chapter nine

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chaewon please join the relay team we only need one more representative from our class.” The said girl grunts in annoyance as she was followed by Hyeseok and Yehan, forcing her to join the sports festival of their school. The triplets were tasked to make the list of all the participants for each event, and they’re almost done only if Chaewon agrees to participate in the relay event.

 

“No, I don’t even like to run! Have you ever seen me run?” She shuts them down, for the umpteenth time but they were just as persistent as her.

 

“Oh come on you chase after Saku all the time.”

 

“That’s different!”

 

“Same thing, hey you come here!” Hyeseok yells for the eldest triplet to come as soon as he sees him enter the room, he left to go to the bathroom earlier with Chaehyun.

 

“What?” Saku snarled at him, annoyed as per usual to which his siblings just shrugged off. They then pointed at the fairy who hugged his waist the minute he’s by her reach.

 

“Your girlfriend doesn’t want to join the relay team and we need one more.” He looks down to see her telling him no by her eyes alone but it seems like he stands with his brothers. He took the pen and the list and wrote her name wordlessly and Chaewon had no choice but to watch him do so.

 

“But-“

 

“I’ll watch.” Just like the she grinned widely as they went back to their seats. A few minutes later and their teacher came back, the class settled down and waited for Mr. Lee to start.

 

“Alright class, today you’ll be having a new classmate. Jihye please come in.” Then came a beautiful girl with cat-like eyes which caught everyone’s attention, almost the whole class was staring at her with their mouths hanging in a gape completely in awe of her beauty.

 

“Hi everyone, I’m Jihye but you can call me Noze.” That’s all Chaehyun, Hyeseok, and Saku heard and after that they were just in a trace staring at the pretty girl who was merely introducing herself in class. Chaewon turned to the lad beside her, realizing he was quiet and seeing him practically eating the new student up with his gaze alone and upon seeing this she smacked his head REALLY hard which caused a loud yelp to erupt from his mouth interrupting the girl in front.

 

“Ms. Kim, Mr. Miyawaki is there a problem there?” Saku looked back in front and shook his head, preventing himself from hissing in pain. He could still feel her hand banging his head and it made him dizzy.

 

“What the hell Kim.” He whispered to her when their teacher moves on, the fairy rolled her eyes on him ignoring the wincing lad right after. He looked at her again and seeing her annoyed, he suddenly felt conscious if he did something wrong.

 

“Won?” He called out to her, and usually she’ll respond with a very bright attitude and a wide smile so it was foreign to him when she’s suddenly ignoring him. Truth be told, it bothered him.

 

Was she mad about the relay event?

 

“Wonnie.” It was then his second attempt to catch her attention, but when she didn’t even budge despite being called by her pet name. Saku scrunched his nose before resting his head on top of his desk to stare at the girl who was busying herself by scribbling on her books.

 

“Ssamu.” Then she finally paused to look at him. They held each other’s gaze, completely forgetting about the rest of the world as they shut the noises of the class and focused solely on the other. A small smile played at his lips as he reaches in for her hand and plays with them for a while before placing both their hands below his desk, intertwining their fingers in the process then fixed himself on his seat as if nothing just happened.

 

But Chaewon, oh God her heart was beating incredibly fast that she was sure her whole class could hear it. It doesn’t help that Saku was just staring in front acting innocent and all while his thumb was caressing hers which is just emitting electricity all over her spine.

 

Sometimes she hates how deeply in love she is with him, she’s scared, so, so scared because she doesn’t know what will be the outcome of her love for him. She doesn’t know whether they are something, or if this has just been their thing since they were kids. She’s scared that when he finally decides he wants to be with Minju, which by the way is very much likely to happen, she might just regret coming back to Korea and this time she wouldn’t be able to escape from the pain.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Chaewon felt him tug her hand and made her look at him in the eyes. He could see the pain and sadness in her eyes and he got worried.

 

“Are you okay?” The fairy releases a breath she didn’t know she was holding then nodded her head. After that, she slowly wiggled her hand out of his grip but to her surprise his other hand held hers as well as if completely refusing for her to let go.

 

“Saku—“ She was about to tell him to let go but Jihye, or Noze as what she prefers to be called sat in front of them right next to Hyeseok greeting her and Saku in the process.

 

The latter gave her a wide grin, like a really wide grin and the fairy couldn’t help but scoff. How could he look at another woman like that while holding her hand right under his own desk. It’s like that picture of three people, where a couple were sitting together unbeknownst to one their partner was holding hands with the third person.

 

“You’re really pretty.” Saku commented with a mischievous grin and the girl beside him rolled her eyes on him and tried her hardest to pull her hand back but it was to no avail.

 

“Thanks for the compliment but I could live without it, your girlfriend looks like she’s already planning our funeral.” Noze pointed her lips at the lass who was giving him a death glare, he followed the direction of her eyes and when he saw the fairy practically growling he laughed.

 

“Well she does that with everyone, by everyone I meant EVERYONE. She once bit Hyeseok’s arm when he tried to take me away to play video games together. Really there’s no exemption.” He squeezes her hand and pulled her closer to him that half her was basically on his side of the chair. They spent half of the class chitchatting, the guys mainly focusing on the new student while she just sat there with her head buried on the desk still bothered by the earlier events.

 

He didn’t deny it when the new student called her his girlfriend.

 

“Ssamachi~” Just then she heard him whisper on her ear, all the hairs on her body rose as she shivers with the way his breath hits her bare skin. Then she felt him letting go of her hand which made her frown for a few seconds but then she felt him putting his coat over her shoulders then caressing her head.

 

“I’ll wake you up when it’s time for recess.” He said then draped his hand around her waist, pulling her close while the other goes around her head.

 

"Rest well."

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter