chapter one

la rose & la’épine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wonyoungie wake up and get ready for school, you don't wanna be late on our first day no?" A voice echoes all across the said girl's room and subsequent to that was a constant thud created by someone banging on the walls of her room.

 

Wonyoung groans in annoyance, yearning for a few more hours of sleep to be able to regain all her energy as she hadn’t had enough rest for today. But the loud noise coming from her brother had no signs of ever stopping unless she picks herself up and start her day, as a matter of fact it even grew louder the more she tries to shoo him away.

 

“Yehan oppa please, I just need ten more minutes of silence if you could.” She said in a sleepy voice, almost pleading but much to her dismay the lad dismissed her pleas and sat on the bed beside her as he chuckled.

 

“I would if it’s a normal day but we have school today bunny and Saku will kill me if you end up getting late to class because I let you slack off. Come on get up now so you’ll have an ample amount of time to eat your breakfast, the grumpy pants is cooking your favourite.” As much as she hates the thought of school, she knew she had to not just for her future but because of what her brothers went through two years ago after losing their parents.

 

It forced all of them to grow up and learn to take care of themselves, of each other because after all the four of them is all what they have now.

 

Wonyoung pulled herself off of the bed, heading straight to the bathroom for a shower but not before sending a glare towards the older who gave her a peace sign as he proceeds to prepare her school uniform for her.

 

Right after, he walked out and went straight to the kitchen where the excellent aroma that lingers all over the house was coming from. In there, the other two awaits.

 

“Did you wake her up?” Asks Hyeseok as he pops a piece of raspberry in his mouth, only to have his head smacked by the eldest of them three as he is yet again 'trying out the foods to make sure they're not poisoned'.

 

“Obviously duh why else would I be here if I haven’t you glutton.” Yehan answers sarcastically while rolling his eyes receiving yet another glare from his sibling.

 

Why is everyone so prickly this morning?

 

“Watch your mouth bonehead I’m older than you and that’s not how you talk to someone who is.” The latter used a chopstick to pinch the younger’s duck-like lips whom, upon contact immediately pushed him away and blabbered on.

 

“You’re only older than me by three minutes what nonsense are you even boasting about now!” He yells and so the foolish argument went on, with the eldest shaking his head on his siblings’ nonsense banters.

 

“It’s so early in the morning yet I can hear you guys fighting from my room. Is this really how we start our day now?” Just then the rose among the thorns came out of her room walking towards the triplets who immediately halted their fights.

 

“Good morning Wonyoungie!” Hyeseok rose from his seat as soon as the lass got close to them and hugged her tight, Wonyoung hugged him back just as much as she eased up in her brother’s warmth that grants her a safe place to be in.

 

“Alright me next, move!” After a few moments, Yehan butted in and broke them apart leaving the older with lots of complaints to which no one paid a heed to.

 

The duck-lipped brother showered their youngest with lots of kisses all over her face to which she enjoyed a lot as she loves being pampered by them and he just so happens to be the one that does that the most out of the three. Sometimes way too much even that Wonyoung has to stop him herself.

 

“Alright that’s enough oppa.” She said while giggling, Yehan gave her one last pat before doing so and she turned to the last one. Saku was carefully putting the pancakes in the plates when his sister suddenly threw herself in his arms and it startled him. If it wasn't for his reflexes he would've dropped the plates on the floor already.

 

“Niichan...” The raven whispered and snuggled closer into her brother’s neck. Saku, although surprised, put the plates down before embracing her as he ran his fingers through her soft black locks.

 

“Yes bunny?” The endearment earned him a kiss on the cheeks to which the other two envied, after all it has been some kind of competition between the triplets to be their princess’s favourite. Though it’s rather silly they still silently went on with it despite Wonyoung’s claims of loving the three of them all equally as she have her own favourite traits for each.

 

Wonyoung shook her head dismissing it then broke their hug as the two of them walked to the table with the oldest carrying the plates of pancakes along. They each took their own ratio and enjoyed their breakfast, but of course not without someone from the three attempting to spoon feed their princess from time to time.

 

And that everyone is how the three brothers and their one and only princess start their day. Though they argue most of the time for the whole day, but just a sight of their youngest and they will, in a blink of an eye, stop bickering to focus on her and make sure she gets all the love in the world.

 

By that I mean their love and not someone else’s because boy you won’t believe how strict those three are. Despite appearing to be carefree and silly, they are the total opposite when one shows interest in their sister.

 

They were forced into taking the responsibility of not only being her brothers, but also to be her parents as well so it’s only natural for them to do everything to protect their youngest to a greater extent.

 

 

“The triplets are back!” Someone yelled at the top of their lungs as soon as the trio stepped a foot inside the school gates along with Wonyoung, it was so loud that it could’ve been heard all over the campus and just like that all eyes were on them.

 

Both Yehan and Hyeseok, of course have smug looks written all over their faces with the satisfaction of being back in school and the first thing that welcomed them was the students’ great anticipation for their comeback because for a year, the triplets had to stop going to school reason being their parents’ death and they had to take care of everything that they were left with.

 

Thankfully their auntie became their legal guardian and was there to help them to cope with everything. But of course she can’t exactly do everything by herself so instead, the triplets decided to stop coming to school for a year to help out and also learn at the same time while Wonyoung pushed through with her studies.

 

Meanwhile as the duo was well fed with the attention that they were receiving, Saku could only shake his head watching the two simpletons act all high and mighty. Out of them three, he’s the introverted and most serious one after all he is the eldest although when they are all together he’s a mischievous one as well.

 

“Yah!” Suddenly they recognized an all too familiar voice calling out to them and in a blink of an eye, turned to the direction of the voice and their eyes sparkled in delight.

 

“Jjoyul!” And then there was a fast brisk wind that passed through Saku and Wonyoung as the pair of triplets sprint over to a girl with great enthusiasm.

 

“I missed you! Oh my oh my you dyed your hair blonde you’re beautiful as always!”

 

“I missed you more Jjoyul! Everything looks good on you let it be blonde, red, black or short hair!”

 

“No I missed her more!”

 

“No me!”

 

“Me!”

 

“Me!!”

 

“Saku oppa! Wonyoungie!” The pair’s banters then halted right that instant as their faces fell flat, the girl then went past them and threw herself in the older’s arms.

 

The lad grins widely at the sight of his brothers’ sour expressions before ruffling Yuri’s hair once she settled herself in his embrace. From where they were standing, the other three could hear the duo’s mumblings as they glare at the firstling.

 

“Oh boy here we go again.” Wonyoung commented, shaking her head as she watched the scene unfold in front of her very own eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter