chapter six

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where are you?

 

Hurry and come back now.

 

Oppa you aren’t answering your phone, are you on your way home now?

 

Yah this is serious, where the hell are you.

 

28 Missed Calls.

 

Saku’s brows scrunched up as soon as he opened his phone and saw his notifications being bombarded by his siblings. He hasn’t had the chance to grab a hold of his phone a while ago as he was occupied with both Yujin and Minju, plus his phone was on silent mode. As he scrolls down, he began to feel anxious and worried, thinking something bad might’ve happened to his siblings when he was gone and so he ran up to the elevator in a hurry with the other two following behind him as they decided to pay a visit to the other three as well.

 

“What’s wrong?” Yujin asks the lad who was anxiously typing on his phone as he waits impatiently for the elevator to reach the floor to their unit.

 

“I don’t know, Hyeseok and Wonyoung’s been trying to reach me since a while ago I didn’t know they were.” The older taps his foot rapidly as his eyes bore on the display that shows the floor number. Minju notices the concern written all over him and so in hopes of calming him down, she hooks a hand on his arm and drew circles on his forearm.

 

As expected, Saku turned his head to the side facing her as one hand goes over hers. The lass flashed him an assuring smile to which he understood the meaning of even without having to use words. The Japanese sighs then nodded his head, his anxiety coming down little by little thanks to her.

 

When the elevator doors opened, the three of them head towards the unit with the two still linking arms. As they walk, for some reason everything seems to be in a slow motion for the lad and when they stood in front of the door that separates them from his siblings, chills ran all over him to the point that all hairs on his body stood on their ends and he was so stupefied that he couldn’t even bring his hand to punch the code to their unit.

 

Saku’s heart was racing for a reason that he doesn’t know himself, but for some reason his gut was telling him that behind that door is something he wasn’t prepared for, at least not yet.

 

“Oppa are you okay?” Finally Minju’s voice disrupted his thoughts and so he was finally able to let out the breath he was holding in. He inhaled and exhaled a few times before nodding his head and slowly punching in the pin. When the door clicked and opened his feet seemed to have had a mind if its own when suddenly he walked inside as if he was being pulled in by some unfamiliarly familiar force that he could not resist.

 

He noticed two sets of shoes that he knew wasn’t anyone of his and his siblings. Saku could hear people laughing, three of them were his siblings, one was Yuri, and the other two, he wasn’t so sure because suddenly their voices were muffled. But he swear, he knows that voice like the back of his palm, that high-pitched voice and melodic laughter.

 

And when he finally steps a foot in the living room where everyone else was, he took a sudden halt and turned pale as if he just saw a ghost. The laughters died down realizing three other presence were added in the room and when Saku’s eyes locked with that of a particular girl’s chocolate ones, nothing else mattered to him anymore.

 

The brunette stood up from where she sat and slowly she took little steps towards him, never breaking eye contact with each other as if they were afraid that if they did, they’ll wake up from this beautiful dream. No, they can’t risk it because if this is a dream then they wished this would last forever instead.

 

“Well I guess he’s telling Chaewon then.” Hyeseok murmured from the back as he recalled their talk earlier when they were talking about Chaewon and Saku’s kiss, and his remarks earned him a hard smack from Chaehyun, the girl’s twin brother and a glare from the others.

 

“Ow?!” He yelps only to have Yuri cover his mouth with her palm forcing him to keep quiet. Amidst the chaos behind, Chaewon kept her eyes glued on that of the lad’s black ones. She studied his face and how it changed over the past few years they’ve been apart but his eyes stayed the same. He still have that very same gaze every time he looks at her and somehow she was relieved.

 

But she couldn’t help but take a quick glance at the hand that holding his arm, her brows twitched seeing that but decided now is not the time to mind that so she averted her gaze back to his alluring pool. Slowly falling back into the zone where he’s in as of this very moment.

 

The auburn haired girl stopped when the tip of their toes touched and there was a small smile painted on her face as she holds his gaze. Saku on the other hand was still in great shock staring at the girl in front of him. He didn’t expect to see her again, at least not anytime soon especially when their communications got cut off because of the distance and the time difference between them.

 

But now, Kim Chaewon is here once again. She is no longer a sea apart, but just an arm length away and he doesn’t know how to react. He wasn’t prepared for this moment to come and it is happening now. His mind is too blank to process this, too blank to even think about anything else other than the fact that she’s back.

 

Now it was his turn to study her and how much she changed over the past few years. How her short hair made her look sharper and more mature compared to her pink long locks before, her beautiful glowing eyes that he used to think has an actual jem hidden behind it, her same cute nose that he loved to boop and still does, and finally when his eyes landed on her pink parted lips, he was reminded of that particular night. How they felt against his very own, and despite it being both their first kiss their lips moved as if they are very much familiar with kissing.

 

Their teeth didn’t crash, as well as their noses, rather it was what you could call a perfect first kiss with the right person. Saku knew she’s still as beautiful as ever, and she still holds a dear place in her heart which is now starting to emerge after burying it when she left.

 

They didn’t talk, no one spoke they were just staring at each other having a moment that only the two of them are conscious about, and when Chaewon closes in to hug him Saku finds himself moving out of Minju’s grasp to hug her back.

 

When their bodies molded as one and when Saku felt her familiar warmth, the warmth that he’s been yearning for all these years, he shuts his eyes tight and lets the feeling take over him. The hug they’re sharing isn’t like the typical one where you hug someone you haven’t seen in a long time so tight to convey how much you’ve missed them but rather, their arms were just wrapped around each other’s body.

 

Not too tight, not too loose. It’s just the type of hug that says ‘i missed you’ but not in a bone crushing manner, rather a much more comfortable one. Like after a tough day at work you go home to yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter