Tangled strands

The Red String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shu-hua stirred, feeling a little stuck as she blinked her eyes open, her head resting on Soo-jin's shoulder as Soo-jin's head rested on hers, her arms wrapped around Soo-jin's, a blanket draped over their legs. She hummed as she looked around awkwardly, not moving a muscle just in case she waked her up.

The television was turned off, Soo-jin must have figured it out last night. The memory of her tensely watching the horror movie was still fresh in her mind, she was more interested in seeing Soo-jin flinch or hide, but she instead got her telling her that "It's okay to be scared, I'm here.".

God, Soo-jin was cool as , she's both proud and jealous at the same time. She could tolerate horror movies so well despite not watching one ever, she could play the guitar, she's a genius, she's tall and pretty, it was so unfair. Of course, Shu-hua had far superior social abilities compared to her, or any of their classmates for that matter, and she wasn't exactly lacking in her looks either, it was just unfair that Soo-jin seemed to be a jack-of-all-trades.

 

She sighed as she felt Soo-jin snuggle up to her, seemingly comfortable in using her small friend as a pillow. Shu-hua gently shifted, trying to make it comfortable for Soo-jin while also making sure her own neck wasn't strained, adjusting Soo-jin's arm to relax instead of continuing to support Shu-hua leaning on it. She looked up at Soo-jin's peaceful sleeping face and couldn't help but smile, just a little, as she gingerly brushed her hair out of her face.

Soo-jin wasn't a jack-of-all-trades, nor was she talented. She just worked hard in everything that she did, and Shu-hua knew that better than anyone. She would see Soo-jin studying during recess and even after class, not to mention the study sessions she had at home. She never did see her practice her guitar, but now that it was vacation period, she might see that sight often. She worked hard to communicate with their classmates, and it all paid off. Except for her beauty and her height, she got lucky with those.

 

Fifteen minut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter