next to her, patting her head so as to catch her attention. Her smile transitioned into a happy one when she saw him.

 

“Skating isn’t your thing?” Minju shook her head shyly.

 

“This is my first time.” He chuckled then pats her head dearly. She blushed at his action then turns away in attempt of hiding her flushed face.

 

“I’ll guide you, don’t worry.” He says cooly, and with that Minju was suddenly looking forward to skating with him. It took them ten minutes to prepare, of course they wouldn’t start without having to argue with each other but thankfully Wonyoung was able to shut the triplets off and now they’re headed to the alley.

 

Minju was holding Saku’s arm tightly, afraid that one small mistake she will slip even though the lad assured her that he won’t let that happen. It did help at first, but upon wearing the roller blades she was back to square one.

 

“Ah!” The beauty yelps when she takes one step too far. Thankfully for her, the lad was there supporting her back with his arm. He laughed lightly, amused with her reaction and she was so embarrassed she hid her face in her left.

 

“Stop laughing!”

 

“I’m not! Come on, it’s not that hard. Just follow my step.” Minju refuses to let go of the railings as she was afraid, she was even begging him to just let her wait at the lobby while she lets them do their thing. Saku told her no of course.

 

“Minju come on.” He said with a soft voice but it was to no avail.

 

“Hey look at me.” Saku brushed her right hand from covering her face then lifted her chin, she was pouting when she looks at him because he was wearing his mischievous teasing smile.

 

“Don’t you trust me?” He asked her a question that’s rather serious.

 

“Of course I do.” Her pout deepens when she answered that and Saku ruffled her hair, feeing good with the response he received.

 

“Good, now let me do my thing and just follow. Okay?” Having left with no choice, Minju nodded her head and slowly lets go of the railings. With that, the two of them began moving and little by little Minju started to ease up with his help.

 

Together they skate and as they did, they completely forgot about everyone else.

 

 

Saku glanced behind him, to his surprise he found Yehan and Chaewon skating together with the lass holding on to his arms as the youngest triplet drags her around. She was laughing and smiling so wide that he was irked to see her like this, he doesn’t know where it’s coming from but somehow anger just started building up inside him.

 

He kept his eyes on them, watching the two together. He was holding himself back, but when Yehan held Chaewon close to him by her waist he suddenly dashed towards them completely forgetting that he was accompanying Minju who watched him go with furrowed eyebrows and a slightly heavy heart.

 

As Saku charged through them, he got down a bit and snatched the lass from his brother carrying her bridal style which surprised the fairy so much that she yelped loudly. She almost lost her balance but fortunately for her Saku was stable as he skates in ease with her in his arms.

 

She looked at him in a daze, hands around his neck wondering what the heck just happened. The eldest of the triplets didn’t spare her a glance and just kept skating so casually as if it’s normal for anyone to skate while carrying someone.

 

Chaewon couldn’t help herself from smiling when his attention was finally on hers, she was dying from watching the lad skate with Minju, the two of them being all soft and lovey dovey in front of everyone. It was maddening, so maddening that she nearly went towards them and pulled the girl’s hair but before she could do that, Yehan held her back and proposed a plan then viola, what do you know, Yehan’s plan actually worked.

 

The black haired guy slowed down after a few moments then stopped beside the railings to put her down, much to her dismay she wanted it to last longer. When he placed her down, he was still avoiding her eyes as if realization of what he just did is starting to sink in to him now. He doesn’t even know why he did what he did, something in him just pushed him to do it like someone pressed a button for him.

 

Chaewon looks up at him, chuckling when he refuses to lock gazes with her. She went closer to him hugging his waist as she props her chin on his broad shoulder. Saku places one hand on her lower back while the other holds on to the railings so as to support them both and avoid slipping.

 

“Let’s skate together…” The fairy mumbled softly hoping for a reply or for him to say yes but they stayed right there unmoving for a few minutes. She doesn’t know whether to be glad that they’re in their own bubble together, enjoying the warmth that the other emits or be sad that he ignored her invitation to skate. She sighs then closes her eyes, he frustrates her. To her he has got to be the hardest person to decipher.

 

He’s oftentimes isolated from everyone else, he listens but doesn’t open up, he says one thing but means the other. She doesn’t get him most of the time because he makes it hard for her to understand what he means. Or maybe it’s because he himself is conflicted with his own thoughts, own feelings.

 

Chaewon’s thoughts were disrupted when Saku grips her arms to pull her away from him. She frowns at first, but then the older laid his palm on her as an invitation for them to go skate together, the edges of her lips formed into a smile as she laced her fingers with his. Without uttering a word, Saku pulls her and together they skate along the alley hand in hand.

 

And you know what, there’s a saying that says actions speak louder than words.

 

...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter