Bursting at the seam

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, I tried to follow my string the other day, but it seemed to stretch quite far, so I sorta gave up," Shu-hua said, her breath visible in the cold morning air, Soo-jin walking right beside her with her books in her arms.

Soo-jin reached into her pocket, pulling out her phone as she typed on it, unable to sign since she was carrying something. "How far?"

"About a couple of blocks. It got a little late and I was too lazy. When I went out the next day, it led me in a different direction."

"Oh well."

"I can't be bothered, maybe one day I'll meet the person on the other end of my string," Shu-hua shrugged as she got into the elevator, the person on the other end of her string getting in with her.

"Thanks for carrying my stuff again, by the way. Even though I know you're going to skip class, I appreciate the help," Shu-hua said, lightly punching Soo-jin's arm.

Soo-jin grinned as she got punched, not really concerned about class, as most of her assignments were based on her schedule, and she already finished her theory awhile ago.

She contemplated teasing Shu-hua again in the elevator, choosing against it as the elevator stopped, both of them greeted by the sight of a couple of Shu-hua's classmates out in the hallway.

"Shu-hua!" A female voice called out, followed by a woman, who looked the same age as them, skipping up to them. "What took you so long?" She said as she frowned at her.

"Ah, Hyun. Why's everyone out in the hallway?" Shu-hua asked, "I'm right on time, what do you mean?" She rolled her eyes, slightly used to her teasing.

"I'm just messing around with you, relax! The professor's running late, I suppose. We're just waiting for him right now," she giggled at her little joke as she glanced behind Shu-hua and looked up to see Soo-jin standing there quietly.

"Hey, do you know there's someone scary behind you?" Hyun leaned in to whisper, but Soo-jin could still hear her, making her scrunch her face in disapproval.

"Oh, right! You've never met because everyone's usually in class by now. Soo-jin, this is Hyun, she's sorta like our unofficial class president. Hyun, this is my best friend since childhood, Soo-jin." Shu-hua stood to the side, lightly pulling Soo-jin and Hyun closer together, only making Hyun shrink.

"Hi! Nice to meet you!" Hyun said in faux cheer, frankly quite intimidated by the tall woman in front of her as she tried to hide her face.

Soo-jin lightly held onto Hyun's chin, making the shorter girl look up at her before she bowed her head, her way of saying "Hello", before looking at Shu-hua and cocking her head.

"Oh, her name is Eom Hyun, she only has a single syllable name."

Soo-jin nodded in understanding as she let go of the blushing girl, continuing to hold onto Shu-hua's books and notes in her arms, gently tugging Shu-hua between her and Hyun. "She's glad to meet you," she helped Soo-jin to fill in the blanks, glancing back at her. "Even though she doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter