Chapter 21

To The Beautiful You - My Version

Krystal’s POV (School Stadium)

Vacation was over in a bat of an eyelid and we were warped back to the routines of school life. I was on my way to the stadium, a shared facility by both Serin Girls’ and Genie High. The cheerleaders from my school was having a full dressed rehearsal for their upcoming competition. As a result, the stadium was more crowded than usual, with the boys from Genie High “cheering” on the cheerleaders. That was only half the story. On the other end, the athletics team from Genie High was having physical training. Needless to say, the fan girls of Kang Tae Joon gathered on the spectator stand to check out their sports idol.

My purpose of going to the stadium had nothing to do with fangirling Kang Tae Joon or ogling at the cheerleaders. I needed to submit my medical certificate to my Physical Education teacher, Miss Park, in order to justify my absence from her lessons. Fortunately, the cheerleaders had a break not long after I reached the stadium, hence I did not have to wait too long to meet Miss Park.

“Joisonghamnida! I’m late in handing in my MC,” I apologised, with my head low.

“Gwenchana. I left for my hometown a little earlier this time. Anyway it’s better late than never,” Miss Park smiled magnanimously as always, “Still, it’s a shame to see your great potential in sports being hampered by your anaemic condition. I would have put you in my cheerleading team if not for your illness.”

“Park seon saeng nim, you flattered me.”

“You know me. I’m not generous when it comes to praises. Anyway, take care.”

“Ye, Park seon saeng nim,” I bowed and turned in the opposite direction to leave the stadium. Halfway through, I had a slight dizzy spell. While I staggered on, someone caught hold of my wobbly body.

“Krystal, gwenchana?” it was Jae Hee.

“Oh, thanks. Don’t bother with me. You have your training…”

“I’m having my break now. Come, let me help you to the spectator stand,” Jae Hee allowed my arm to rest on his shoulder for support, “Why are you here on your own? Where is Jin Ri?”

Sulli’s POV (Outside school gate of Serin Girls’ High)

Where is Krystal? I thought to myself. Krystal had a medical appointment later in the day. Being Krystal’s best friend, I accompanied her religiously to all her regular check-ups. This time, I had to sit for my Advance Korean test, a subject which Krystal did not take. While waiting for me, she went to hand in her MC to Miss Park first. We agreed to meet up outside our school gate.

“Anyeong! Sulli!” instead of Krystal, I saw Eun Gyeol heading in my direction.

“Ah… anyeong…” after his confession that night, I had problem looking directly in his eyes.

“Did I scare you… with my confession?” I could detect disappointment in his question.

“Scare is too strong a word. I’m merely surprised that someone actually… likes me,” in fact, this was the first time I received a confession.

“You would be even more surprised to find out that I am not the only one…” Eun Gyeol’s mumblings trailed off at the end.

“What did you say?”

“Er… nothing,” it was Eun Gyeol’s turn to break eye contact with me.

“You did say something about you not being the only one… I don’t care. Tell me, I want to know,” I tugged at the sleeve of his shirt. My curiosity did not allow me to let him off so easily.

“Aish! Why is my tongue getting slippery these days?” Eun Gyeol slapped his mouth vigorously, “Ok if you want to know you have to answer my riddle correctly first.”

While waiting for Krystal, it did not hurt to take up Eun Gyeol’s challenge, “Deal.”

“Which part of a guy’s body does Sulli like the most? You must also explain why.”

“Hmm… what a weird riddle… eyes?”

“Wrong,” Eun Gyeol smirked.

“Nose?” “Wrong.” “Mouth?” “Wrong.” “Ears?” “Wrong.” “Hands?” “Wrong.” “Legs?” “Wrong.” “Head?” “Wrong.” “Shoulders?” “Wrong.” “Knees?” “Wrong.” “Toes?” “Wrong.” “Fingers?” “Wrong.”

“Wait a minute. Don’t tell me the answer is byuntae in nature?” I questioned suspiciously.

“Anya. Unless Sulli happen to really like a guy’s…” Eun Gyeol snickered. I flicked his forehead in retaliation.

“Fine I give up! You better have a logical answer to this,” I showed my fist.

“Upper arm,” Eun Gyeol declared confidently.

“Why?”

“Because it’s humerous (humerus) inside,” Eun Gyeol flashed his toothy grin, “I remember you like guys that make you laugh.”

I blushed at his words. Eun Gyeol remembered what I had said.

“Is it logical, and more importantly, funny enough?” Eun Gyeol lowered his head shyly, “I am working hard to be your ideal type of guy. However I can’t meet your other requirement. You like ordinary looking guys, but I am too handsome. Ortoke?”

“I have to admit that you ARE handsome,” I rubbed my chin, naughty ideas brewing in my mind.

“Jinja?”

“If is with three people, and foursome is with four people, handsome is with… Pretty much expected of a -ster like you.”

“Arghhh! Did hyungnim tell you something bad about me behind my back?”

“Who’s your hyungnim?”

“Your brother is also my brother.”

“What are you talking about…” I muttered and looked away shyly.

“Hee… Oh yeah, I remember why I was looking for you in the first place. This is for you,” Eun Gyeol passed me the ticket to his National’s debut match.

“Kumawo. Erm… do you have extra tickets?”

“Don’t worry. I passed Krystal’s ticket to hyungnim. He will give it to Krystal. That would give them a chance to interact with each other.”

“Oh… thanks… By the way, what’s taking Soo Jung so long?”

“You are waiting for Krystal?” Eun Gyeol sounded strangely dejected.

“Yes. She has a medical appointment and I am going with her,” I looked at my watch, “I think I should go to the stadium and look for her instead.”

“I see. It’s a medical appointment. Yeah you should accompany her. Let me go with you. I’m on my way there for my training as well,” Eun Gyeol sounded relieved. What’s with him and his fluctuating emotions?

Krystal’s POV (School Stadium)

“I’ve got you some warm water,” Jae Hee passed me a styrofoam cup.

“Thanks. You save me from the embarrassment of fainting in the middle of the stadium,” I drank the water slowly.

“No problem at all,” Jae Hee shifted uncomfortably, and I observed that it was due to something he held in his hands.

“What’s that piece of paper you are holding?” I pointed out.

“Oh… erm… it’s for you, the ticket to Eun Gyeol’s debut National’s match. Ji… Jin Ri is going too. So you won’t be alone with me…”

“Why should I worry about being alone with you? It’s not like you would eat me up. Or would you?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Ah… anya!” Jae Hee waved his hands frantically. He’s cute when he’s embarrassed.

“Araseo. Oh, I’m meeting Ssul and I’m late. I better go now. Thanks,” I struggled a little to get up from the seat.

“Can you manage? I can excuse myself from the training for a short while and bring… WAhhhhhh!”

While holding onto Jae Hee for support, I ended up pulling him down with me. Both of us ended up in a compromising position, with Jae Hee lying on top of me, his lips meeting mine. We stayed that way for a while.