Chapter 28

To The Beautiful You - My Version

Tae Joon’s POV (Outside the washroom of Serin Girls’ High)

Thoroughness was a quality I took pride in. I ensured that almost every nook and corner along the way I passed by was not missed. I said “almost” because there was one place I had no access to. It was the female washroom. This was one of the places where people who did not feel well might go to. It was highly possible that Krystal fainted inside. Therefore I must find a legitimate way to search the washroom. Just when I was pacing back and forth for an idea, a cleaner arrived.

“Anyeonghaseyo, ahjunma. Can you kindly please do me a favour?” I asked politely.

“Oh sure. What can I do for you?”

“I am looking for my girlfriend, and I think she’s inside the washroom. But as a man, I could not go in, so can you help me to check if she’s inside?”

“No problem. Give me a moment.”

I bowed gratefully and waited for some good news. Shortly after, the cleaner emerged.

“Young man, there is indeed a girl inside one of the cubicles. She vomited a lot and was too weak to move. Can you…”

Without waiting for the cleaner to finish her words, I rushed in. When I reached the cubicle, I held the girl’s shoulder and turned her around. It wasn’t Krystal.

“Tae Joon oppa?” the girl broke into a weak but grateful smile.

“Is that your girlfriend, young man?” the cleaner asked.

“Yes, I am. It is my greatest dream to be Tae Joon oppa’s girlfriend,” the girl replied on my behalf.

“You… you must be too delirious that you mistake me for your boyfriend. I would have loved to help you but I have something urgent to attend to,” then I turned to the cleaner, “Ahjunma, would you kindly please help her to the school clinic?”

“Even if you don’t tell me to, I would have done so,” the cleaner smiled kindly.

“NO WAY! I only want Tae Joon oppa to help me!”

What the… I was desperate for time and now this?! “Listen, I don’t know where the school clinic is, so this ahjunma is in a better position to help you, ok?”

“I can direct you to the place. Oh, I feel so…” next she feigned dizziness and fainted on me.

“Hey, stop acting. Wake up,” I slapped her cheek gently.

“Young man, the school clinic is quite near here. I can take you there,” the cleaner offered.

Forget it, might as well get done and over with it, I thought to myself. Holding my breath to stop smelling her puke, I lifted her up bridal style and followed the cleaner’s lead.

Jae Hee’s POV

Along the path I was assigned to, I passed by the school clinic. Unlike the previous areas I had left my footprints on, mostly classrooms that did not belong to Krystal, the chances of finding her here was higher. If Krystal was feeling unwell, she would pay a visit here to get some medical attention, after which she fell asleep while resting. Hence she did not take any phone calls.

At the entrance, I saw the school nurse struggling to reach for some medicine high up on the shelf due to her short stature. Out of chivalry, I went forward and took it with ease for her.

“Gamsahamnida,” the school nurse turned around to face me, “Oh it’s you Sulli. Is it my imagination or did you go through another growth spurt?”

“Eh?”

“And yet your hair has become shorter. Haha. Why did you chop off your beautiful locks? Though you manage to pull off the khot mi nam look pretty well.”

“Well, actually…”

“Anyeonghaseyo! May I get some help here?” I recognised Tae Joon’s voice. Had he found Krystal?

“Please come in quickly!” the school nurse’s attention was diverted.

I caught a glimpse of the girl’s face and heaved a sigh of relief that it was not Krystal. Wait, what was I thinking? This meant that Krystal was still somewhere out there not yet found. Instead of worrying, I ended up stooping low to Tae Joon’s level and engaged in his juvenile Lets-see-who-finds-Krystal-first competition. Krystal’s well-being is first priority, I mentally reminded myself.

Since the school nurse was busy with a new case, I decided to help myself. I inspected the room and found no one except for the newly arrived patient.

“Nurse nim, can I leave her with you. I need to go now,” Tae Joon got up, ready to leave.

“No problem at all. It’s my job to help the sick students.”

“Wait Tae Joon oppa, stay here with me please,” the female student suddenly woke up and held on to Tae Joon’s arm.

“Oh, you have woken up? That means you are fine and I can go…”

“Oppaaa, I still feel weak, and I’m scared to be here on my own. Please keep me company.”

The entire scene was amusing to watch, but I had no time for this. Given that Krystal was not here, I should move on.

“Kang Tae Joon, you look busy, so I shall make a move first,” I bade Tae Joon farewell and scooted out of the school clinic.

“Wait, sissy! How dare you get to Krystal before I do?” I could hear his voice from behind me.