Strings on my guitar

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad, may I borrow your guitar?" Soo-jin tugged on the sleeve of the older, stoic man, grabbing his attention.

"Of course, sweetie. But why?" He said, lightly ruffling the top of her head.

"I told my friend that I would play a song for her, and I want to learn," Soo-jin signed for him.

"Ah, you want to serenade your soulmate? Reminds me of the time I serenaded your mother. It was a beautiful night, I set the mood with a little candlelit dinner and some roses, as beautiful as her, and–" The man started to ramble, only to be stopped by Soo-jin's mom slapping the back of his head.

"Stop embarassing the both of us," Soo-jin's mom sighed, looking at her daughter. "Why the sudden interest? It's been awhile since you've picked up your dad's guitar."

"She showed me this song that was nice, and she seemed to be very eager to show it to me, so I wanted to play it for her to make her happy," Soo-jin replied as she beamed, making her way to her dad's bedroom to grab his guitar.

"You know, she reminds me of you when we first met," Soo-jin's mom whispered to her dad, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I don't doubt that girl is her soulmate, it's lovely to see our little girl do the little things for her," he replied, wiping a single tear from his eye.

"And I've heard that she's picked up sign language just to talk to our daughter, I think she's a perfect fit for her. Now come help me with dinner," she replied, pecking her cheek as she left for the kitchen, man in tow.

 

Soo-jin sat on her bed, lightly plucking at the strings with her fingertips, closing her eyes as she listened to each individual note, tuning the guitar that was unused in her hands.

"Okay, this isn't so difficult, I already feel comfortable," she thought as she played a few notes, slowly getting the hang of it.

She looked up from her fingers, searching up the notes for Shu-hua's song, finding some sheet music that was easy to read.

"Ok, that's an A, A sharp, dadada, F, dada, G" She sung quietly in her mind as she plucked each individual string, repeating the same line over and over again until she could play it without looking.

"Great, this is easy," Soo-jin's expression brightened as she rehearsed the song again, and again, and again, wanting it to be perfect when she played it for Shu-hua. She blinked, her red string that wrapped tightly around her finger entangled with the strings of her guitar, before leading out the window. If it weren't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter