chapter three

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa stop hugging me please!” Wonyoung whines as she shove Yehan’s face away from being buried on her neck. The older wails feeling his sister’s nails scratch his cheeks but nevertheless refuses to let her go.

 

Ever since they got back home, the lad attached himself to their youngest the instant he found her slouching on the couch. He was wearing a sullen face as he walked further ahead than the other two. Hyeseok on the other hand went straight to the kitchen to grab them some snacks while Saku sat on the couch, letting Wonyoung’s feet rest on his lap.

 

“But I want your hugs Wonnie, I’m sad I really really really need this to cheer up.” He cried out in desperation for his sister’s love, affection, and attention. Some things he craved earlier from a certain hamster, but well the whole time she was too busy tending to his brother that he got little to none.

 

Yet he couldn’t really complain about it, no? After all, he isn’t in the right place to be complaining as he’s merely, just like Hyeseok, trying to win her heart.

 

Tsk. Win her heart my yeah right.

 

Yehan rolled his eyes out at the thought of that, he’s not convinced even a tad bit that the older likes Yuri as much as he likes her. It’s not that he’s belittling Hyeseok’s feelings for the lass, it’s just that he’s a little too playful in terms of that aspect. You wouldn’t believe how many girls he’s flirted (and got in a relationship) with for the past few years, only for him to magically end up liking the same girl as him.

 

The younger wanted to give way for him, to be honest because he thinks that he actually stands no chance against Hyeseok. I mean, what else does he even actually do other than piss Yuri off for all the years they’ve known each other. Plus even before then she’s all Hyeseok and not Yehan, but the thought of the older’s habits in his past relationships made him want to protect Yuri from his own flesh and blood.

 

“What are you glaring at me for?” The said lad stops in his tracks with the spoon halfway through his opened mouth when he suddenly felt chills run down from his spine and once he looks at where it was coming from the younger’s piercing gaze is what greeted him.

 

“You’re the worst, you know?” Yehan scoffs with much bitterness confusing his brother who wonders about his out of the blue act of hostility, thinking if this another one of his phase or he actually did something wrong to make him mad.

 

“... you wanted the cake or...???” Hyeseok was actually starting to get fazed by the younger who kept a stern gaze towards him that he even offered him the last piece of cake only to be ignored.

 

“I hope you choke on it.” Saku could only laugh in amusement while watching the two interact with each other. Soon Yehan finally averted his gaze elsewhere and at the same time granted his sister the freedom that she’s been pleading from him. All eyes were on him as he walked, with heavy steps, towards his own room and even slamming the door closed.

 

Once he was out of sight, Wonyoung started to feel remorseful for shoving the older away. It was obvious that he was hurt when she rejected him because she noticed the edge of his lips twitching, and also he seems to be bothered a lot about something else.

 

“What did you guys do to him again?” The youngest glared at her other two brothers, the eldest raised his two arms as if saying he had nothing to do with it before pointing his lips at the second eldest who was quick to defend himself again.

 

“I didn’t do anything either! We were just hanging out with Yuri and he was okay not until he was called to play soccer. I guess they lost or something, I don’t really know I didn’t pay attention I was with Yuri the whole time what do you expect.” Hearing this already gave the two an idea as to why Yehan is upset and grumpy, yet one particular brother is still clueless as he tries so hard to defend himself.

 

“Well glad you had an awesome time with Yuri, now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to play just order delivery for dinner I guess. Oh and don’t bother me unless you’re Wonyoung, bye!” That being said the eldest also disappeared to his room leaving the youngest with Hyeseok who, judging from his creased forehead, seem to be trying to still figure out if he did something that their youngest triplet didn’t like.

 

“Should I go apologize?” The lad sat on the couch, lifting his sister’s head up so she could rest her head on his lap comfortably as he played with her hair. The slice of cake that he took from the fridge now sits on the coffee table being left forgotten as his mind is now occupied with the thought of his obviously upset brother.

 

“Do you even know what you should be apologizing for?” Wonyoung raises one brow as she tries to read the older’s facial expressions yet all she could see is confusion. She shook her head and sighs heavily because for the past few days, Hyeseok and Yehan have been fighting with each other frequently. Most of the time Yehan’s the more upset one, and the other’s just often clueless as to why.

 

Not only that, but he started throwing occasional fits and would drag all of them in it. He’s not one who could control his emotions well, given that he’s mostly all smiles he’s unfamiliar with handling his feelings especially when both anger and jealousy comes at him at once.

 

This is what worries Saku and Wonyoung the most because from what it seems, as time goes by the tension between Hyeseok and Yehan starts to rise into something more heated. It started with silly and nonsense bickering, to being made into a competition, and now here they are, pissing each other off the more one gets even just a centimeter closer to Yuri than the other.

 

“Oppa.” After a few minutes of getting lost in their own thoughts, Wonyoung broke from her trance and calls out to Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter