chapter seven part one

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Something’s fishy.” Yehan blabbered all of a sudden as soon as they start the day getting ready to come to school. He narrowed his eyes on each one of his siblings as they ate their breakfasts peacefully on the dining table. Hyeseok tilted his head in confusion as he observed the look that the younger was wearing in order to analyze and understand what he just said, after a few moments it hits him.

 

“Oh yeah something is definitely fishy, where is your girlfriend and what is she planning on doing now?” Hyeseok narrowed his eyes on the eldest triplet then scans the surroundings in search of a particular girl who made it a habit of hers to be here in their unit before they could even wake up just to greet Saku a good morning and attempt for skinships here and there.

 

“First of all she is not my girlfriend okay? Secondly I don’t know either and you’re right that is weird, Wonnie what is she up to?” The triplets turned to their youngest who was halfway through putting the spoon in only to stop when her brothers gave her a look of suspicion.

 

“I don’t know?! Stop looking at me like that!” Wonyoung glared at her brothers who squinted their eyes as they look at her, obviously not believing her words and the youngest dramatically gasps in disbelief.

 

“I really don’t know! I mean who knows maybe she just got tired of getting constantly rejected by my tsundere of a brother who couldn’t admit to himself that he loves her too, or she just couldn’t stand the other two idiots who kept bickering and bickering on and on and on about her bestfriend that she somehow also got involved in the mess because the two idiots thought it would look good on their résumé when they’re in good terms with her!” The three guys who got called out immediately lowered their heads out one by one as their youngest sister started scolding each of them.

 

They munched on their foods silently after that, not daring to meet their youngest’s eyes. Funny how they act so tough, violent and scary but just one glare from Wonyoung and they’re already whimpering in fear.

 

“I’m not in love with Chaewon...” Saku mumbled, lips jutting out as he took a little bite of his nuggets obviously bothered by the girl’s words that came off as her trying to make him realize his feelings because he’s oblivious of it when he knows for a fact that he isn’t. With him saying this, all three rolled their eyes on him and chuckled which annoyed him a little.

 

“You kinda are.”

 

No, it’s his emotions, he knows exactly what or who his heart wants and that’s not the fairy. Growing up together, he always thought of her as his little sister despite her never ending proclamation of her love for him.

 

Right?

 

But why does the thought of Chaewon growing tired of him as what Wonyoung said bothers him a little bit? Is it just because he isn’t use to that? Or is there actually something more than just that.

 

“We’re going to be late.” Hyeseok reminded them of the time which interrupted his thoughts, he wanted to convince himself that it’s nothing just so he could clear the tugging feeling in his heart and his bothered mind but since they’re running late he couldn’t do anything but push that thought aside.

 

After cleaning up, the four siblings then walked to school together with Saku walking behind them just a little. His mind is still preoccupied with the conversation they had earlier, and when Wonyoung noticed him wearing a familiar expression he only wears for a certain reason she walked slower until she matches his pace.

 

“You’re still thinking about earlier?” The lad was caught startled a little realizing that Wonyoung is now beside him. He didn’t even noticed her there until she spoke, but what shocked him the most is that she seem to know what he’s thinking.

 

“No why would I be?” He faked a cough, trying to seem cool but Wonyoung only laughed at his attempt.

 

“Don’t try to fool me oppa, you used to have this look on your face whenever you’re thinking about Chaewon unnie whether it be good or bad. Your face just gives it away whenever you’re thinking about her.” Saku tilted his head in confusion as he couldn’t exactly make up what she’s saying.

 

“What look?”

 

“Oh you know that look where your eyebrows are like scrunched up like you’re annoyed but your eyes are soft and full, the opposite, that kind of look exclusively for Chaewon unnie where your eyes contradicts what you’re saying or thinking, that kind of look.” He grew even more confused when she said this but the more she tries to explain the more curious he gets about this ‘look’.

 

“I don’t have a look.” Saku tries to convince himself that and act cool, but that didn’t fool Wonyoung. However knowing her brother’s personality she didn’t want to push this thought to him otherwise he would overthink this for the rest of the day meaning his mood will most likely be down.

 

“Okay, if you say so.” After that they quietly walked to where her class is, when they parted the triplets quickly walked to their own class which was on the other side of the building where the rest of the seniors are. While heading there, they noticed a lot of people gossiping and looking at them as if they were the talk for the day.

 

Though these didn’t bother them since they were used to it because being triplets isn’t reason enough to be known by everyone but they also basically run the whole campus that even skipping one year of school didn’t affect their popularity. Even without their friends they were fine, if anything they actually felt relieved now that it’s just the three of them and no large group of friends.

 

So they shrugged it off, not making it a big deal however as they got near their class they noticed a bunch of students swarming outside trying to peek through the windows. They could hear gasping and a bunch of other noises they can’t comprehend.

 

“What the hell is going on?” Asks Yehan as they reached their class where almost everyone is gathered at. Their batch-mates turned silent upon the triplets’ arrival and they all looked at Saku.

 

“Well?” He gave them all a questioning look, tone seemingly impatient as all he wanted to do now is sit on his desk but these people are blocking the doors to his class, and it took them a moment before someone spoke.

 

“Kim Chae—“ Saku didn’t let him finish his sentence just the word ‘Kim’ alone was enough to make him rush inside, literally shoving anyone that stands in his way and when he made it inside the sight of Kim Chaewon laughing, talking, and being swarmed by his classmates irked him.

 

Here she is, in his class along with Chaehyun whose head was buried on the desk at the back clearly not as thrilled as his twin, no wonder she was nowhere to be found earlier in their unit. She seems to still be clueless about his presence since she still hasn’t spared a glance at him and he was going to wait until she does but when he saw Jihoon leaning a little closer to fairy for his liking, he clenched his jaw and made his way to the clueless lass.

 

“So Chaewon, I was thinking would you like to eat lunch toge—“ Jihoon was about to ask her to have lunch together, when all of a sudden he was grabbed on his shoulder and Saku roughly yanked him away from the lass who was surprised when her old friend was literally thrown back and then Saku stood from where Jihoon was earlier.

 

“O-oppa...” She stammered still recovering from shock and when she looked up to meet Saku’s eyes, she had never been scared of him until now. The students in their class shuffled to move back to their desks as they didn’t want to experience the same t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter