chapter seven part two

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Get off me.”

 

“No.”

 

“Get off me.”

 

“No.”

 

“I’m serious, get off me Kim Chaewon I am trying to make everyone a decent breakfast and I can’t move freely with you here in front of me like a barricade. I mean seriously, how did you manage to even burn eggs?!” Saku clicked his tongue, annoyed at the girl who is yet again acting all arrogant and bratty. It’s saturday, no classes and he planned on sleeping in not until he heard screaming from outside which alarmed him. He was worried something might’ve happened to his sister, only to find Chaewon in front of the stove with roaring flames.

 

He quickly pulled her behind him when he sees her then turned off the stove, throwing the pan in the sink right after. When he turned to face Chaewon, shock and fear was evident in her eyes like for a moment there she wouldn’t have known what to do and just stood frozen and if it wasn’t for Saku she would’ve probably burned this whole place up.

 

Exaggerated, but it happens and she had never picked up a pan and a wooden spoon her whole life before to cook. She has someone who does that for her, ergo the princess, as what her friends call her as.

 

“Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? You could’ve just woken me up to cook for you, you know?” He said softly as he held her arm, checking to see if she burned her hand or something. For a moment there, she was super bummed that she’s not hurt because of how worried he was, the thought of pretending she was crossed her head of course but she decided against it then told him she was fine.

 

And then she lunges herself forward, hugging him by his waist then giggled. Saku releases a sigh of relief he wasn’t aware of before snaking one arm around her body. Then somehow, he ended up cooking breakfast with her hugging him tight as he cooks.

 

“You gotta get used to this, when we get married in the future we’re going to do this a lot in the morning and you know, maybe something else.” She said in a teasing tone, confident and all to which the older laughs at as if what he heard was a joke.

 

“I don’t think I’d last a day married to you, all my hairs will probably fall off not even an hour of us getting married.” Chaewon groans at the tease but hugged him tighter, her doing so made his free hand go around her back without his own knowledge like it was his own body’s response to her.

 

“Where is Chaehyun anyway?” He asks.

 

“Picking his girlfriend up from the airport, right I forgot to tell you about that. He has a girlfriend, her name’s Eunbi and she’s very pretty but I’m prettier.” She smiled sheepishly causing a chuckle to erupt from him.

 

“Ugh ew is this what I’ll wake up into now.” Then just as when they were getting accustomed to each other’s warmth, Wonyoung walked into them like this. Saku of course his initial response was to pull away, but Chaewon was holding on to him like her life depended on it that him budging was of no use.

 

“That’s my place, oppa I want hugs too.” Wonyoung pouts as she approached her brother to tug his arm, feeling jealous of a sudden because Chaewon craved for the lad’s attention so much that Wonyoung barely had any left for her. It’s like she never got the chance to hang out and be affection with her brother ever since she came back.

 

Don’t get her wrong, she loves Chaewon as a matter of fact she supports her ‘I love Saku’ agenda but she also wants her daily dose of affection from her brother. Although she always complains about how they’re so clingy towards her, but the truth is she is just as clingy to the triplets as they are to her.

 

Chaewon whines as Wonyoung approached them, not wanting to part from the lad just yet as she is still enjoying his warmth but the youngest’s pout and puppy eyes are just too hard to resist that she ended up doing so even if it is against her will.

 

“Morning Bunny.” Saku ruffled her hair then kissed the crown of her head, Wonyoung pulls away quickly after getting her hug then winks at him before nudging his side as a tease, pertaining to him and Chaewon. The eldest rolled his eyes at her, shaking his head as he turned his focus back to cooking.

 

Facing front, Chaewon’s arms were immediately opened wide already waiting for him to give her what she wants, which is a hug, but instead of getting that, the lad gently pulled her aside causing her to frown.

 

“Go sit on the couch with Wonnie and let me finish this in peace Chaewon-ah.” With a pout, she did what she was told to do but not before surprising him with a kiss on the cheeks. She then walks over to where the youngest was, finding her lying down on the couch with her eyes closed trying to get a few more minutes if rest.

 

“Wonyoungie~” She cooed as she joined the taller one on the couch, Wonyoung scoots giving her some space as she now rests her head on the older’s chest.

 

“Unnie~” Wonyoung looks up meeting her gaze.

 

“Why do you like my grumpy brother so much? He’s mean to you and he keeps on rejecting you so why?” She asks blatantly which surprised the other, Chaewon ponders for a while, pressing her lips in a thin line as she thinks about it.

 

“First of all Wonnie he’s not grumpy, he acts grumpy but he’s not and he’s not mean to me, again he just acts like he is because you guys a lot. He is actually extremely sweet when it’s just the two of us, he’s mature, he takes care of everyone well, and he’s good looking too so that’s a bonus.” Chaewon pinches the bridge of Wonyoung’s nose, causing the younger to giggle as she did. The two of them talked about a lot of stuff after until the former remembered something.

 

“That guy Yujin, is he...” Wonyoung’s eyes went wide and blushed at the mention of her friend. Chaewon saw her reaction and just that alone was enough for her to assume that the girl has a little crush on the said lad and so she gasps dramatically then smirked.

 

“You like him, do you?!” The raven haired girl covered as soon as those words rolls out of Chaewon’s tongue. She turned her head to where Saku was, checking to see if he heard it or not and when she saw him there busy without a clue she sighs in relief.

 

“Unnie! Keep it down you know how they are, if they find out they will kill Yujin!” The brunette laughs at her panicked state as she shook her head, finding the younger cute for blushing and embarrassed that she just read her like an open book.

 

“So you do, well he seems nice I have nothing against him besides for the fact that he seem to be a little too close to that Minju girl.” Chaewon raises a brow, from her tone alone she doesn’t seem too fond of Minju and Wonyoung has caught on to that but she wasn’t exactly sure if it’s because of her speculations about Minju and Yujin or Minju and her brother.

 

“You do know that they’re cousins, right?” The older’s facial expression loosens when she heard that, but after a few seconds of silence it came back and the worry in her face just seem to have grown even more.

 

“Oh they are? Okay I guess.” Now Wonyoung could tell the reason was the latter, and honestly if that did happen she wouldn’t know what to do, how to react.

 

She loves her Chaewon unnie, but she also grew fond of Minju. She wouldn’t be able to pick sides and she’s sure the rest feels the same way. However, there’s something different with the way Saku treats Minju and Chaewon but she’s not sure what it means.

 

Minju, she’s the first he’s ever eased into that wasn’t Yuri or Chaewon. When the fairy left to Australia back then, he became detached to everyone and this includes them, he’s there with them yeah, they are all together and talks, but he doesn’t really talk to them, get it? Then Wonyoung started hearing things about him, like how he started to flirt around or something and it got worse when their parents died.

 

He doesn’t vent, he doesn’t cry, he keeps it all to himself and he was too tense that it almost seemed like he wasn’t her brother that she knew. This all changed when Minju came into the picture and little by little he eased up and one day, Wonyoung recognized those eyes, finally.

 

But then there comes Chaewon, and she, well she’s always been the reason for his bright smile, glowing eyes, and the day that they got reunited unexpectedly, it was like he was whole again. She always did complete him, it’s like they’re each other’s other halves.

 

“Breakfast is ready.” And their talk was cut short when Saku called for them, Wonyoung got up first giving Chaewon a look to which she responded with an ‘ok’ sign.

 

“You too, get up and eat your breakfast.” Saku leans against the counter with his arms folded, demanding the fairy to eat when he noticed that she doesn’t plan on getting up from the couch. Chaewon shook her head and faced him, they exchanged gazes for a short moment before she extended her arms.

 

“Carry me.” She insisted which earned her a groan from the lad, Saku walks to her still with his arms crossed then stops in front of her. 

 

“No, you have feet use them.” He was about to turn around and walk back to his room when Chaewon held his hand causing him to look at her once again.

 

“Please?” She was once again holding on to him tight, and he knows that once she gets a good grip on him he won’t be able to budge. With that he sighs and leans down, hooking one arm behind her knees and the other supporting her back. He carried her bridal style, and Chaewon couldn’t be any happier as she nuzzled against his neck.

 

She only wished that their way to the kitchen was a long, but it’s only a few steps away before he sets her down on the chair. The lass sniffs the delicious aroma of the kimchi fried rice that he cooked, the smell was more than enough to make her drool in anticipation.

 

“Oppa you’re not eating?” Wonyoung asks after noticing that there were only two plates on the table, one for her and one for Chaewon plus he doesn’t seem to have any plans on sitting down too.

 

“Nope, I am sleepy I haven’t gotten enough sleep because some little cub was making noises a while ago which woke me up.” He jokingly glared at the culprit who feigned innocence as if she doesn’t know what he was talking about.

 

“You can sleep later, can’t you just come and join us eat for now?” Having left with no choice, Saku sat down beside Chaewon as he grabs his own plate. As he eats, the drowsiness from earlier started hitting him and so he turned silent. Fortunately for him the girls seem to have a world of their own and they aren’t seeking for his attention.

 

If he wasn’t exhausted, he would’ve thought they’re acting weird and planning on something but since he is, he’ll just grab this once in a blue moon moment of tranquility he rarely gets when they’re around.

 

But then as the two talk and laugh with each other, Saku couldn’t help but watch them do so and his eyes begin to soften as he takes in this sight of them. He watched Chaewon pat his sister’s head with a smile of adoration, watched her pour Wonyoung a glass of water, and sometimes she would even spoon feed the youngest, who will whine at first but will open to eat.

 

His heart skips a beat seeing Chaewon take good care of their youngest and for a moment there he saw her in a different light. Realizing that he had been staring for way too long, Saku fakes a cough and averted his gaze elsewhere so as not to get caught. The tip of his ears had never been this red when realization came to him and as soon as he took the last bite of his kimchi fried rice, he walked back to his room in a hurry with a pounding heart.

 

...

 

“Bowling? You do know that every tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter