chapter two

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exactly one month had passed since the first day of school and yet everyday Yujin still surprises everyone with his bold demeanour that he displays in front of the triplets. Yes, as a person he is rather impish indeed that guy is just a ball of sunshine. Like an excited little pup wiggling his tail and ears with his tongue out as he anticipates to have a walk outside with his owner.

 

But even so, they didn’t think he would display the same attitude towards the triplets that could and would beat the crap out of anyone that tries even the slightest attempt to impress their princess. While most boys would crumble on the floor just by the mere sight of them, he however would grin ear to ear as if he was somehow teasing them.

 

Of course the triplets took it the wrong way, and damn did it itch them to just pounce on him then and there so as to wipe that stupid beam on his face but knowing that he is Wonyoung’s only same aged friend, they couldn’t exactly do that now can they? Plus Wonyoung had talked to them about Yujin on multiple occasions, and she told them that if would please her if they could be a little nicer to Yujin then she would be really happy.

 

How could they deny her happiness? Even so, that doesn’t change the fact that it irked the trio seeing a boy near their princess so much and every time they witness this right in front of their eyes yet they couldn’t do anything but keep their hands to themselves and behave.

 

Though Yujin could still feel their angry stare boring in his whole being, it didn’t affect him that much and will only shrug it off as he finds it amusing. Boy the urge he had to suppress to not tease the seniors and annoy them is so great that he sometimes couldn’t help but cause a slip up. Who wouldn’t want to tease three tigers on a leash knowing that they wouldn’t be able to do anything about your provocations?

 

“You know one day you’re going to mysteriously end up dead in an alley and I wouldn’t even have to ask why.” Minju says, putting her tray of foods down as she sat next to her cousin with Yuri and Wonyoung following beside her.

 

“Eh come on you wouldn’t let that happen.” Yujin smugly said, nudging her side and when he did the beauty instantly threw glares to which caused him to obediently put both hands on his lap like a good little boy.

 

Seeing him do so caused the triplets’ faces to scrunch, great the three of them couldn’t make this boy whimper yet a single glare from Minju and he’s already scared less?

 

“Wonyoung come sit next to oppa.” Saku uttered when he saw his sister about to head next to Yujin. Truthfully, the lass wanted to sit with her friend during the break and talk about things only she could talk to him about but with her brother’s soft voice accompanied by his warm smile she didn’t have the heart to refuse so she did.

 

With her doing so, Yujin felt defeated for some reason and looking at the senior he seems to have done this purposely just to annoy him. By now they have a mutual understanding regarding the battle that they’re having, although not stated it is very much clear that they’re battling for the oblivious Wonyoung’s attention.

 

“Jjoyul~” And next was a certain pair’s calling with a cloying tone and gooey eyes as they wordlessly beg for her to sit next to them. Noticing this, everyone in the table immediately backed them up as they all scooted together and occupied every possible seat that was available until she was left with no choice but to sit in between the idiot pair.

 

“Oppa.” Yuri turns to the eldest who raised both of his arms up, as if telling her that he doesn’t have any say about this and would much rather stay out than be involved. This however made the poor hamster felt betrayed as she expected him to be there to help her out at all times whenever his brothers would start their advances on her.

 

“You—“ She was about to hit him on the head, but thankfully for the lad his brothers got his back. Before he could face the wrath of one Jo Yuri, the said girl was pulled by the pair as she was forced to sit, sandwiched by them.

 

Saku stifled a laugh seeing his friend’s restless face, to her right was Yehan who was prattling on nonstop while on her left was Hyeseok who kept on forcing her to try out his spicy almonds.

 

“Ahck! Quit it I told you I hate it Kwangbae! Yehan please shut up you’re spitting on my food!” It doesn’t help that her friends find her situation funny, and out of all of them Saku seems to be the one enjoying it the most judging from how big his mouth opens as he laughs out loud.

 

Seeing this, Yuri took one of Hyeseok’s spicy almonds, aimed directly into the oldest’s mouth, and threw it in perfectly causing the tiny piece of snack to hit his tooth before running straight down to his throat getting stuck on his chest.

 

He came to an abrupt stop as his eyes began to turn red and watery as he hits his chest so as to force the almond back up. Soon he started running out of air as he began panicking more and more pounding his chest harder with each second.

 

Realizing he was choking, Minju who was right beside him started to panic and in haste, taps his back before wrapping her hands around the top of his stomach and delivered an abdominal .

 

At the fourth try, the almond finally came out of his throat and he exhales deeply as if finally realizing how much of a necessity the air is to life therefore it must not be taken for granted.

 

“Oh my god are you okay?!” She asks full of worry, unaware of the disgusted looks that their friends are giving them when Saku rested his head on her shoulders for support.

 

“Uh-oh, there he goes again.” Hyeseok mumbled lowly as he took a sip of his chocolate milk, the oldest was still panting hard perhaps exaggerating a little bit and Minju being the angel that she is kept rubbing his back to soothe him.

 

“You little brat, I could’ve died?!” He yelled at the junior who was making faces, visibly showing how unrepentant she is despite almost causing him to choke to death. Minju shakes her head as she witnessed her friends’ foolishness while still allowing the senior to be as close to her as possible.

 

Seeing this, Yujin was not even a bit pleased as he watched the older make advances towards her naïve cousin in a not-so subtle way with narrowed eyes. Feeling someone throwing darts at him from the side Saku glanced at him.

 

“What?”

 

“You’re sitting a bit too close to my cousin don’t you think so hyung?” Yujin commented, gaze still as stern as ever before grabbing Minju by her arm and pulled her a bit closer to his side, setting a distance between her and Saku just enough so that he’s no longer resting his head on her shoulder.

 

“Yah yah look who’s talking, if you don’t like it then don’t do the same to my sister got it big dog?” Saku replied, wearing the same expression as the younger who, upon hearing his response, gasps in disbelief.

 

“Yah ahjussi just to let you know your sister is the one who’s always clinging unto me I’m just letting her be. It’s not my fault she likes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter