chapter four

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah wake up, get off the bed right now and eat your breakfast.” Yujin felt taps on his thighs and arms, and they were unpleasantly heavier than the ones he’s used to whenever his cousin would wake him up. These ones just have some resentment in them, it wasn’t even a tapping it was more like slapping except on his body.

 

However despite the heavy hand attempting to pull him back from dreamland, he as per usual used his whole body to shove whom he thinks was Minju aside, groaning angrily as if telling her to leave him alone for the rest of the morning especially since today is Saturday which initially means that no early wake up calls no matter what the reason may be because weekends are, by default, rest days.

 

“I’m going to count to three and if you’re still not up headed to the bathroom I will force you out myself, Ahn Yujin.” The guy on the bed froze, hearing his name being uttered so coldly like that. The voice was incredibly low and held some hostility in it that it spooked him to the core. His eyes shot open upon realizing this wasn’t his cousin that’s waking him up but rather, Saku.

 

“H-hyung! W-what are you d-doing here?” He gulped nervously wondering why the hell is one of the triplets in their house right now waking him up. Is this the right time to panic and start begging for forgiveness for all the times he annoyed the three? Yujin had never regretted doing something dumb, but now that he’s one on one with the eldest of the Miyawaki triplets for a reason that he doesn’t know of made him reflect on his past decisions.

 

“Chill don’t wet your bed silly little boy I ain’t even doing anything yet. You didn’t forget about your math lessons with me now, have you?” Saku was wearing a rather friendly smile as he sat right next to him, but instead of feeling relieved that he is it scared him even more because this is the very first time that the older smiled at him. It doesn’t help that his smile seems so angelic on the outside, he’s not buying it hell no.

 

“T-this e-early? B-but—“ Before he could even finish talking, the other puts a finger against his lips shushing him then nudged his head towards the bathroom with a stern look painted on his face. Yujin had no other choice but to comply despite feeling sleepy still because he knows that Saku won’t even listen to him anyway.

 

“You better hurry up or you won’t have anything for breakfast.” He groans internally hearing that as he closed the bathroom door. As Yujin went on to wash himself up, Saku exits his room and headed to the kitchen where he left Minju. There he found the lass setting up the dining table, putting the foods he brought out of the paper bags.

 

She was in awe of how much food there was considering only the three of them would be eating this might even last the whole day for them.

 

“Did you really have to bring this much? We could’ve settled with just eggs for breakfast you know.” Saku rolled his eyes on Minju’s comment before joining her to help out, she refused at first but the lad was persistent that she was left with no other choice but to accept. Soon Yujin came out of his room right on time as they finished, still yawning and stretching.

 

“Morning mom and dad, ooohh so much food for breakfast.” Yujin his lips as he sat down eyeing the food almost drooling in anticipation. He was about to spear his chopsticks unto the tamagoyaki when Saku’s own pair stopped his from doing so.

 

“Manners will you? We put an effort into making all these early in the morning and yet the instant you walked out of your room you’d think of eating straight away without even thanking or waiting for us?” The lad fell silent after that, taking in the older’s words before he stood up and bowed his head towards the two.

 

“Sorry it won’t happen again. Thank you for the food noona, hyung.” Yujin remained standing as he waits for their signal, once he saw them taking their seats he did too but kept his hands to himself and let them finish serving their plates first. Minju was amused seeing her cousin this obedient, as a matter of fact this might’ve been the first because she could keep him on the leash and that’s on her being his older cousin already.

 

Yet Saku could do it with ease, in just a snap of a finger different from all their previous encounters where they would just bicker and banter with each other all because of Wonyoung.

 

“Hyung you didn’t bring Wonyoung with you?” And that was the end it, just as when she was enjoying this peaceful sight of the two who’s no longer trying to annoy each other, Yujin just had to mention Wonyoung. Saku slammed his cutlery on the table with a smile on his face, but don’t be fooled because that smile meant the opposite.

 

“No, why are you looking for her anyway?” The poor pup jumped on his seat, surprised when the metal slams against the wooden table which created a loud thud that echoes from across their unit. This is the first time that the younger felt fearful towards the senior, perhaps it’s because the other two weren’t with him and that he just realized how intimidating he truly is.

 

It’s not that Hyeseok and Yehan isn’t intimidating, they are too but seeing them all together they just seem so silly for him because in between their threats comes a few silly side comments coming from the other which totally shifts the attention to that.

 

“Saku.” Just then the tension between Yujin and Saku vanishes as soon as Minju spoke. Instantaneously the older’s eyes soften as he shifted his gaze to the lass beside him who was eyeing him with pleading looks. He sighs as he nodded his head before speaking once more after remembering what he and Minju talked about the day before.

 

“She usually sleeps in during the weekends, I’m sure you know that by now since you two seem so close.” There was bitterness in his tone and it is obvious that the hostility is and will always be present between them, but thanks to Minju’s presence it has tone down much more than the usual where they try to rip each other’s throats off in their own minds.

 

“We are and I don’t see anything wrong with that, do you? Because if so, you’re basically saying that Wonyoung can’t have friends.” Yujin utters bluntly as he takes a spoonful of food in his mouth, he might be scared less right now and he should be but someone has to say this to either one of the triplets otherwise who knows how long they will be treating Wonyoung like a child.

 

“Nope, but your intentions better be clear or else.” Saku was dead serious about this and Yujin heard him loud and clear. He nodded his head in response to him then changed the topic into a much more relaxed one.

 

“I like the food, damn we’ve only been having eggs for breakfast and deliveries for so long I’ve forgotten how fulfilling breakfast is.” The pup-like lad devoured his food like a hungry man that he’s even willing to his plate clean. That’s how satisfied he is, thank goodness there’s more for a second plate, and maybe even a third and a fourth since the table is overwhelming filled with servings of foods.

 

“Glad you liked it, eat up you’re going to need it because once we start with your lessons you will not be able to eat unless you’ve answered everything correctly Ahn Yujin. Not even bite or little bites in between.” The said lad gasps in disbelief, putting his chopsticks down as he stared at the lad with a pout.

 

“Hyung don’t be like that~ You do know that it’s hard to think when you’re hungry right? We always have to be full! That way our brains will be at full capacity!” He reasons out in an attempt to change the older’s rules for later but it is to no avail as he paid no heed to him.

 

“You too, eat up I know Yujin’s been stressing you out so much.” Saku now has a smile plastered on his face when his eyes landed on the girl beside him as he puts in a few more foods on her plate. The two exchanged looks with a knowing smile on their faces and seeing their interaction at firsthand made the middle schooler scrunch up his face in disgust especially when he sees his cousin acting all shy and flustered.

 

“Ugh please don’t go all mushy with each other in front of me while I’m eating, it’s disgusting! God you two are making me lose my appetite for real.” The said pair’s gaze turned to him as they stare at him, one perplexed and the other irritated.

 

“We are not flirting, Yujin-ah.” The middle schooler rolled his eyes on what was said followed by a scoff from him. Minju and Saku shrugged his attitude off and went on to finish eating. Soon they were done and while Yujin was washing the dishes, Minju approched Saku who was busy reading the textbook with his glasses on.

 

“You look cute with those on four eyes.” The latter answered with a hum, gaze not leaving the book. Minju sat beside him and stared, studying his side profile as intently as he does with the math textbook.

 

“Staring is rude Kim.”

 

“I don’t care if it’s rude to stare, you’re cute therefore I shall stare.” She said propping her head on one elbow as she did. The lad halted from reading as he stared blankly at the black inks printed on the books as a memory of someone comes falling down on his mind like a waterfall. Oh he could remember those exact same words from the bottom of his heart.

 

It’s rude to stare at people Won.

 

I don’t care if it’s rude to stare, you’re cute therefore I shall stare at you. For as long as I like, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

 

It’s my face you’re staring at, I have every right to forbid yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter